FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Calol

Can someone take a look at my logs and give me some advice?

Hello IV I have been coming here for class guides for a while and never noticed the forums, I just finished my guild's flex for the night and was hoping someone could look over the logs before our actual 25man tomorrow. This is a link to our IJ kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nravkhiad2zihsi7/sum/damageDone/?s=3565&e=3832 I ended up with 210k which seems a little on the low side for 548. Though I am missing the cloak which will account for a noticable chunk. Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Calol/simple The first two bosses I was afflic. The only thing that changes between the specs for me is reforging for haste which gives me 10342 haste and 12957 Mastery 

Hey Dan. Just did a quick look over your logs and it seems like you didn't cast Shadowburn at all. Below 20% this is your go to spell. Also, with your cloak you're damage is going to go waaaay up.

Other than getting your Immo up to 99% (from 97%) I would say just make sure you use CB on powerful int procs. Seems like you're doing things right without a deeper look into empowered spells.

I keep hearing to use SB during execute and and I've wracked my brain trying to figure out why. I understand an instant cast vs a 2.5 cast time, are you just supposed to spam it or wait until the dot expires? And yeah I do generally cast CB when I get my procs when I can. I'd say at least 30-40% are used without procs due to capping embers.

What Dot are you referring to?

You can spam Shadowburn as much as you have Embers, but just like CB you best wait until you get  Procs.

SB is like CB - the difference is that SB is an instant cast.

As soon as boss hits 20%

- use SB with strong trinket procs

- dont cap embers

- if boss is about to die just spam SB so that you end the fight with 0 embers

I keep hearing to use SB during execute and and I've wracked my brain trying to figure out why. I understand an instant cast vs a 2.5 cast time, are you just supposed to spam it or wait until the dot expires? And yeah I do generally cast CB when I get my procs when I can. I'd say at least 30-40% are used without procs due to capping embers.

It does more damage per time spent executing, otherwise known as DPET (Damage Per Execute Time).  It also allows you to move and continue your onslaught.  The DoT is irrelevant.  It returns 15% mana, but you should never be low on mana anyways.  Treat it exactly like Chaos Bolt...use with procs.

Much appreciated I'll throw SB into the mix during execute and see how that works out. Thank you.

Don't forget the BoH-SB cleave, too. Decent way to nuke new adds if the boss is <20%

I'm not new to warlock or anything, but what are you referring to with BoH if not Breath of the Hydra?

He's using the old term "Bane of Havoc" instead of just Havoc. 

Ah the good "old" bane days...I still call Agony "Curse of Agony" as well. Not Doom...doom has always been doom for me. Since our first experience with Havoc was when it was called "Bane of Havoc" I guess it stuck.

Edited by Rakupenda

I remember when Curse of the Elements was only for nature/frost/fire damage and we also had Curse of Shadows. Back in the days when Curse of Exhaustion was an Affliction talent you had to take. Back in the days when Curse of Doom was a spell you threw up and didn't go off for a minute and had the chance to spawn a Doomguard if it killed something. Back when Infernals had to be re-enslaved every so often. Back when summoning a Doomguard required 4 assistants, one of whom was randomly sacrificed, and had to be enslaved upon summoning but could three shot you.

Edit: I forgot about Curse of Tongues and the good old days when you could put CoT on someone in a BG and they lost all ability to communicate to their teammates since it made them speak in Demonic and no players speak Demonic.

Edited by Kazistrasza

I remember some of that. A lock was my first toon in vanilla but didn't like the playstyle so went warrior. Didn't level this lock until I came back to end the last week of 5.2

I remember when Curse of the Elements was only for nature/frost/fire damage and we also had Curse of Shadows. Back in the days when Curse of Exhaustion was an Affliction talent you had to take. Back in the days when Curse of Doom was a spell you threw up and didn't go off for a minute and had the chance to spawn a Doomguard if it killed something. Back when Infernals had to be re-enslaved every so often. Back when summoning a Doomguard required 4 assistants, one of whom was randomly sacrificed, and had to be enslaved upon summoning but could three shot you.

Edit: I forgot about Curse of Tongues and the good old days when you could put CoT on someone in a BG and they lost all ability to communicate to their teammates since it made them speak in Demonic and no players speak Demonic.

You still have to be Affliction to get CoEx. I miss it's huge range. What? You're running away? Hahaha, not so fast!

Doom spawned Doomguard if it dealt the killing blow. Ah...the sacrificial roulette! Did they eventually make it automatically enslave because I don't remember having to cast enslave demon.

We still have Curse of Tongues, kinda. It got combined with Curse of Weakness and called Curse of Enfeeblement now.

If I recall agony was treated along the same lines as elements/exhaustion wasn't it

And Doom, and weakness. They changed the two damage dealing ones to "Bane of ____" so that locks could supply the curse debuffs if needed. (Before they standardized it so every raid buff/debuff could be supplied by multiple classes).

Since this has already gone completely off topic I am curious how bad is demo now? If you ask the wow forums you'd think the sky is falling if you play the spec. I'm only doing about 190k witg affliction but I'm getting burnt out on destro at the moment

Burnt out on Destro?  I C WUT U BE DOIN' DERE!

Demo isn't bad, it's my offspec currently.  It just requires more gear to play catch up after the impact from the nerfs to Wild Imps and UVLS.  As far as single-target, I can't overwhelmingly say there, but persistent multi-Doom fights still shine pretty well for them.  Dark Shaman is a good fight for them.  I'm sure Protectors would be a good fight as well, but I haven't been able to pull it off in my current gear.  I actually did more as Destruction on that fight (so much to Havoc/SB).

What trinkets are you rolling with?  That's a big factor.

Then give it a go.  The biggest thing is making sure you've always got the most powerful Dooms rolling on your targets as possible.  On a multi-target fight, Doom is often my highest source of damage.  Weaving in Soulfires rather than unloading them all at once is big as well, and something I need to seriously work on.  This is assuming you've got the 2-piece to make sure you've got the highest uptime you can manage on Fiery Wrath.

KTT is lame for Demo.  Better off using BBoY (if available, of course).  KTT can't proc off of Imps, Fel/Wrathguard, and other pets.

KTT is lame for Demo.  Better off using BBoY (if available, of course).  KTT can't proc off of Imps, Fel/Wrathguard, and other pets.

But it can proc off Doom, your hardest hitter.  Crit/Haste don't increase your pet damage much either, but it doesn't stop people from equipping Breath as Demonology.  The INT proc on KTT is still fantastic.  In fact, now more than ever, most of the damage done from Demonologists rests with the Warlock themselves, rather than pets.  Holy commas batman.

Hell, with the uptime you're running Zagam you should be saying every spec should have KTT, haha.  Snapshotting made easy.