FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tarazet

Strategy for gearing up Resto Shaman

Howdy,

I've mained a Guardian Druid for most of this xpac, but I'm a little burned out on tanking and so I'm taking a break from it. I decided that out of my many alts, the one I enjoy the most and have the most potential to be good at is my Resto Shaman. I started farming JP by healing dungeons and focused on slots that have no Timeless Isle drops (cloak, rings) or only one (trinket), as well as hitting the valor cap.

Once I've got those covered, will it be best to respec Ele and hit the Timeless Isle to try to get that trinket and pick up a Timeless piece along the way, or would I be served better by continuing to farm dungeons to get JP gear with gem slots and valor for the 522 pieces, if my goal is to get geared up for SoO flex/LFR?

What about farming coins on my bear and then buying timeless caches to send to the shaman?

Edited by Tarazet

I'd farm coins on the bear and send across caches. Remember that the epic tokens (I think) are bind to account as well. You should get yourself geared up really fast like that.

Farming instances depends on your queue times. I'd say that if you have free time and you want to heal, sign up for a random lower tier LFR since that could drop upgrades or trinkets (which are hardest to get hold of).

I'd say speccing Ele would be a waste of time, probably.

• Like 1

The queue times are pretty quick, and I was even getting satchels for queueing for the T14 raids as a healer. Then, the dungeon queues are anywhere from instant to 5 minutes. I suppose the biggest question is whether the 535 Timeless healer trinket is worth the sheer amount of time it would take to get it, and if I would be likely to get random drops that would make up for spending all 50k coins on the trinket instead of caches.

Edited by Tarazet

The best argument in favor of speccing into elemental and going to the Isle would be the random chance at getting a Burden of Eternity drop, which is not BoA. Also, you are guaranteed at least one Burden by opening the Blazing chest. Of course to get there, you could do it as Resto too.

If you get enough Timeless + JP/Valor gear, you can do ToT LFRs and those drops should be better than the 496 timeless stuff

• Like 1

I wound up getting my legendary cloak, then farming on my bear for a while. Then I repeated the inital questline on my shaman (without respec), and between them ended up with 3 new pieces of 496 mail for a night's work. Not bad at all.

Sounds good! ToT LFR will probably provide better trinkets (and faster) than the Timeless one. The timeless one is mediocre.