FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jaenny

Ultraxion:HC MS dps weak

Hello, I have an issue which is not of greatest importance, because the boss dies, but I am eager to increase my DPS and I just am not able to manage that.

I have found a tool, called 'Epeen bot' on the website www.raidbots.com

Epeen Bot charts all of a character's parses on a timeline and shows them in relation to a large number of other raiders (specifically, all those who publically log on World of Logs).

Link to my warrior on that website

Now, if looking at the parses:

- I died the second time, so we can neglect that.

Looking at the rest:

If you look at the other boss-fights, I tend to manage to score highly in comparison to the other Warrior DPS logs.

I don't manage to hit that high on Ultraxion,

here is the link to my warrior on armory, and here is the link to the latest logs.

I hope that somebody can give me a direction, so that I can improve myself.

Thanks

I've looked at this issue quite a bit and the only things I am noticing holding you back in DPS on Ultraxion 10 heroic, against other Arms Warriors are:

• The damage done by the tentacle from inv_sword_2h_deathwingraiddw_d_01.jpgGurthalak, Voice of the Deeps is very low. In the log you linked, your tentacle did a total of 612K damage over 4:25 seconds. In another log of a well-ranked Arms Warrior, his tentacle did 1.4M damage over 2:57 seconds. The only reason I can think of for this is that you are standing too far from Ultraxion, meaning that sometimes the tentacle spawns out of range of the boss.
  • The average damage of all your abilities is lower than those of other Arms Warriors, by 2-3K for each ability. This is almost surely because of your weaker gear. I don't think this could be the problem, though, if you claim that you are only underperforming on Ultraxion.

Okay, this seems to make sense, what really annoys me that the tentacle never really does more than 10% of my damage.. which sucks, I think I might exchange the weapon for 410 Specimen Slicer.

Thanks though, maybe also the good ranked warriors simply use the 416 Version, which could generally explain the increased weapon + tentacle damage.

• Sad 1

Okay, this seems to make sense, what really annoys me that the tentacle never really does more than 10% of my damage.. which sucks, I think I might exchange the weapon for 410 Specimen Slicer.

Thanks though, maybe also the good ranked warriors simply use the 416 Version, which could generally explain the increased weapon + tentacle damage.

I think it's been more or less "proven" that Gurthalak is always better than Experimental Specimen Slicer of the same variety (LFR-LFR, normal-normal, heroic-heroic). So, I would personally recommend sticking it out with Gurthalak, making sure the tentacles are attacking Ultraxion each time they spawn (if they aren't, just move closer).

And yes, the well ranked Arms Warriors on worldoflogs all use the 416 version of Gurthalak, so that surely accounts for some differences in damage, but it shouldn't be so severe, especially not in the damage done by the tentacle.

Let us know if you figure out anything more, it's a curious issue!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this