FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tarazet

Fine-tuning my Resto Shaman

Greetings,

I've been hard at work on my Resto Shaman and I've got some nice gear for him. I'm using one particular build for most fights, and I find that while it is extraordinarily powerful when the raid is stacked and I punch over my weight in this kind of situation, it underperforms when people are spread out and I struggle with finding ways to maximize the number of targets I'm healing.

Here's the current build:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Zubeldia/advanced

In order to make it more flexible for different situations, I'm thinking of swapping out Telluric Currents for Glyph of Chaining, as Glyph of Totemic Recall already serves the purpose of boosting mana return, and swapping Totemic Persistence (which I have been using for the ability to stack Healing Stream and Healing Tide) out in favor of Call of the Elements, so that I can have 100% uptime on Healing Stream for 30 seconds.

Where I'm having trouble is figuring out what to give up for Glyph of Fire Elemental. I'd like to use it - but the glyphs for Healing Stream, Totemic Recall, and Chain Heal are all just really good.

If anyone else has pointers, I'm happy to take them. I'm using a Mastery build currently due to a lack of Crit gear.

Reforge out of mastery. You want somewhere in the ballpark of 50-55. I would put everything you can from mastery into crit or even haste. The spread out situations are great with healing stream. Use it on cd.

For spreads, you'll want to focus more on Healing Stream, so Call of the Elements and Rushing Streams are good combos like you mentioned. If you can you could try reaching the next haste breakpoint for HST. More heal. More ticks. More heal.

Glyph of Riptide can also help you with your spread healing, hotting everybody up.

• Like 1

I got a few more upgrades and now have 11.5k Spirit, which I think is probably enough even without the LMG.

I'll definitely look into hitting that second HST breakpoint (6077). It should definitely be attainable.

Some important points;

1. Telluric Currents isn't really about mana return anyway, it's not worth taking it for that and hasn't been since T13. You're probably better off without it.
  2. In 10's I use Glyph of Chain Heal as default - it's really that good! Swap out for fights like Sha of Pride, Malkorok, and Thok the Bloodthirsty.
  3. There is no precise breakpoint for healing totems. I tell this to people very often so I've put it in bold italic underlined. Due to server-side issues, the breakpoints just don't work properly. The result is that you shouldn't aim for a HST breakpoint as it simply won't always give you the extra tick. I repeat; do NOT hit a HST breakpoint and expect consistently more ticks.
  4. After ilvl 520ish you can just blitz everything into Haste, that'll help your spread healing a lot :) Before that, you can probably safely go up to a high(ish) breakpoint. Once you've got the LMG, Haste is pretty much the best stat up to ~11k Haste.
  5. Totemic Recall is OK, but it's probably better to have Glyph of Fire Elemental there instead. Pop it (using a macro) during burst phases and you'll have to spend less mana to keep people alive! You can also use Glyph of Water Shield on some fights with mostly Physical damage (like Thok, Juggernaut, Nazgrim) for extra mana.
  6. I'd advise Glyph of Riptide for many of the more spread out fights where you're not using something else specifically. I like to use it on fights with a lot of moving around like Iron Juggernaut, Immersius, Thok, Nazgrim, and Blackfuse. It's especially good on Thok because you can blanket the raid even when you can't cast spells for fear of lockout.
  7. I prefer to use Persistence over CotE, but that's down to taste. Persistence is nice for extra burst during Healing Tide Totem, and Shaman are all about burst this tier :)
  8. Rushing Streams is a blisteringly awesome talent which I use by default. I spec out of it for fights where burst rules (like Thok, Malkorok) and for Sha of Pride (I take Conductivity there).
  9. Something nobody's mentioned yet - Glyph of Healing Stream Totem. It's awesome for fights with fire damage. Think; Dark Shaman, Iron Juggernaut, Spoils, Galakras, Blackfuse, Paragons.

Hope you find that helpful! :)

• Like 1

Some important points;

1. Telluric Currents isn't really about mana return anyway, it's not worth taking it for that and hasn't been since T13. You're probably better off without it.
  2. In 10's I use Glyph of Chain Heal as default - it's really that good! Swap out for fights like Sha of Pride, Malkorok, and Thok the Bloodthirsty.
  3. There is no precise breakpoint for healing totems. I tell this to people very often so I've put it in bold italic underlined. Due to server-side issues, the breakpoints just don't work properly. The result is that you shouldn't aim for a HST breakpoint as it simply won't always give you the extra tick. I repeat; do NOT hit a HST breakpoint and expect consistently more ticks.
  4. After ilvl 520ish you can just blitz everything into Haste, that'll help your spread healing a lot smile.png Before that, you can probably safely go up to a high(ish) breakpoint. Once you've got the LMG, Haste is pretty much the best stat up to ~11k Haste.
  5. Totemic Recall is OK, but it's probably better to have Glyph of Fire Elemental there instead. Pop it (using a macro) during burst phases and you'll have to spend less mana to keep people alive! You can also use Glyph of Water Shield on some fights with mostly Physical damage (like Thok, Juggernaut, Nazgrim) for extra mana.
  6. I'd advise Glyph of Riptide for many of the more spread out fights where you're not using something else specifically. I like to use it on fights with a lot of moving around like Iron Juggernaut, Immersius, Thok, Nazgrim, and Blackfuse. It's especially good on Thok because you can blanket the raid even when you can't cast spells for fear of lockout.
  7. I prefer to use Persistence over CotE, but that's down to taste. Persistence is nice for extra burst during Healing Tide Totem, and Shaman are all about burst this tier smile.png
  8. Rushing Streams is a blisteringly awesome talent which I use by default. I spec out of it for fights where burst rules (like Thok, Malkorok) and for Sha of Pride (I take Conductivity there).
  9. Something nobody's mentioned yet - Glyph of Healing Stream Totem. It's awesome for fights with fire damage. Think; Dark Shaman, Iron Juggernaut, Spoils, Galakras, Blackfuse, Paragons.

Hope you find that helpful! smile.png

This is really GREAT advise Stoove. Im going to try this as well. <3 You're the BEST!

Quoting Stoove: "After ilvl 520ish you can just blitz everything into Haste, that'll help your spread healing a lot smile.png Before that, you can probably safely go up to a high(ish) breakpoint. Once you've got the LMG, Haste is pretty much the best stat up to ~11k Haste."

I am sooo confused by this because I've been trying to do this haste approach and it is not working at all....In fact my healing suffers a great deal. I am epically failing.

I am sooo confused by this because I've been trying to do this haste approach and it is not working at all....In fact my healing suffers a great deal. I am epically failing.

Well it's been a long time since I was sub-520 ilvl. You DO have to make sure you're high on Spirit (or have two regen trinkets) and learn to play cleverly though. Haste does change your playstyle, and you need to learn to adjust.

• Like 1

We mentioned this in one of the other threads - It's Corageous primal diamond. It gives you free spells, that's why it's so good :D