Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plusminus

Heroic Zon'ozz tanking

7 posts in this topic

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Do you think you could mention class, and race? From your avatar, I'll probably say Blood elf paladin.

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Hey there!

You should be able to survive ability_rogue_shadowstep.jpgPsychic Drain. At this stage (with the achievement_reputation_wyrmresttemple.jpPower of the Aspects buff at such a high level), you can probably do it simply by sitting there without using cooldowns. However, to ensure success and make it easier for your healers, just try to have as many Psychic Drains covered by one of your cooldowns as possible. Here are some things you can do:

Between all these cooldowns, your healers' single-target healing cooldowns and the alternation with the Black Phases, you should be more than fine.

Just to clarify, you shouldn't need to use your cooldowns for anything other than Psychic Drain. And you can also survive it without any cooldowns if you are full on health, so don't waste a powerful cooldown unless you are in need ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks alot for the explaination,

I guess i gonna take glyph of divine protection :D

You should do just as Vlad suggested. What I instructed my brand new Paladin tank to do this past Tuesday was glyph Divine Protection and use it only on the 2nd Psychic Drain as this is the one that will hit very hard. If you can manage that cooldown with some DBM timers to know when the cast is coming, you should have absolutely no problem surviving his damage. Remember to use Holy Shield as a cooldown when he gets up to 4+ stacks of his enrage.

With buffs I'd also recommend eating the first psychic drain and using a CD for the second. The second will kill....the first shouldn't put a dent in you really.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By platinumwolfe
      Guild Info:
      [Emerald Dream][A] <Scrub Squad> is a casual raiding guild, currently at 7/7H 3/3N 2/3H. We need a few more solid people to start Mythic!

Raid Times:
      Our raid nights are Tuesday/Thursday from 8-12pm eastern.

We're looking for people wanting to have fun while raiding and downing content. - No stress.
      We are looking for ranged and melee DPS for Mythic Progression.
      Also we run Mythic + all week and have several groups downing 11's and 12's. We hope to get up to 15 soon! 
      Currently looking for:
      Tanks: No demand
      Melee DPS: Low demand (Warrior, Havoc, Windwalker, or anyone exceptional)
      Ranged DPS: High demand (Mage, Hunter, Shadow Priest, Warlock, anyone exceptional)
      Healers: No demand
      We're at 19 members looking to get a few more to sit around 20-23. New members should be ilevel 860+ but that's not firm.

About Our Current Members:
      Most have extensive raiding backgrounds, and some come from previous hardcore raiding guilds. We're looking for a casual environment for less stressful and more fun raiding.

What Want In Members:
      Reliable - At least 80% attendance
      Friendly - fun loving!
      Self-motivated - players who can look up boss fights and class information on their own. With limited raiding time we can't afford to spend it all explaining boss mechanics multiple times.
      Chill - we're not looking for people who cause drama or place blame on people for failure.
      Attitude - Don't be a jerk, not just to guildies, but to everyone.
      Mature, Thick skinned - we can say some pretty offensive jokes.
      Ideally skilled - but that's something that can be helped.
      On the Emerald Dream server, or willing to transfer. For running Mythic raids, players have to be on our server.
      Feel free to pop into our recruitment discord to talk to an officer or leave a message! 
      https://discord.gg/y6ArYFU
      Battletag -  Wolfe#1468

• By Dominia
      LOOKING FOR MORE DPS
      7/7 Normal EN
      7/7 Heroic EN
      3/3 Trial of Valor on Normal
      Starting H ToV soon

<Mythic on Mains> is a heroic raid team comprised of adult raiders who value their time while progressing through current content. The core group came together in Warlords and cleared all content on both Normal and Heroic.

We raid Thursday and Sunday evenings.
      Invites: 7:45pm -- First Pull: 8:00pm -- End: 11:00pm  (Eastern)

Atmosphere
      ----------------
      We are a laid back group looking to have fun while working on current content.
      There will be wipes as we learn. But no raging tantrums or frothing at the mouth. Adult humor and language in chat and voice is ok, however be respectful and mature.

Expectations
      -----------------
      Be available for a majority of both scheduled evenings (Thu/Sun) and for the entire scheduled raid time (Invites: 7:45pm, End: 11:00pm).

We have very low tolerance for no-shows. We understand emergencies happen but ask that you make every effort to let us know of an absence as much in advance as possible. Remember there are other humans setting aside their time to do this as well. 

Gear must be enchanted with appropriate enchants. 

Slotted gear must be gemmed with appropriate gems.

Maintain an appropriate understanding of your class talents and rotations. Healers must be able to heal effectively. Tanks must be able to tank effectively. DPS must be able to pew pew effectively.

Bring appropriate buff food, potions (heal, mana, combat), and flasks.

Read and view fight strategies and videos when asked. 
      Graciously take suggestions for improvement and direction on voice chat. 

Bring the fun.

If you are interested in joining us, please post the following information on Discord at https://discord.gg/KrmxZ9w and someone will get back to you as soon as possible:
      Toon Name@Server
      Class: Spec/Off Spec
      Main Spec: iLevel / artifact level / AK level
      Prior Raid Experience
      Battletag
      You do NOT have to server transfer or join the guild to play with us.
      Contact info:
      BNet: Dominia#1504
      Discord: Dominia#5437
      Twitter: @TheRealDominia
    • By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: 4/7 M EN 2/3 H ToV
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      The below are just current needs, we are accepting all exceptional players.
      Tanks: N/A, looking for OS tanks and subs.
      Ranged: Boomkin & Others , & looking for subs
      Melee: Open (Non-Leather), & looking for subs.
      Healers: Restoration Shaman, looking for subs.
      If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)

• By Wingria
      Overload is a progressive raiding guild on EU Darksorrow
      Raid Schedule
      Tuesdays/Thursdays: 19.30 - 22.30
      The guild is formed by ex-hardcore raiders who once strived to obtain realm firsts and top ranks. Since Legion we have gone from being a casual to progressive guild, the change was needed as we found it hard to balance being casual but trying to stick to a strict raiding format. We have now revamped and look at ourselves as a progressive guild with a strict system in place for raiders.
      Upon joining Overload players who are interested on staying on a social basis will be given membership rank. Players looking to apply for a raiding spot will undergo a 2 week trial period where their performance, attitude, readiness and playstyle will be evaluated using Warcraft Logs.
      Every player matters!
      It's about us as a community! We want everyone to be and feel a big part of the guild, no matter what level or guild rank. Our current officer team includes, Phailia (Guild Master & Recruitment) Calamity (Raid Leading/Event Organizer & Strategy) Aggravating (Theory-Crafting/Raider Evaluation & Strategy) and Wingria (Guild Management/Website/Loot Master & Logs). Officer meetings take place every Monday on discord at 20:00. Any idea's suggestions, concerns or issues can be brought up and discussed with an officer to be added to the agenda for these meetings.
      A life outside WoW
      We fully understand that players can’t play WoW 24/7
      (as much as some of us try!)
      The gaming experience should be a arranged arround your every day habbits and commitments. World of Warcraft should help provide relief to players from every day stress and worries; not adding to them. This is why our raid times are tailored to Tuesdays and Thursdays only. What we expect from our Raiders is to attend the raids 15 minutes prior to the time stated, informed, organised, and gear optimised for the encounter. If a player cannot make the raid they are expected to give plenty of notice on the AFK thread on the forum. 
      Interaction among members
      Overload is more than a place for raiding. We are a place to meet friendly players for a awesome hours of gaming. Being friendly and polite towards ALL players is very important to us and an essential part of being an Overloader. We want everyone to be comfortable and enjoy their game time; regardless if you are a raider or social member.
      Do you think you have what it takes to be part of Overload?
      Apply now and we look forward to welcoming you in Legion!
      [Current spots: Melee & Ranged DPS/ Priest or Shammy Healer]
    • By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 7/7H & 3/3N Recruiting DPS for Mythic progression.

About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids. We have a casual-ish atmosphere with a serious desire for progression.

What we are looking for:
      We currently have 15 raiders and we are looking to recruit more members to join our flexible raid roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids. At this moment, we are only seeking out DPS (prefer ranged). We are open to both new and returning players. While we prefer a geared player, we value a positive attitude over experience. Any players who are interested and able to make all (or some; we are open to "fillers") of the raid days/time, please contact us.

Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are currently on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST and we use Ventrilo (currently trying out Curse) for our raids. We typically try out new recruits for at least a week or two to ensure that it is a good fit for both the recruit as well as our guild. We encourage trials to join us in raids, dungeons, our VOIP, and/or even in other games. Raid spots are not guaranteed due to the flexible raid roster.

If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Shells-Bloodscalp or Ryozul#1598. For the horde!