FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ximacaua33

Arcane and Fire switch

Hey guys!just got back to wow and im using my mage,ive got 511 ilvl and was trying all the specs i liked arcane and fire but dont like frost,so with fire i get like 34% crit and i dont think thats much,but when should i switch to arcane or fire?

At around 40% crit rating fire is pretty smooth, you'll get enough heating up procs.

At the end-game arcane and fire performs roughly on the same level and you should play the one you enjoy more.

Especially if you aren't doing top end raiding and doing LFR/Flex as your main source of fun, I would say play what you find the most fun.  As a mage it is annoying to swap back and forth between specs, haste/frost, crit/fire, mastery/arcane.  But play what you like, it will be way more fun and you will do better dps because of it!

is frost allso good spec for endgame raiding?

If you are doing heroic raiding, no. You will probably use Arcane or Fire. Anything else, Frost works close enough to have no significant difference.

There are a couple frost mages out there performing quite well in the heroic raiding scenario.  But for all practicality, with equal skill levels the other specs will perform better in SoO.