FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eddie

Inhale/Exhale not actually copying?

So I noticed something odd with my Affdots today while taking on multiple pieces of trash in my garden. I copied over the first dots I cast, before my procs were rolling. several procs went off during the time between inhaling and exhaling to the other target, when I exhaled, it showed the dots as being 100% strength on that target for the procs I had rolling. when I tabbed over to the previous target, it showed that my dots were significantly weaker than my current procs, despite being the afflictions I just copied over. Is Inhale/Exhale not actually copying disease strength, and instead just copying duration left?

So I noticed something odd with my Affdots today while taking on multiple pieces of trash in my garden. I copied over the first dots I cast, before my procs were rolling. several procs went off during the time between inhaling and exhaling to the other target, when I exhaled, it showed the dots as being 100% strength on that target for the procs I had rolling. when I tabbed over to the previous target, it showed that my dots were significantly weaker than my current procs, despite being the afflictions I just copied over. Is Inhale/Exhale not actually copying disease strength, and instead just copying duration left?

Affdots bugs on SS seems the best way around that is to use the focus option on the addon

This is a problem with Affdots and how they coded it to track your dots. Basically "Do math to estimate current power. Save estimated power level upon application of dots. After application, do math on current buffs and compare to previously applied dots' power. Make color code showing the difference." It's not able to handle the new Soul Swap mechanic yet. They need to have multiple varaibles so that their programming can be "recall power level from this target's dots, save for this other target" (Edit: it would also have to track Soul Swap usage to add duration to copied dots as the old targets are ticking down as you hang onto the Inhale swapping targets). Someday soon, I bet.

Pretty sure they had their hands full with Spriests that they haven't gotten around to it.

You will need to focus your first target as that will be the only one with accurate dot power tracking. When you need to refresh the dots on your main target, the off targets are due to fall off as well. Reapply and spread them again.

Edited by Rakupenda

Might not be a problem with affdots but how Inhale/Exhale is working.

If I'm not mistaken, what you've described goes as follows:

1) Dots applied to primary target

2) Inhale/Exhale to secondary target

3) PROCS!

4) Inhale/Exhale to tertiary/quaternary/can't think of any other ary targets

5) Why aren't the dots buffed?

Inhale/Exhale is inheriting the initial power of the dot application to primary target, which means it's not benefiting from the procs unless you reapply and then Inhale/Exhale those dots to other targets.

Then again I could be reading the original post incorrectly. No idea.

You copied the original strength dots -- procs will not affect them, even in the order you described. You'd need to re-apply then inhale/exhale.

You copied the original strength dots -- procs will not affect them, even in the order you described. You'd need to re-apply then inhale/exhale.

Hence why Affdots is the thing that's broken because it is showing that they are empowered when they are not.

Pretty sure they had their hands full with Spriests that they haven't gotten around to it.

Hence why Affdots is the thing that's broken because it is showing that they are empowered when they are not.

Mmmmm those terrible spriests who could have just rolled lock, done more damage, provided an extra gateway, eased the burden on healers by being so sturdy and shoot green fire all over the place. OBVIOUSLY the addon originally designed for warlocks needs to be tweaked constantly for them.

(If you haven't guessed, I am of the opinion Blizz should delete spriest and offer them free service to transfer level/gear to a superior warlock).

eddie: if you're saying: apply dots, inhale, PROCS!, exhale, why are my dots not empowered? then its because you needed to snapshot those procs onto your original inhale target before actually inhaling. if you're insinuating: apply dots, PROCS!, snapshot dots on primary target, inhale, exhale to mobs, why isnt affdots showing the correct power, its because affdots does not have the capacity to track empowerment on inhale/exhale. for example, on protectors we begin on rook. i sb/ss to apply dots, mg to get procs rolling, sb/ss again to snapshot said procs, and then inhale/exhale to spread herpes. when i exhale onto new targets the empowerment displays as 100, which is completely wrong as most of my procs have ticked off by this point. it should read....shit...20? the program does not have the capacity to backtrack the original empowerment as this would take, like, at least 5 minutes of programming to apply. just make sure the target you're inhaling FROM has empowered dots and then inhale off of that target to spread around the arena. if you're just applying dots and immediately inhaling, without snapshotting the procs off the pull then you're simply spreading completely unempowered dots around.