Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need In depth help with my Survival Hunter

5 posts in this topic

Hello everybody :)

I've being playing with my survival hunter for a while now and I'm always pushing over 110k at least without burst.

Thing is, i know theres more i can push my hunter to so that i can do a lot more damage than I can atm. The one new thing that i started is tracking my procs and trying to send out my dots like serpent sting when those procs are active. I do receive an increase in dps by about 15k but i know i can do more.

Which leads to my question. Is there any way in which You guys/girls can help me do this or anybody you can direct me to? I am willing to go as advance as i possibly can to try achieve this as well.

Heres a link to my character:

PS. My hit cap is a little high which is probably causing a problem with my dps but I'm stuck with it until i get new legs from flex or normals :(

Your hit's indeed a little high, but that's mainly a function of getting an unlucky combo of gear. In some cases, you might be able to gem agility instead of expertise, and reforge to expertise to compensate. Might give you a minor dps boost.

Furthermore, when you're saying "without burst", what exactly do you mean? Over the course of a 5-8 minute fight? Without using CD's? Or are the numbers you mention from dummy testing? It's hard for us to judge where you can improve without knowing how you play, so the best next step might be to show us some logs. If you don't have any, go into an LFR or Flex, and upload to WoL afterwards. 

Good luck

Hey profsparkles, thanks for the reply! :)

I was testing it from a dummy. I want to uplload my logs from the last fight ive done against Galakras but i cant seem to. (never uploaded a log before). I will let you know when i am able to :)

Galakras would probably not be ideal as a baseline measurement because of the heavy aoe, and the difference your role makes (tower duty or not). Something like Sha of Pride would give an easier read on your single-target rotation. However, feel free to include any fights you want specific advice on.

As for logging, I usually use Loggerhead to make it easier. Then register a worldoflogs account and follow their instructions. You could also upload a 5 min Raider's Training dummy log to test. If you need specific help with this part, just send me a pm.

My suggestions: replace your 2 jagged wild jades and your perfect glinting roguestones to pure agility gems. You are over hit cap and agi gives 2 points of crit.

An addon like JSHB hunter bar will help you keep track of cd's, duration, and focus. Make sure you keep black arrow up every time it is off cd. When lock and load procs keep applying explosive shot as the dot itself will continue to stack in damage. You no longer have to weave arcane shots in between your lock and load explosive shots.

Also, try to get your hands on an Assurance of Consequence. It lowers the cd of Black Arrow, Rapid Fire, and Stampede which makes it a huge dps increase.

1 person likes this