Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plusminus

Heroic Zon'ozz tanking

7 posts in this topic

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Do you think you could mention class, and race? From your avatar, I'll probably say Blood elf paladin.

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Hey there!

You should be able to survive ability_rogue_shadowstep.jpgPsychic Drain. At this stage (with the achievement_reputation_wyrmresttemple.jpPower of the Aspects buff at such a high level), you can probably do it simply by sitting there without using cooldowns. However, to ensure success and make it easier for your healers, just try to have as many Psychic Drains covered by one of your cooldowns as possible. Here are some things you can do:

Between all these cooldowns, your healers' single-target healing cooldowns and the alternation with the Black Phases, you should be more than fine.

Just to clarify, you shouldn't need to use your cooldowns for anything other than Psychic Drain. And you can also survive it without any cooldowns if you are full on health, so don't waste a powerful cooldown unless you are in need ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks alot for the explaination,

I guess i gonna take glyph of divine protection :D

You should do just as Vlad suggested. What I instructed my brand new Paladin tank to do this past Tuesday was glyph Divine Protection and use it only on the 2nd Psychic Drain as this is the one that will hit very hard. If you can manage that cooldown with some DBM timers to know when the cast is coming, you should have absolutely no problem surviving his damage. Remember to use Holy Shield as a cooldown when he gets up to 4+ stacks of his enrage.

With buffs I'd also recommend eating the first psychic drain and using a CD for the second. The second will kill....the first shouldn't put a dent in you really.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 13/13H Recruiting Ranged DPS and Heals for Mythic progression in Legion.

About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). Like A Boss is now back after a 4 year break and we are looking to find more ranged DPS and healers to join us for raiding Mythic content in Legion. We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make a majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids.

What we are looking for:
      Since our return, we have cleared 13/13 HFC on Heroic mode. We currently have 8 main raiders in our guild and have been utilizing the flexible raids and LFG system to run H HFC as a 15-man raid. We are looking to recruit more members into our guild (and have less PUGs in our raids). At this moment, we are seeking out ranged DPS and healers (prefer monk, druid, or pally) to join our flexible H HFC roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids come Legion.

Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST. We use Ventrilo for our raids.

If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Shells-Bloodscalp or Ryozul#1598. For the horde!
    • By Lectron
      We are looking to recruit to get a semi-hardcore H progression team put back together to hit the ground running in Legion. We are currently recruiting all roles for the raid team except for tanks (we have 2 set tanks but could bring on back ups as off spec). Our biggest need atm is ranged dps. 
      I started running Advent Immortal in 2012 and have built it up with the help of a core group of officers and members (most of which are still here today). We plan to run the semi-hardcore team as well as a casual team. We also have a great social atmosphere in the guild!
      The progression team will take raids serious, need to show up on time, and be ready to raid. That being said we like to have a good time while raiding as well but plan to kill bosses. Still putting together raid days and times but looking to run one weekday and 1 weekend raid night. Will start at 7PM server time (Eastern) and end by 10PM server (if we run a weekend night it could go a bit past 10).
      The casual team will be more laid back and will mostly run normal and possibly older content. The main focus for this team will be to help people become semi-hardcore raiders and for those who just want to raid and have a good time. 
      On the social side of things we keep guild chat pretty active most days. We have members that plan events for the guild to do outside of raiding. Trivia games, naked duels, and level 1 races across the world just to name a few. We are always coming up with contests and games for our non raiding members to get involved in. 
      In general Advent Immortal is a big group of friends and family who like to get together and enjoy wow. We like to have fun but can be serious when needed. We accept all types of players as you can see. 
      For more information or if you have any questions feel free to contact me or any of my officers in game. 
      Feel free to check out our guild site at 
      www.advent-immortal.com
      Thanks for your time, 
      Lectron- Bnet Lectron#1487

• By Macnico
      Teamwork is the basis for successful progression. This is the fundamental idea for <Cyanide and Cookies>, a fresh guild with its sights set on Legion Mythics. Individual expectations are paramount in their own right, but there's more to raiding than just showing up on time. What sets the most successful raid groups apart is that they possess the inherent ability to stay diligent in the most dire of times. Camaraderie, Consistency, and Confidence - This is our objective, and it is attainable through a recruiting process which commits itself to finding like-minded individuals with the capacity for leadership and teamwork. This creates the foundation for a rock-solid community of raiders.

While progression is the goal, we find that the social aspect of our guild is just as important to maintaining minimal turnover. Real life character is highly sought after, and we look for that in our prospects. Those who have a knack for open communication, but lack experience, will always be considered for a roll. We encourage our members to stay active: Mumble - /g chat - forums; These are the glue that keeps a guild together, and are expected to be utilized for pleasure as well as business.

When it's all said and done, we're all about quality raiders. If you're looking for long term progress, stability and camaraderie, consider <Cyanide and Cookies> for your new home.
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We plan to begin scheduled dungeon runs as soon as possible to advance in the new keystone system, gear up and get to know one another in a low stress environment. As soon as we're prepared, and as soon as they're available, we'll be jumping into the first raids offered in the expansion. From there it's a tedious, uphill battle, but it's a battle worth fighting!

Our schedule will consist of:
      Three hour sessions - 9:00pm - 12am
      Three nights per week - Mon/Wed/Thurs

If you have any questions for me personally, you can contact me directly in-game: Macnico#1199
      http://cyanideandcookies.enjin.com/home
    • By Twily
      So I've been trying to get through the heroic mode of Naxxramas lately. One thing I've noticed is, that its pretty hard to beat the heroic bosses without the Naxxramas cards. I'm currently stuck at Thaddius & pretty much every guide I saw, tells me to put Feugen & Stalagg into my deck. Sadly I've dusted all my wild cards when Wotog launched. Is it even possible to win against the Heroic Thaddius without any Naxx cards? Because as it seems Feugen & Stalagg are your only win condition in this match.
      I'd really appreciate some help. :<
      Btw. I know that freeze mage works, but I don't have all the cards for it.
    • By Cuterpillar
      Represent is a new guild on Thrall that is currently having open recruitment for Legion! We are filled with active members and enthusiastic officers that want to see our members succeed in whatever they would like to achieve. We are currently running normal and heroic HFC to reintroduce members back into their class of choice or to continue collecting gear before the expansion ends. Progression in Legion will be our main priority but, we will also have events for PvPers and casual players to participate in.
      Raid times and attendance - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturdays: 8 pm to 11 pm EST. You must make 3 out of the 4 days.
      Raiders are provided with repairs, flasks, potions, runes and food.
      Open recruitment – We are accepting raiders, PvPers, and casual players. We are working towards finishing heroic HFC and making sure our main raid roster is ready for possible mythic HFC and/or Legion. We will be striving to be progression raiding in Legion.
      For raiding:
      DPS – High need for all melee, hunters, rogues, warlocks, and shadow priests.
      Healers – High need for resto druids, holy paladins, and mistweaver monks.
      Tanks – We are extremely lacking in tanks. We need any and all tanks, preferably a druid, monk, or DK.
      For PvPers, all that is required is full PvP gear or in the process of obtaining a full set. We are currently helping people work towards sets and would love for more people to join us!
      For casual players, we ask for you to be social and attend some of the other events we do: class specific tournaments, mount runs, dungeon runs, achievement runs. If you have any ideas that you think would be fun for the guild to do, speak to one of the officers!
      Guild atmosphere – Our members are extremely active and are always looking to do guild runs. Our GM and officers are on a daily basis to run and gear members or just to chill out and talk to guildies. We do have a Teamspeak server that anyone in the guild can hang out in and use.
      Required add-ons - Exorsus Raid Tools, DBM, Iskar Assist, RCLootCouncil. MUST USE TEAMSPEAK SERVER DURING RAIDS.
      Gm contact
      Bosaa-Thrall (vandope420#1515)
      Officer contacts
      Tertral-Thrall (asiko123#1362)
      Cuterpillar-Thrall (Tooterpillar#1938)