Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ultraxion:HC MS dps weak

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an issue which is not of greatest importance, because the boss dies, but I am eager to increase my DPS and I just am not able to manage that.

I have found a tool, called 'Epeen bot' on the website

Epeen Bot charts all of a character's parses on a timeline and shows them in relation to a large number of other raiders (specifically, all those who publically log on World of Logs).

Link to my warrior on that website

Now, if looking at the parses:

- I died the second time, so we can neglect that.

Looking at the rest:

If you look at the other boss-fights, I tend to manage to score highly in comparison to the other Warrior DPS logs.

I don't manage to hit that high on Ultraxion,

here is the link to my warrior on armory, and here is the link to the latest logs.

I hope that somebody can give me a direction, so that I can improve myself.

I've looked at this issue quite a bit and the only things I am noticing holding you back in DPS on Ultraxion 10 heroic, against other Arms Warriors are:

• The damage done by the tentacle from inv_sword_2h_deathwingraiddw_d_01.jpgGurthalak, Voice of the Deeps is very low. In the log you linked, your tentacle did a total of 612K damage over 4:25 seconds. In another log of a well-ranked Arms Warrior, his tentacle did 1.4M damage over 2:57 seconds. The only reason I can think of for this is that you are standing too far from Ultraxion, meaning that sometimes the tentacle spawns out of range of the boss.
  • The average damage of all your abilities is lower than those of other Arms Warriors, by 2-3K for each ability. This is almost surely because of your weaker gear. I don't think this could be the problem, though, if you claim that you are only underperforming on Ultraxion.

Okay, this seems to make sense, what really annoys me that the tentacle never really does more than 10% of my damage.. which sucks, I think I might exchange the weapon for 410 Specimen Slicer.

Thanks though, maybe also the good ranked warriors simply use the 416 Version, which could generally explain the increased weapon + tentacle damage.

Okay, this seems to make sense, what really annoys me that the tentacle never really does more than 10% of my damage.. which sucks, I think I might exchange the weapon for 410 Specimen Slicer.

Thanks though, maybe also the good ranked warriors simply use the 416 Version, which could generally explain the increased weapon + tentacle damage.

I think it's been more or less "proven" that Gurthalak is always better than Experimental Specimen Slicer of the same variety (LFR-LFR, normal-normal, heroic-heroic). So, I would personally recommend sticking it out with Gurthalak, making sure the tentacles are attacking Ultraxion each time they spawn (if they aren't, just move closer).

And yes, the well ranked Arms Warriors on worldoflogs all use the 416 version of Gurthalak, so that surely accounts for some differences in damage, but it shouldn't be so severe, especially not in the damage done by the tentacle.

Let us know if you figure out anything more, it's a curious issue!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sappora
      H-Bleeding Hollow

Methodical is a Horde guild on the realm Bleeding Hollow we are currently in the process of rebuilding our raid core, and are in need of players to replace some trials that were cut. We are recruiting ALL exceptional players new, or returning, for moving towards mythics. We are seeking smart players who know how to play their class well and have no problem learning new mechanics quickly.

Raid Progression: 1/7 M EN
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)

About us:
      We are comprised of long term raiders who have raided multiple expansions at a high level.
      Most of us have played together for many years.
      We try to be on a first name basis with our raiders.
      We raid to have fun with our friends but also to push progression.
      Semi-Hardcore raiding guild whose goal is to get Cutting Edge each tier.

Who we are looking for:
      People who get excited about raiding every raid night.
      People we can rely on (attendance,effort,communication,dedication).
      People who who are looking for a fun raiding environment.
      People who understand what progression is all about.
      People who engage in the guild (socially, and as an integral part of the team).

We are currently looking for non-leather RDPS.

Requirements from you:
      Be able to make our times with 90% attendance (we understand certain real life situations occasionally come up)
      Know your class to the best of your ability and be able to take criticism from other players on how to improve your class. Also go through logs and see what you are doing wrong so you can play at your full potential.
      Execute mechanics in a logical sense. You do no DPS/HPS while you're dead. Standing in fire does not give you buffs.

If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and the general vibe of raids. 

Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)
    • By Sinnox
      Progression: 7/7 EN N (1/7H) Lead
      Faction: Horde (Lok'tar Ogar!)
      Schedule: Raiding Tuesdays/Wednesdays (occasionally Thursdays) 7pm EST to 10pm or later EST
      Classes/Specs Needed: 2 Healers, 3 DPS (Casters preferred but still apply)
      If you have parses of fights from raid bosses please link them in your whispers to myself or any of my officers! You will have priority if you can provide proof of your talent
      Arms/Fury Warrior
      Affliction/Destruction/Demonology Warlock (High Need)
      Windwalker/Mistweaver Monk
      Enhancement/Restoration Shaman
      Arcane/Frost/Fire Mage (High Need!)
      Shadow Priest (High Need)
      About us! :Born and built from the ground up on Deathwing, having earned the level 25 achievement when it was current (Some care about that lol). We're a very laid back guild, always a place to go have a great chat without worrying about toxicity. Active members always helpful and a pretty humorous atmosphere. When it comes to raiding we are a dedicated serious raiding team aiming to eventually push towards mythic, but we also aim to have a good time when on farm runs or practicing. Depending on the circumstance we will also put forth an effort to gear up newcomers and down some bosses and get some loot! Also welcoming just regular members who want a home! All are welcome!
      What next? :Give us a try! Contact Sinnox#1475 or Raer/Sinnox or Mckynzie, on Area 52 or just PM me! Any of us will set you up with an invite! Or if you have any questions by all means go ahead!
    • By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 6/7H Recruiting Ranged DPS and Heals for Mythic progression.
      About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids.
      What we are looking for:
      We currently have 15 raiders and we are looking to recruit more members to join our flexible raid roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids. At this moment, we are only seeking out ranged DPS (prefer lock, mage, or hunter) and healers (prefer druid or monk).
      Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are currently on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST and we use Ventrilo for our raids. We typically try out new recruits for at least a week or two to ensure that it is a good fit for both the recruit as well as our guild. Raid spots are not guaranteed due to the flexible raid roster (ie. if we only have 2 healers available, we cannot do 20man that night).
      If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Shells-Bloodscalp or Ryozul#1598. For the horde!
    • By Unbreakalbee
      [H] [US - Skywall] <Southern Hospitality> [7/7N] [0/7H]
        We're are a very close guild, the core has been raiding together for a while now. First name basis around here  We cleared normal Emerald Nightmare last Monday as a full guild group. Staring out Heroic Progression. Starts next Wednesday During the week we run our mythic plus runs for quick and easy gear.   Looking to recruit Dps - ranged or melee (were even right now) 1 Healer ( always could use more)    Raid times  Wednesdays 8-10:30 est pm Monday 8-10:30 est pm Saturday normal ALT raid    Requirements  Flasks Food Runes Curse voice Vocal Be 15min early to raid start Boss mods   Any questions don't hesitate to message me    nightgunner#1901
    • By Celarri
      Guild Name:  Kindred
      Faction: Alliance

Raid Times: Friday & Saturday 9:00pm - 12:00am CT
      Current Progression: 6/7 Heroic Emerald Nightmare

Openings: Rogue, Arms/Fury Warrior, Balance Druid

In game contacts: Luna, Illitick, Werlockholmes, and Fidempse
      Many of us have been raiding and playing games together for years. We are serious about getting bosses down, but we are also a community of friends.