FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Zagam's Fixing your DPS FAQ!

I'll play her my 'sad-bastard' music.  Breaking Benjamin, Sevendust, Red, etc.  She isn't a fan. 

OMG - JUST GOT THE BEST IDEA!  NICKELBACK!!!!!  If she doesn't pass my 12 point Destruction inspection, she will be forced to listen to AN ENTIRE ALBUM WITH HEADPHONES ON! 

• Like 2

You are not allowed to be a shitty Warlock.  Saturday, you will wake up at 8am and we will listen to AC/DC and Metallica while doing nothing but train you to play your Warlock.  Prepare yourself.

It's impossible being a shitty warlock after reading this FAQ, but you should add that you are not allowed to raid as a warlock if you don't like AC/DC.

OMG - JUST GOT THE BEST IDEA!  NICKELBACK!!!!!  If she doesn't pass my 12 point Destruction inspection, she will be forced to listen to AN ENTIRE ALBUM WITH HEADPHONES ON! 

no-please.jpg?w=538

• Like 1

I'll play her my 'sad-bastard' music.  Breaking Benjamin, Sevendust, Red, etc.  She isn't a fan. 

you're a sick bastard!

Should I cast Chaos Bolt whenever Havoc is up, even without DS or trinket procs?

What is the minimum requirement for a Havoc/Chaos Bolt cast?

Edited by Owewa

Should I cast SB whenever Havoc is up, even without DS or trinket procs?

What is the minimum requirement for a Havoc cast, aside from two viable targets? 

Great question. In my own play, if Im albe to havoc and get three SBs off, I do it regardless of procs (Garrosh adds in phase 1 as an example).  I don't know the math behind waiting for optimal procs to Havoc versus Hovaocing as many times as possible in a fight, and Im not totally sure there is anything to back either side of the argument.  It "seems" to be optimal to Havoc + SB cleave as many times as you can in a fight with lower hp adds regardless of procs.  

Interesting question though...

Havoc + SB use is really up to RNG.  I've had all 3 crit with procs before totaling over 9 million damage in 3 GCD's.  It's just not always going to line up that way, so if you can sneak in 3 Havoc SB's and gain an Ember I'd definitely take advantage and not wait for procs.

It depends on way too much to give a particular rule.

Is there a small window of opportunity (e.g. Desecrated Weapon at low HP)? Generally, yeah. Then again, if you're going to have a better opportunity soon, such as more adds that will be at low health, then I would wait it to get 3 SB in if possible.

Are there two permanent targets (e.g. Dark Shaman)? Maybe.

Do you have CDs coming up soon? Wait it out.

Did you recently dump your embers? I'd wait for it to build up.

I can only say this:

My lowest CB in a fight is about 825k. My best CB after the opener is about 1.5mil.

My lowest SB is about 450k non-crit, while the top non-crit is about 700k.

Doubling those lower values yields more damage than boosting them to the top number. However, the optimal choice is to do both. You have to kind of keep all of that in mind.

Chaos Bolt Damage is a bit low for you ilvl.  Make sure you are maximizing your Chaos Bolts with procs.  You have a few weird reforges where you are reforging hit into haste instead of mastery...as well as gemming for haste on some pieces instead of mastery.   The immolate haste breakpoint is not worth it if you are sacrificial mastery imo.  Get as much mastery as possible on every piece, then go haste or crit (Crit if you ask Zagam tongue.png ).  

Forgot to mention armory is out of whack. Had not had time to take care of my new helm. Thinking of trying the 0 haste build.

It would look like this

Mastery - 120.24%

Crit 29.44%

Haste 17.90%

(Current)

Mastery 116.66%

Crit 24.28%

Haste 30.02%

Edited by Twinkielock
  • Like 1

Quick question regarding 4 set destro. I know I have read a little on this topic awhile back but just now got my 4th piece. What is the best way to deal with the ember proc? Should I play as normal and use my bolts with procs or is it worth using them more often with only the proc? Thanks.

It's an advanced play to use the proc on purpose with Chaos Bolt.  If you're very competent at your Warlock, start trying to time your Chaos Bolts with trinkets so that they overlap with Ember Master.  This is one of the last things you should concern yourself with as Destruction.

Thanks for the info. That sums up what I was thinking about. I had terrible luck on getting a 4th tier and still looking for a 2nd trinket. It makes things slightly more complicated still using wushlays.  

Yep, I've been using their logs for a while.  Not perfectly used to it yet, but it's nice to see WoL have some competition.  Competition breeds innovation, so let's hope both put out baller products.

Zagam, 

Amazing guide. I got a few logs where I felt I did really good, so I'll be looking at those to see how I did. Two weeks ago a did a regular Malkorok, where I basically, didnt have to move at all and everything proc'ed at just the right time.

Update: 

Uptime on dots were 96.8%, 96.7%, 96.1% and 94.8% for CoA, CoE, UA and Corr respectively with Haunt comming in at 52.5%. Pot uptime is 50.1sec (dont know how) and Active time was 96.8%. Not Bad. Gotta work on that Haunt uptime.

• Like 1

Zagam,

as I like to play the demo spec, want to know your opinion about my gameplay

I know now you guys are all in HC progression, but i remembered that I had downloaded and wanted to record a log playing demo spec, as I am no longer in a core and stopped playing for a while, recorded in a pug

rare top dps moment, even more next to another warlock playing destro, but for the most of the guys was a alt run and i play with my main

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ckHDg1PQ2RVzwh94

Edited by lockscifer

Bring your DoT uptimes up.  I can't 100% read this because it's not in English, but it looks decent.  I don't even know what fight it is.

its blackfuse, im from Brazil and used to play in English, but decided to leave in Portuguese, I did not pay attention to language, sorry for that.
but if you do not see anything very wrong, is already good, thanks.

Read the F.A.Q. and take a look.  I spell most of your mistakes out.  Here are some from your Protectors parse:

Immolate uptime: 75%.  This is suboptimal.

You used an Infernal instead of a Doomguard.  You bypassed at least 1M damage here.  Minor, but NEVER USE AN INFERNAL.

Cleave trinket - it did a minor amount of damage during an inconsequential part of the fight.  Use ANY other trinket.

You had 4 Burning Embers a lot.  Avoid capping on Burning Embers.

Average Chaos Bolt is around 900k.  Try to snapshot better with Chaos Bolt to increase its damage.

On a good note, your Dark Soul use and Havoc use is nearly flawless.  Trinket uptime was decent.  You look full of promise.  Work on getting a new trinket, time it with CB more, and keep Immolate up.

• Like 1

Thank you!

Will you be so kind to check the wipes on IJ, because this is where I am most puzzled. I have over 90% uptime on Immolate durning non-siege phases. Also, casting CBs only when they are empowered and I am using KJC to optimize burning ember gathering.

There are no IJ logs on the log you linked.  The last parse is your Heroic Galakras kill.