Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaenny

Ultraxion:HC MS dps weak

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an issue which is not of greatest importance, because the boss dies, but I am eager to increase my DPS and I just am not able to manage that.

I have found a tool, called 'Epeen bot' on the website www.raidbots.com

Epeen Bot charts all of a character's parses on a timeline and shows them in relation to a large number of other raiders (specifically, all those who publically log on World of Logs).

Link to my warrior on that website

Now, if looking at the parses:

- I died the second time, so we can neglect that.

Looking at the rest:

If you look at the other boss-fights, I tend to manage to score highly in comparison to the other Warrior DPS logs.

I don't manage to hit that high on Ultraxion,

here is the link to my warrior on armory, and here is the link to the latest logs.

I hope that somebody can give me a direction, so that I can improve myself.

Thanks

I've looked at this issue quite a bit and the only things I am noticing holding you back in DPS on Ultraxion 10 heroic, against other Arms Warriors are:

• The damage done by the tentacle from inv_sword_2h_deathwingraiddw_d_01.jpgGurthalak, Voice of the Deeps is very low. In the log you linked, your tentacle did a total of 612K damage over 4:25 seconds. In another log of a well-ranked Arms Warrior, his tentacle did 1.4M damage over 2:57 seconds. The only reason I can think of for this is that you are standing too far from Ultraxion, meaning that sometimes the tentacle spawns out of range of the boss.
  • The average damage of all your abilities is lower than those of other Arms Warriors, by 2-3K for each ability. This is almost surely because of your weaker gear. I don't think this could be the problem, though, if you claim that you are only underperforming on Ultraxion.

Okay, this seems to make sense, what really annoys me that the tentacle never really does more than 10% of my damage.. which sucks, I think I might exchange the weapon for 410 Specimen Slicer.

Thanks though, maybe also the good ranked warriors simply use the 416 Version, which could generally explain the increased weapon + tentacle damage.

Okay, this seems to make sense, what really annoys me that the tentacle never really does more than 10% of my damage.. which sucks, I think I might exchange the weapon for 410 Specimen Slicer.

Thanks though, maybe also the good ranked warriors simply use the 416 Version, which could generally explain the increased weapon + tentacle damage.

I think it's been more or less "proven" that Gurthalak is always better than Experimental Specimen Slicer of the same variety (LFR-LFR, normal-normal, heroic-heroic). So, I would personally recommend sticking it out with Gurthalak, making sure the tentacles are attacking Ultraxion each time they spawn (if they aren't, just move closer).

And yes, the well ranked Arms Warriors on worldoflogs all use the 416 version of Gurthalak, so that surely accounts for some differences in damage, but it shouldn't be so severe, especially not in the damage done by the tentacle.

Let us know if you figure out anything more, it's a curious issue!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Dragon Warrior Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our N'Zoth Control Warrior Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Dominia
      LOOKING FOR MORE DPS
      7/7 Normal EN
      7/7 Heroic EN
      3/3 Trial of Valor on Normal
      Starting H ToV soon

<Mythic on Mains> is a heroic raid team comprised of adult raiders who value their time while progressing through current content. The core group came together in Warlords and cleared all content on both Normal and Heroic.

We raid Thursday and Sunday evenings.
      Invites: 7:45pm -- First Pull: 8:00pm -- End: 11:00pm  (Eastern)

Atmosphere
      ----------------
      We are a laid back group looking to have fun while working on current content.
      There will be wipes as we learn. But no raging tantrums or frothing at the mouth. Adult humor and language in chat and voice is ok, however be respectful and mature.

Expectations
      -----------------
      Be available for a majority of both scheduled evenings (Thu/Sun) and for the entire scheduled raid time (Invites: 7:45pm, End: 11:00pm).

We have very low tolerance for no-shows. We understand emergencies happen but ask that you make every effort to let us know of an absence as much in advance as possible. Remember there are other humans setting aside their time to do this as well. 

Gear must be enchanted with appropriate enchants. 

Slotted gear must be gemmed with appropriate gems.

Maintain an appropriate understanding of your class talents and rotations. Healers must be able to heal effectively. Tanks must be able to tank effectively. DPS must be able to pew pew effectively.

Bring appropriate buff food, potions (heal, mana, combat), and flasks.

Read and view fight strategies and videos when asked. 
      Graciously take suggestions for improvement and direction on voice chat. 

Bring the fun.

If you are interested in joining us, please post the following information on Discord at https://discord.gg/KrmxZ9w and someone will get back to you as soon as possible:
      Toon Name@Server
      Class: Spec/Off Spec
      Main Spec: iLevel / artifact level / AK level
      Prior Raid Experience
      Battletag
      You do NOT have to server transfer or join the guild to play with us.
      Contact info:
      BNet: Dominia#1504
      Discord: Dominia#5437
      Twitter: @TheRealDominia
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Pirate Aggro Warrior Standard Deck.
    • By platinumwolfe
      Guild Info:
      [Emerald Dream][A] <Scrub Squad> is a casual raiding guild, currently at 7/7H 3/3N 1/3H. We need a few more solid people to start Mythic!

Raid Times:
      Our raid nights are Tuesday/Thursday from 8-12pm eastern.

We're looking for people wanting to have fun while raiding and downing content. - No stress.
      We are looking for ranged and melee DPS for Mythic Progression.
      Also we run Mythic + all week and have several groups downing 11's and 12's. We hope to get up to 15 soon! 
      Currently looking for:
      Tanks: No demand
      Melee DPS: Low demand (Warrior, Havoc, Windwalker, or anyone exceptional)
      Ranged DPS: High demand (Mage, Hunter, Shadow Priest, Warlock, anyone exceptional)
      Healers: No demand
      We're at 19 members looking to get a few more to sit around 20-23. New members should be ilevel 860+ but that's not firm.

About Our Current Members:
      Most have extensive raiding backgrounds, and some come from previous hardcore raiding guilds. We're looking for a casual environment for less stressful and more fun raiding.

What Want In Members:
      Reliable - At least 80% attendance
      Friendly - fun loving!
      Self-motivated - players who can look up boss fights and class information on their own. With limited raiding time we can't afford to spend it all explaining boss mechanics multiple times.
      Chill - we're not looking for people who cause drama or place blame on people for failure.
      Attitude - Don't be a jerk, not just to guildies, but to everyone.
      Mature, Thick skinned - we can say some pretty offensive jokes.
      Ideally skilled - but that's something that can be helped.
      On the Emerald Dream server, or willing to transfer. For running Mythic raids, players have to be on our server.
      Feel free to pop into our recruitment discord to talk to an officer or leave a message! 
      https://discord.gg/y6ArYFU
      Battletag -  Wolfe#1468