FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Slice and Dice and my lame rogue!

Ok so Im totally lame at ensuring this is constantly up. Is there any addons that can help me see when its about to expire? Is this one of the spell covered in power auras?

Going to have to sort out World of logs so you theory crafters can batter me around the head and show me where Im going wrong!

Pretty sure my gear is "ok" right now

Armoury Link

Any comments would be sweet until I can get my logs sorted!

I use ElvUI too but don't have those funky timer bars. I will have to check the settings and see if I've accidentally turned them off.

I use IceHUD for all my characters, but it's especially useful for rogue, I mean just check out this screenshot (SnD on right). Shows everything you need need to know without having to take your eyes off the game.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Cheers for all the replies peeps. I think Im going to leave ElvUi until MoP and do a full overhaul of my toons uis, so I might got something for a bit more simple like that IceHud for the minute. It does look very cool I have to say. Im assuming Zebus that under your rogue those are the combo points?

When Im on my priest Im really comfortable looking around the screen / raid leading etc. But with me not being melee often I find Im always watching my rogues feet and my postioning so having everything around me like that would be boss!

That's not my rogue, I was too lazy but login for a screenshot but it's basically just like it haha,

Yes those are combopoints underneath, the beauty of icehud is how customizable it is, it can track anything, buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, and can display that info in one of many ways. This guy only has his SnD setup, but you could go even further than that if you wanted, hence why I use it for every class I play except healers.

If you need any help setting it up let me know, although im going to bed after this post so my reply will be delayed. /icehud will bring up options, I turn off a lot of the default stuff like target health, i only monitor my health and resources, and then my buffs, debuffs, and cds depending on the class. Setting up the buff watcher can be kinda tricky, but basically go to add a bar, set to watch a buff, then type the buff name exactly as it appears when you mouse over it, then adjust the options to make it on the right of left of your character and change the offset to get it where you like.

• Like 2

That's not my rogue, I was too lazy but login for a screenshot but it's basically just like it haha,

Yes those are combopoints underneath, the beauty of icehud is how customizable it is, it can track anything, buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, and can display that info in one of many ways. This guy only has his SnD setup, but you could go even further than that if you wanted, hence why I use it for every class I play except healers.

If you need any help setting it up let me know, although im going to bed after this post so my reply will be delayed. /icehud will bring up options, I turn off a lot of the default stuff like target health, i only monitor my health and resources, and then my buffs, debuffs, and cds depending on the class. Setting up the buff watcher can be kinda tricky, but basically go to add a bar, set to watch a buff, then type the buff name exactly as it appears when you mouse over it, then adjust the options to make it on the right of left of your character and change the offset to get it where you like.

All sorted, and looks pretty funky. Only problem now is my horrible looking rogue ;) Time to transmog! Cheers for the info, going to just keep it on my rogue for now until I get used to it but may play with it on my hunter in the future :D

My UI looks very similar to Damien's because I use DuffedUI which is another offbreed of TukUI. Those timers are called Class Timers and they're exceptionally beneficial to every class. Best thing is you don't have to set anything up with those UIs. They're pre-packed to be functional. It tracks everything from potions, Bloodlust, Landslide/Power Torrent procs, Lock and Load, Poison duration, tanking/survival cooldowns, and my favorite...DoTs. You can move them wherever your eyes drift to the most so that you're not constantly staring at the bottom left corner of your screen if you play a DoT heavy class like me =)

• Like 1

As Zagam pointed out, you can move the class timers from ElvUI. I like having the center of my screen relatively free of stuff, so this is why I left the timers in their original position ;)

Its cool I went with IceHud.

DO you guys all get commission for Elvui and Power Auras or summit ;) Found Elvui a little clunky so just used MoveAnything and Bartender instead, seemed a lot easier to customize :P

ElvUI is just so amazing it does almost everything. The only thing I don't like is the way it changes your bags. I find it difficult to clearly see what is in them so I have disabled this functionality. I like Carbonite too - lets you blaze through quests.

ElvUI is just so amazing it does almost everything. The only thing I don't like is the way it changes your bags. I find it difficult to clearly see what is in them so I have disabled this functionality. I like Carbonite too - lets you blaze through quests.

Kind of off-topic, but is Carbonite still massively resource-heavy?

I've never had any trouble with resources but I supposed this all depends on your hardware set-up. Carbonite is currently using 7.63 MB of memory. I'm unable to tell how much CPU it is utilising.

Edited by Damian

I also have some issues with the bags in ElvUI, mostly because I have to install Bagnon to show an item count (broken down by characters) when I hover over an item.