FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Zagam's Fixing your DPS FAQ!

It's a small screen shot, but it's one I had on my photobucket account.

http://imgur.com/0ng6P4a

The 100 you see in that picture is my baseline. If a trinket pops, a drink a potion, or anything to effect my int this number goes up. I will look up the feature name when I get home.

That 100 is your target's health %.  I checked it last night on my screen just to make sure.  I switched between targeting raid members after a wipe and that number matched everyone's health %.  I think AffDots has it there to help you know when you are in execute range, in case you don't use %s on your unit/boss/raid frames.

That 100 is your target's health %.  I checked it last night on my screen just to make sure.  I switched between targeting raid members after a wipe and that number matched everyone's health %.  I think AffDots has it there to help you know when you are in execute range, in case you don't use %s on your unit/boss/raid frames.

Nope, you're wrong.

Check 'burst' in Affdots settings.

Anyway, I'd use weakauras over that, CB casts are too damn long, so you have to know how many seconds of your procs remain.

Edited by Ilion

100 on Affdots means your dots are as powerful as when you applied them. Anything more than 100 means you have some int/haste/crit/mastery procs active which make your dots more powerful if reapplied (at which time the number would go back to 100). When the procs fall off your Affdots will go below 100. Anything less than 100 means you HAD procs when you applied them that are not present anymore and/or your current procs are not as powerful as when they were applied.

This bugs out with Soul Swap (maybe where you saw the consistent 100?). Affdots currently treats Soul Swap as if you're applying your dots at your current power level (not copy+pasting them from your previous target), so it will always display as 100 on your exhale target, even though your dots may be stronger/weaker on your previous target. Affdots is the "broken" thing, not your dots.

100 on Affdots means your dots are as powerful as when you applied them. Anything more than 100 means you have some int/haste/crit/mastery procs active which make your dots more powerful if reapplied (at which time the number would go back to 100). When the procs fall off your Affdots will go below 100. Anything less than 100 means you HAD procs when you applied them that are not present anymore and/or your current procs are not as powerful as when they were applied.

This bugs out with Soul Swap (maybe where you saw the consistent 100?). Affdots currently treats Soul Swap as if you're applying your dots at your current power level (not copy+pasting them from your previous target), so it will always display as 100 on your exhale target, even though your dots may be stronger/weaker on your previous target. Affdots is the "broken" thing, not your dots.

I was referring to the tiny 100 that sits on the top left of the AffDots box, that the original poster mentioned.  That is the target's health, then CoE timer to the right of it, then burst potential number pops up to the right of that, and then you have the big numbers that shows your DoT strength.  I'll try to find a screen shot...

Edit:

It won't let me post the images for some reason...so here are the links.

The first one shows the 100 that I am referring to.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy4YdC5W2is36PpBC0FFQulKnNhk1lRKQPZ4d2Uyw-ovqLy5Mu

Here is additional proof: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/wixdF32I7es/maxresdefault.jpg?feature=og

You can see the 64 matches his targets health %.

Edited by Demyndra

Guys, just check Affdots' settings-> burst, it is a little box that says how much of relative power you have right now compared to when you've got no procs/pots/short term buffs.

And you can move that little box to the top left of Affdots.

HOW TO FIX YOUR DPS LIKE A PROFESSIONAL!

13) Trinkets: PBI > BBoY > KTT > KFC Mashed Potato Bowl > FCoR

KFC Mashed Potato Bowl? Where can i find this magical device? All the KFC's have left northern California near me!!! Oh the humanity.  While it doesn't fit well into my Crossfit diet, I miss me some KFC. sadface

By the way this is a great idea Zag. i finally coined my H-PBoI this week so I can let the felguard out of the box again, so this was a great lil refresher.

Edited by Skyrge

HOW TO FIX YOUR DPS LIKE A PROFESSIONAL!

Destro

11) Trinkets: PBI > KTT > BBoY > KFC Mashed Potato Bowl > FCoR

ROFL

For immolate on other target do yu cast it one by one, or use FnB + Immolate - like on Garrosh (I know to keep RoF up in P1, but do I keep putting immolates on the adds one by one, or just use a FnB+ Immolate)

That's my rule too, generally speaking. 4 targets = F&B unless it's opening with 4 targets where you'll lose a CB off the start. With Garrosh, you're looking at like 6 adds. My opener for Garrosh starts the same as other fights, only after 2x Conflag I'm throwing down RoF because the adds are spawning. Once desecrate happens (I teleport out before it lands), I'm pumping out CBs into Garrosh while the other side adds get together. From there, I keep RoF going, F&B: Immo, and spam CB on Garrosh, sniping low health adds with SB for more embers.

Edited by Kazistrasza

Guys, just check Affdots' settings-> burst, it is a little box that says how much of relative power you have right now compared to when you've got no procs/pots/short term buffs.

And you can move that little box to the top left of Affdots.

This is very helpful for Demo/Destro.

Zag, Awesome, awesome post as always. The post has also brought on much discussion which answers many questions without us having to post them (Saving you time, saving you money, putting you first) oops "Us first"

May I ask a simple question: on a fight like "Protectors" - after applying the DOTS in the opening and then swapping them to all the Mobs, should one tab through the mobs and apply CoE. I apply it in the opening to the first mob but should I then apply it to the others?

Same again, once again, once the DoTs are spread and whilst waiting for G-S-M to drop, do I "Haunt - MG" on a single target or do I pop off a haunt on the other two mobs then go to MG on my main target?

Thanks in anticipation.

Bren - use Glyph of Curse of Elements.

When you're spreading your dots, it's SS:Inhale, SS:Exhale, Haunt, SS:Inhale, SS: Exhale, Haunt

Despite living with the famous Zagam, Shmorc's DPS fails. Partly a gear error and partly because he cannot get Havoc down for the life of him. THANK YOU for this FAQ. It is extremely helpful!

If Scmoooooorc's deeeeeps is tragedy then this guide's his remedyyyyy!

Dat song.

• Like 2

Despite living with the famous Zagam, Shmorc's DPS fails. Partly a gear error and partly because he cannot get Havoc down for the life of him. THANK YOU for this FAQ. It is extremely helpful!

did havoc finally make its way to your bars?!

So I don't know if this would help you, but I found that I was helped very much by making a WeakAura to show me when Havoc is ready. Having it pop up was a good reminder to throw it onto somebody at my next opportunity. And setting a macro to Havoc my focus (some people do it as a mouseover, but that doesn't work well for me personally) as well.

• Like 1

You should have a way to track every important CD, whether you do that with a Weak Aura or timer is up to you.

You should have a way to track every important CD, whether you do that with a Weak Aura or timer is up to you.

My warlock is my alt and I'm just getting into it now. Got my addons and all. Not knowing where havoc was was more or less a joke. Lol

You are not allowed to be a shitty Warlock.  Saturday, you will wake up at 8am and we will listen to AC/DC and Metallica while doing nothing but train you to play your Warlock.  Prepare yourself.

• Like 3

You are not allowed to be a shitty Warlock.  Saturday, you will wake up at 8am and we will listen to AC/DC and Metallica while doing nothing but train you to play your Warlock.  Prepare yourself.

Don't forget Pantera and Sodom! Oh, and eating souls for breakfast. I personally prefer Frosted Mini-Shards™.