FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kookiemnstr

Hoping to get a critique

I'd like to think of myself as an average player and I want to get better! Currently we are on Garrosh normal and I play mostly destro but afflic on a few fights. In ToT I played mostly affliction.

I see people post an armory link and some logs and then you guys throw out all kinds of advice. I'm sure this takes a bit, so thanks in advance for your time!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/drenden/Kookiemnstr/simple

Currently saving rolls for Shamans (I want KTT), Nazgrim (tier gloves), Garrosh. Any other Suggestions? Any suggestions on reforges/gems/chants/etc considering I mostly run destro? In my bags I have normal breath, WF normal FCR, flex scalebane bracers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/8418/

Here is our guild page, I'm not sure which fights are best to analyze. Please take a look at my destro logs, as those are what I'd prefer to focus on. In advance, I know my havoc use is terrible and I'm actively working on it.

Once again, thanks!

Meme might have to go...it appears IT has blocked worldoflogs.  Ya know, but Reddit is still not blocked.  I'll never understand how IT picks what is and isn't blocked.  Critique coming in 5 hours...sorry.

Much appreciated. Also, if it helps any...I run affdots, skaada, dbm, and tellmewhen to keep track of procs. Additionally, and it's probably sub optimal, I run sup/obs every fight in SoO regardless of spec.

that is sad times zagam. setup a remote connection to your home computer!

for starters, if you don't manage to get a KTT/BBOY and you have some spare time, you should really pug a heroic TOT and get yourself a wush because yulon's bite is a really piss poor trinket. also your armory says you are reforging/gemming for 1600 expertise and 2000 hit so the +hit from wush would be pretty great for you.

your malkorok opener: cooldowns -> immolate -> conflag x 2 -> incinerate -> immolate (???) -> incinerate x 3 -> chaos bolt x 2 -> immolate

you really shouldn't be refreshing immolate that second time. i know it's tempting because omgprocs but if you look at your logs, that immolate cast is causing you to drop buffs during your second chaos bolt cast. in this case it was just tempus repit so your second cb still hit really hard, but this will surely cause big losses for you on pulls where it's a different proc that drops early. you are going to refresh immolate after the second cb anyway.

other than that your malkorok logs seem fine. i'm surprised there are no demonic circle casts though. you either never got knocked into the air or you just ignored it, but you should use circle teleport to get back on the ground quick. also you should use twilight ward to help your healers out. not a big deal on normal but these are good habits you should get into.

sha of pride:

what separates good parses from absurdly high wtf dps parses on this fight is your burst on adds. you should ALWAYS havoc the boss when adds spawn, always have ROF up BEFORE they spawn, always have 2x FNB conflags ready to go, get as many FNB incinerates as you can, then fucking shadowburn your pants off for silly mega damage. you gotta think like that AOE padding damage is your pie and everyone in the raid wants to take some of your pie but FUCK THAT be greedy and take all the damage. you have a very low number of hits with FNB incinerate, FNB conflag, shadowburn, and havoc so i'm guessing you're not doing this. 

also your immolate uptime is very low (78%). 

and you only used DS twice in a 4:15 fight, should be 3 times. it lines up well with your PBI and yulons so always use it. it looks like you didn't use archimonde's darkness or mannaroth's fury on this fight so... why KJC? pointless talent on this boss. just teleport and gateway between prisons.

• Like 1

I should be home in about 2 hours. If you point out specific ones you'd like looked at, I'll happily take a look. I'm not Zagam, but I've learned quite a lot from him about doing this thing.

Okay, so I'm not quite as solid on analyzing Destro, but I at least know a bit. But, my first question: why are you guys waiting until the end to Hero on Malkorok and Iron Juggernaut? Neither of those bosses have a soft enrage to push through at the end. At the start of a fight, everyone is getting all of their procs with all of their CDs. That will never happen again for the rest of the fight. Waiting until the end to Hero is simply losing a lot of potential damage.

That said, looking at those two fights, your numbers look pretty good. You've got very big, beefy average Chaos Bolts. Your Immolate uptimes are at ~97%. You should be able to get that a bit higher (remember: Immolate is now incredibly important with the buff).

This is just a personal thing, but I often try to wait to use my second pot until the very last DS I (think) I'm going to get, which is usually during execute, because I'd rather buff a lot of Shadowburns than a lot of Chaos Bolts. Again, that's just me. One of the other, better locks may correct me and have a reason why that's a terrible idea.

On Sha, your average Chaos Bolt is pretty similar. But, your Immolate uptime plummeted to 78.7%. That's a big loss right there. You only used Havoc three times, when you should be able to fit in much more. The fight is on a minute-long timer. I'm able to Havoc him before Reflections get low to get some extra Shadowburn damage in, and then Havoc for the Manifestation as well. For the length of your fight, you could have had at least 7. 

Otherwise, everything looks good to me.

Thanks for the responses!

Gatsby: That makes perfect sense about not throwing up another immolate and getting a cb instead. You're totally right, I see aff dots changes color and see big numbers and I...just...can't....resist. Demonic circle on Malkorok? I def got knocked up, I just never thought to use that. And twilight ward makes perfect sense, I need to use that as well! Also, great advice on Sha of Pride, that's fantasic. RoF early and have 2 conflag ready to go...I like it!

Kazistrasza: Thanks for the advice, I will specifically focus on improving immolate uptimes and also using havoc more often.

I need something that screams as at "Hey Dick, Havoc is back up!" Anyone use an addon for that? Please be advised I'm awful with computers and add ons, it took me like an hour to figure out how to make tellmewhen. So, simple is good if it works just as well. Also, Is that consensus? Pot for DS+Execute phase if possible?

Finally, if we have the people, we will be doing more attempts on Garrosh tomorrow. If anyone has a few minutes, could you look at my Garrosh attempt logs? At first I focused on the axe and Garrosh, then the tanks were saying adds needed to go down faster so I would do both.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c3n7w2vr6djrc46b/dashboard/?enc=bosses&boss=71865

Thanks again!

Edit: What should I use for my second trinket on Garrosh? WF normal FCR or Yulon's bite?

Edited by Kookiemnstr

To keep track of when my CDs are up, I have a WA group that just makes the icons appear under my character, and I have Havoc there.

If there's something you need an alert for, WeakAuras is your friend.