Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grumbachr

Grum's Frustration

2 posts in this topic

I'm going to keep this short (or try to) but maybe by the end of my rant some of you might have some friendly advice.  I'm hoping for a little or I wouldn't be posting here. 

It has now been a little of a year since I started playing WoW (feels way longer than that) and I think I've identified my two biggest frustration.

First one being, doing everything solo, and having a feeling like I'm going to be stuck where I'm at forever.  It would be easy to try and guild hop, but I feel attached to my guild for two main reasons,  I've been given GM duties while the original GM handles some personal issues.  Oddly enough I'm also member with the highest guild activity points,counts for nothing I know, but reenforces my sense of loyalty to the guild.  The people in the guild are nice, sharing, friendly, there is no drama but there also really nothing happening. It would be a challenge to even get 5 us on at the same time, let alone 10 or 25.  Raiding is really where I want to be but I either try and build a raiding team in my guild or jump ship to another.  Building in my guild seems like a daunting challenge as it would take a long time. I would more than likely have to get 7+ people to for a solid raid group. 

My other frustration is a bit abstract in my head but is more to do with the WoW community than anything else. I hope it's not just me but I pick up on a general vibe in the game where people can either be lumped into two categories,  f'n newbie or elitist jerk.  I'd like to think I fall somewhere in the middle, I'm good, know 90% of what I should be doing.  I know I could improve (maybe a lot of improvement). I know some of it's my personality but this is making it a challenge to make any in game connections that might be willing to help me out some. Give me a push to take  my game to the next level.

To improve my play I could read all the website but have you seen all the information thats out there. Just look at the first post in Icy Veins "5.4 Demonology Tips and Quirks"  it massive and trying to digest all that is quiet a challenge let alone all the other info available.  It would be great to just have a few people to say "hey dumb-ass ) you're doing it wrong, try this....." (in a friendly way), but that still doesn't get me any closer to raiding. 

So in short I'm stuck in a guild going no where and I struggling to build a support group around me to make the game more accessible and fun.  Any suggestions or advice.  

Grumbachr 

(aka Tony)

[ aka dumb-ass] 

P.S. Sorry about the awful grammar.  

I'll pass along to you the most sagely advice I have been given "You can make friends or you can try to be the best."

Obviously it isn't completely black and white, but the point is you are going to meet people who you want to be around just because they are fun people to play the game with, and you will meet people who are going to help you get somewhere, and often they won't be the same types of people. I've been in many different guilds and situations before, I've been in nearly dead guilds with real life friends that rarely ever got a raid together. I've been in server first level progression guilds where raiding was like a job, and the other raiders like co-workers. and I've found guilds somewhere in the middle where I have fun with my guild mates, and the progression isn't top notch, but it's enough to keep me satisfied.

The question is, which is most important to you? You say there aren't very many people in your guild and they're rarely active. Would you still stay in contact with those people if you added them as real id friends and joined another guild? And are you willing to try something new and find a new guild? It may take some searching and you may have to give a few guilds a trial run, but I'm sure there's a guild out there where you can make some new friends and also start killing some bosses.

Also remember: It's just a game, and it's your $15/mo. Do whatever is going to make the game fun for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ergunk
      Stinki Monki Finger (SMF) is currently the longest standing guild on Hellscream EU. Formed on 28th April 2005 SMF have been around to see all of Vanilla, Burning Crusade, Wrath, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD & now time for Legion.

Stinki Monki Finger is currently searching for:
      Resto Druid/Mistweaver Monk
      Warlock/Mage/Shadow priest dps

Strong applications from all classes/roles will also be considered. This means Melee aswell, so dont be afraid to drop by! :)

We require you to have previous experience at raiding Heroic or Mythic mode content and be available for atleast 2-3 raids per week.

Current progress
      7/7 N, 7/7 HC, 5/7 M, ToV 2/3 HC.

Main raid schedule:
      Wednesday 20:00-23:00
      Sunday 20:00-23:00
      Monday 20:00-23:00

We are also organising Mythic dungeons outside of raid times and there is a possibility of an Alt Raid.

We have been a guild since Vanilla and known each other for over 10 years. Our goal is to always aim for the highest difficulty while raiding in a relaxed atmosphere. We keep in contact with each other through various games and you will definitely feel the guilds comradeship when playing with us.

If you have any questions feel free to contact Finesse or Ergunk#2122 for a chat.

Kind regards,
      Ergunk
      http://stinkimonkifinger.co.uk
    • By Mungu
      Hey there, and thanks for checking in!
      ----------------------------------------------
      Tempted has been around for a good couple of years, having our ups and downs as the years went on. We've always been a Casual Social Raiding guild, but we do like progression.
      We mostly focus on the PvE aspects of the game as a guild, but at times some of us find enjoyment in what PvP has to offer too.
      When it comes to raiding, we keep it cool, the jokes keep flowing and we have a great time! It's never going to be a shouting match or raging during raids.
      Tempted is recruiting to allow us to expand on our current raid group and progression. Currently we are mainly looking at Ranged/Melee DPS and a healer (Shaman/Paladin) to expand on our main group.
      That doesn't mean we won't be accepting anything other than the mentioned roles. If you think you'll fit in, let me/us know!
      Tempted is also not a parental guidance guild, we are all adults and the chat can sometimes reflect that, but the guild atmosphere is always great!
      Being Social and helpful is another great aspect that we offer, as guild chat and Discord is always going!
      Raid days/times:
      * Wednesday
      * Friday
      * Sunday
      7:45 pm - 11:00 pm (server time)
      Thanks for taking the time to read this, hope to see you soon in our guild!
      ~ Mungu
      Officer of <Tempted>
    • By joat
      Crucial Taunt is a community-oriented Horde guild on the US-Mug'thol server (connected realm with Akama & Dragonmaw) that is seeking mature and positive raiders looking for a long-term home. We're seeking adults who have a passion for the game and enjoy exploring all types of content within a fun and vibrant atmosphere.
      About Us
      Lead by a Los Angeles based husband & wife team that previously had been progression raiding back through WOTLK. After Wrath we took a break for life stuff, but late into Draenor we transferred to Mug'thol and started anew, building a guild that reflects our values of putting fun and community first in all aspects of the game.
      Raiding
      Our progression raid team meets two nights a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30pm to 11:30pm PT (pacific is also server time).  Any experience level is welcome as long as you're willing to learn, grow, and progress with the team. If we had to describe our raid style it would be "positively determined." We don't tolerate hardcore drama while we aim to consistently improve, give our best effort, and down new content. We're looking for players who are going to log on more than twice a week for raid, who believe a social environment is an important and critical part of the success of a guild. We also expect our raiders to match the collective effort of the team, understanding their class and role, their gear requirements, and putting themselves in the best position to contribute meaningfully each and every week.
      We are currently 3/7M Emerald Nightmare and 3/3N Trial of Valor.
      We are recruiting only the following class/specs for our Legion Raid Team:
      Hunter: Survival Mage: Frost Monk: Windwalker Priest: Discipline & Holy Shaman: Enhancement & Elemental Warlock: Affliction More than Raiding
      We are looking for players who want to find a spirited, mature, fun atmosphere whenever they log into WoW. Outside of raid times our raiders are constantly into other adventures. PVP and battlegrounds? Great. Mount, toy, pet collecting? Sure. Leveling, questing, altoholics? Awesome. No matter how you like to play WoW we're with you.
      The Details
      Guild founders and co-GMs are Druishbanker-Mug'thol (bnet joat#1832) and Lambkill-Mug'thol (bnet lambkill#1856).
      We have a guild website where you can learn more about us and show your interest in joining at Crucial-Taunt.com.
      We have a Discord server for chat/voice communication.
      Please reach out to us in game, in bnet, or on our website forums if you have any questions or are interested in joining.
    • By yargz
      [US-H-Skullcrusher/Black Dragonflight/Gul'dan] <Modest Power> 7/7 H EN 2/3 H ToV Rrecruiting ranged DPS and a healer. We raid Tuesday 8-11:30pm and Wednesday 8-11pm Eastern.
      We are a smaller relaxed group of progression raiders that want to start working on killing some mythic bosses. We currently float around 15 raiders and are looking to add to our core for mythics. If you like the smaller guild setting, and a relaxed progression style we would be a great fit for you. Would need to be on our server or to transfer here.
      Our logs if you are interested: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/19547
      If you are interested, send me a message on here or on b-net @ HazeDust#1294
    • By Athlios
      Guild Information:
      Guild name: Order of the Silverflame
      Faction: Horde
      Realm: Draenor (EU)
      Realm Type: Normal - PVE
      Level: 25
      Current progress: EN 7/7 HC, EN 3/7 M, ToV 1/3 HC
      Raid days: Wednesday, Sunday, Monday
      Raid times: 20.00-23.00 CET
      (Full application details on website)
      Recruiting for Heroic and Mythic Raiding:
      High:
      Hunter Ranged Mage Priest Shadow Warrior Fury/Arms Medium:
      Druid Feral Hunter Survival Monk Mistweaver Paladin Retribution Low:
      Shaman Elemental  
      Recruiting for Heroic and Mythic Raiding:
      High:
      Any role We are interested in more classes, but these are our missing spots at the moment.
      Order of the Silverflame has been about since vanilla although we had a bit of a break in Burning Crusade. We’re a 30-man raiding guild and we plan to remain that way.
      We are a friendly group who enjoy World of Warcraft and enjoy raiding. We have fun and joke around but when bosses need to go down then all is serious! We expect members of the guild to enjoy the game as much as we do and to take part in raids and maintain a 70-85% attendance per month.
      There are a few things, we highly value above everything else: friendliness and politeness towards guildies and other players and skillfulness when it comes to the more serious parts of the game.
      Currently –
      We raid 3 nights a week, Wednesdays, Sundays and Mondays, from 20:00 till 23:00 server time.
      We also run optional runs on Fridays when needed. (usually on heroic mode)
      Saturday is left for older content runs for fun and drinking!
      Although we are a 30-man guild, we usually run an extra group, to get the most people raiding, help newer raiders learn the Silverflame’s way to down bosses and gearing up. Usually, these runs happen on Thursdays.
      Our current progress is 7/7 in Emerald Nightmare in Heroic Mode and 3/7 in Mythic Mode.
      If you're interested in joining Order of the Silverflame, please fill in our application form, located at http://forum.silverflame.org/index.php/board,2.0.html , whisper Athlioss@Draenor or add my battletag Athlios#2283.
      PS. We're always positive to group applications or guild merging discussions.
      Also we're open to social applications and for Legion raiders' applications.
      Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/athlios & http://www.twitch.tv/tyrygoosha