Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Grum's Frustration

2 posts in this topic

I'm going to keep this short (or try to) but maybe by the end of my rant some of you might have some friendly advice.  I'm hoping for a little or I wouldn't be posting here. 

It has now been a little of a year since I started playing WoW (feels way longer than that) and I think I've identified my two biggest frustration.

First one being, doing everything solo, and having a feeling like I'm going to be stuck where I'm at forever.  It would be easy to try and guild hop, but I feel attached to my guild for two main reasons,  I've been given GM duties while the original GM handles some personal issues.  Oddly enough I'm also member with the highest guild activity points,counts for nothing I know, but reenforces my sense of loyalty to the guild.  The people in the guild are nice, sharing, friendly, there is no drama but there also really nothing happening. It would be a challenge to even get 5 us on at the same time, let alone 10 or 25.  Raiding is really where I want to be but I either try and build a raiding team in my guild or jump ship to another.  Building in my guild seems like a daunting challenge as it would take a long time. I would more than likely have to get 7+ people to for a solid raid group. 

My other frustration is a bit abstract in my head but is more to do with the WoW community than anything else. I hope it's not just me but I pick up on a general vibe in the game where people can either be lumped into two categories,  f'n newbie or elitist jerk.  I'd like to think I fall somewhere in the middle, I'm good, know 90% of what I should be doing.  I know I could improve (maybe a lot of improvement). I know some of it's my personality but this is making it a challenge to make any in game connections that might be willing to help me out some. Give me a push to take  my game to the next level.

To improve my play I could read all the website but have you seen all the information thats out there. Just look at the first post in Icy Veins "5.4 Demonology Tips and Quirks"  it massive and trying to digest all that is quiet a challenge let alone all the other info available.  It would be great to just have a few people to say "hey dumb-ass ) you're doing it wrong, try this....." (in a friendly way), but that still doesn't get me any closer to raiding. 

So in short I'm stuck in a guild going no where and I struggling to build a support group around me to make the game more accessible and fun.  Any suggestions or advice.  

(aka Tony)

[ aka dumb-ass] 

P.S. Sorry about the awful grammar.  

I'll pass along to you the most sagely advice I have been given "You can make friends or you can try to be the best."

Obviously it isn't completely black and white, but the point is you are going to meet people who you want to be around just because they are fun people to play the game with, and you will meet people who are going to help you get somewhere, and often they won't be the same types of people. I've been in many different guilds and situations before, I've been in nearly dead guilds with real life friends that rarely ever got a raid together. I've been in server first level progression guilds where raiding was like a job, and the other raiders like co-workers. and I've found guilds somewhere in the middle where I have fun with my guild mates, and the progression isn't top notch, but it's enough to keep me satisfied.

The question is, which is most important to you? You say there aren't very many people in your guild and they're rarely active. Would you still stay in contact with those people if you added them as real id friends and joined another guild? And are you willing to try something new and find a new guild? It may take some searching and you may have to give a few guilds a trial run, but I'm sure there's a guild out there where you can make some new friends and also start killing some bosses.

Also remember: It's just a game, and it's your $15/mo. Do whatever is going to make the game fun for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Galadrie
      Realm - Azjol-Nerub/Khaz Modan
      Faction - Alliance
      About me
      I am a first time GM looking to put together a community of players. 
      Guild Information
      As previously stated, we're looking to create a community of players and put together a raid team. We're looking for members of all kinds from new players to those that are raid ready. 
      Raid Times - Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 8:30-11:30 EST
      Once we get enough members, these are the days and times raiding will happen.
      Expectations - We want active players who will contribute to our community. As we recruit more people we will begin to plan non-raid events in order to build our community relationships and have fun.
      All Melee DPS - HIGH
      All Ranged DPS - HIGH
      All Healers - HIGH
      Tanks - 1 or 2, preferably with an offspec.
      How to Apply
      You can shoot me a whisper or mail in game or join our discord server [] and comment in our guild chat section.
    • By Kirs
      Who is HTG? We are a competitive raiding guild looking to get our act together for the next tier of raiding content. We are looking for any and all exceptional players to fill our roster so if your class isn't something that we're necessarily looking for but you think you can outperform our current members then there may be a slot for you!
      Raid Schedule -
      Tuesday - 8pm - Midnight
      Thursday - 8pm - Midnight
      Sunday 8pm - Midnight 
      Class Specific Needs -
      Shadow Priest
      Arms Warrior
      Any strong Flex player preferably Ele/Resto Shaman
      If you have any questions you can leave a comment on the forum here or contact me in game.  Xnd#1736 or Kirs-Arthas
    • By Pandapun
      Hello fellow raiders of Silvermoon! <Adapt> are a new guild formed from a group of guys with mythic experience looking to have some fun but do some progress while were at it. If you are like us and want to be in a successful mythic level raiding guild and beat raids prior to new tiers then we are the guild for you!
      We raid Tuesdays & Thursdays 19:30-11:00 ST. We will also be raiding Sundays at the same time some weeks when we are doing mythic progress!
      High priority- All Paladins, Warlocks, Mages, Guardian Druid.
      Medium- All DPS
      Low- tanks&healers
      If your class isn't listed and you feel you are an "Exceptional Player" make sure to apply regardless!
      If you feel like you want to come and join us and you meet some of the stuff we listed above, make sure to come and apply now @
    • By joat
      Crucial Taunt is a community-oriented Horde guild on the US-Mug'thol server (connected realm with Akama & Dragonmaw) that is seeking mature and positive raiders looking for a long-term home. We're seeking adults who have a passion for the game and enjoy exploring all types of content within a fun and vibrant atmosphere.
      About Us
      Lead by a Los Angeles based husband & wife team that previously had been progression raiding back through WOTLK. After Wrath we took a break for life stuff, but late into Draenor we transferred to Mug'thol and started anew, building a guild that reflects our values of putting fun and community first in all aspects of the game.
      Our progression raid team meets two nights a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30pm to 11:30pm PT (pacific is also server time).  Any experience level is welcome as long as you're willing to learn, grow, and progress with the team. If we had to describe our raid style it would be "positively determined." We don't tolerate hardcore drama while we aim to consistently improve, give our best effort, and down new content. We're looking for players who are going to log on more than twice a week for raid, who believe a social environment is an important and critical part of the success of a guild. We also expect our raiders to match the collective effort of the team, understanding their class and role, their gear requirements, and putting themselves in the best position to contribute meaningfully each and every week.
      We are currently 7/7 Heroic Emerald Nightmare and beginning Mythic progression.
      We are recruiting only the following class/specs for our Legion Raid Team:
      Hunter: Survival Mage: Frost Monk: Windwalker Paladin: Retribution Priest: Holy Shaman: Elemental Warlock: Affliction More than Raiding
      We are looking for players who want to find a spirited, mature, fun atmosphere whenever they log into WoW. Outside of raid times our raiders are constantly into other adventures. PVP and battlegrounds? Great. Mount, toy, pet collecting? Sure. Leveling, questing, altoholics? Awesome. No matter how you like to play WoW we're with you.
      The Details
      Guild founders and co-GMs are Druishbanker-Mug'thol (bnet joat#1832) and Lambkill-Mug'thol (bnet lambkill#1856).
      We have a guild website where you can learn more about us and show your interest in joining at
      We have a Discord server for chat/voice communication.
      Please reach out to us in game, in bnet, or on our website forums if you have any questions or are interested in joining.
    • By Sappora
      H-Bleeding Hollow

Methodical is a Horde guild on the realm Bleeding Hollow we are currently in the process of rebuilding our raid core, and are in need of players to replace some trials that were cut. We are recruiting ALL exceptional players new, or returning, for moving towards mythics. We are seeking smart players who know how to play their class well and have no problem learning new mechanics quickly.

Raid Progression: 1/7 M EN
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)

About us:
      We are comprised of long term raiders who have raided multiple expansions at a high level.
      Most of us have played together for many years.
      We try to be on a first name basis with our raiders.
      We raid to have fun with our friends but also to push progression.
      Semi-Hardcore raiding guild whose goal is to get Cutting Edge each tier.

Who we are looking for:
      People who get excited about raiding every raid night.
      People we can rely on (attendance,effort,communication,dedication).
      People who who are looking for a fun raiding environment.
      People who understand what progression is all about.
      People who engage in the guild (socially, and as an integral part of the team).

We are currently looking for non-leather RDPS.

Requirements from you:
      Be able to make our times with 90% attendance (we understand certain real life situations occasionally come up)
      Know your class to the best of your ability and be able to take criticism from other players on how to improve your class. Also go through logs and see what you are doing wrong so you can play at your full potential.
      Execute mechanics in a logical sense. You do no DPS/HPS while you're dead. Standing in fire does not give you buffs.

If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and the general vibe of raids. 

Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)