Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plusminus

Heroic Zon'ozz tanking

7 posts in this topic

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Do you think you could mention class, and race? From your avatar, I'll probably say Blood elf paladin.

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Hey there!

You should be able to survive ability_rogue_shadowstep.jpgPsychic Drain. At this stage (with the achievement_reputation_wyrmresttemple.jpPower of the Aspects buff at such a high level), you can probably do it simply by sitting there without using cooldowns. However, to ensure success and make it easier for your healers, just try to have as many Psychic Drains covered by one of your cooldowns as possible. Here are some things you can do:

Between all these cooldowns, your healers' single-target healing cooldowns and the alternation with the Black Phases, you should be more than fine.

Just to clarify, you shouldn't need to use your cooldowns for anything other than Psychic Drain. And you can also survive it without any cooldowns if you are full on health, so don't waste a powerful cooldown unless you are in need ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks alot for the explaination,

I guess i gonna take glyph of divine protection :D

You should do just as Vlad suggested. What I instructed my brand new Paladin tank to do this past Tuesday was glyph Divine Protection and use it only on the 2nd Psychic Drain as this is the one that will hit very hard. If you can manage that cooldown with some DBM timers to know when the cast is coming, you should have absolutely no problem surviving his damage. Remember to use Holy Shield as a cooldown when he gets up to 4+ stacks of his enrage.

With buffs I'd also recommend eating the first psychic drain and using a CD for the second. The second will kill....the first shouldn't put a dent in you really.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By turkstyx
      Who we are
      Leviathan is a Horde side guild currently on Hyjal-US looking to recruit exceptional and friendly players to join us for our raid team.
      Progression
      7/7N Highmaul
      7/7H Highmaul
      10/10N Blackrock Foundry
      10/10H Blackrock Foundry (guild AotC)
      13/13 N Hellfire Citadel
      13/13 H Hellfire Citadel
      What we have
      Dedicated players who strive to be the best they can and learn quickly to progress and have fun. We're a guild that's all about pushing solid, steady progression while maintaining a positive and teamwork-oriented atmosphere. We're looking to bolster our ranks with players who are looking for a similar environment. Mythic clear is always the objective. We have a rather small raid schedule and because of that we need to be focused and efficient. For this reason we expect preparation and punctuality from our core raiders. As much as we're all about fun, we need to make sure everyone's time is being respected. Know your class, know the fights, be prepared and if you need help...just ask!
      Raid times/days
      Mondays 7:00 pm-10:00pm server (PST)
      Tuesdays 7:00 pm-10:00pm server (PST)
      Thursdays 7:00 pm-10:00pm server (PST)
      Recruitment is: **OPEN for all classes**
      Requirements
      Know your class Have Ventrilo Show up on time Be able to take constructive criticism Be a team player How to contact me
      Bnet for the GM (5/13M): Lynxabane#1231
      Bnet for the RaidLeader (5/13M): Streichersix#1406
      Bnet for Co-Raidleader(13/13H): Turkstyx#1486
      Pm in game
      Post below/shoot us a pm here
    • By yargz
      [US - H - Skullcrusher]
      Who we are:  <Modest Power> Is going to be a heroic focused raiding group for legion. We are a close group of about 8 friends who have raided and played other games together. In WoD we raided through heroic blackrock foundry and then moved onto other games. We have returned for legion and want to get a running start into the expansion!
      Atmosphere: "Semi-hardcore" would be the best way to define us. When its boss time we are focused and give our all into each encounter. Overall we are relaxed and just want to have a good time. We respect our players, don't yell, but do strive to make each other better.
      Legion Plans: In WoD we strived to be a mythic raiding guild and ended up falling short. We had a strong core but building up to the needed 20 players for mythic ended up being too difficult. This expansion we plan to focus in on heroic raiding only. At the current moment we do not plan to do mythic raiding at all (although we will be doing mythic+ dungeons). However, if we happen to clear the heroic raids very quickly, we will shift gears and start to focus on becoming a mythic raiding guild.
      Guild logistics:
      EPGP is used for loot distribution Discord is our voice/text communication Raid times are 8-11pm Eastern Tuesday/Wednesday/Sunday
        What we are looking for:
      18+ Can make all raid days (most of the time) Healers (Druid/Monk/Shaman) Mature attitude If not on our server, willing to transfer to skullcrusher If you are interested in us contact me on battlenet @ HazeDust#1294
    • By Fingenn
      Guild: VoA
      Server: Korgath
      Faction: Alliance
      Raid Times: Tues/(Wed or Thurs up for vote) 8-11PM CST (server time) 9PM-12AM EST
      Guild: VoA
      Server: Korgath
      Faction: Alliance
      Raid Times: Tues/(Wed or Thurs up for vote) 8-11PM CST (server time) 9PM-12AM EST
      Current Progression: - <VoA> is currently looking for competitive players for Heroic then Mythic progression for Legion! We are a group of players that have been playing together for years. Casual-Hardcore, being said that means we like to accomplish as much as possible in the time we raid with efficiency. Currently in need of everything to forge a strong group. The guild itself has been around since vanilla and into wrath. Most players were still playing spread out amongst other guilds but we have come back together to experience Legion together. We are all older now, so we get that life happens, but while we are in there for the raid we are focused on the content at hand! Have questions about your class? need help on certain boss mechanics? feel free to ask we are all here to help each other! In raid, or out in the world!
      http://voa-korgath.enjin.com/recruitment
      Current Class Needs:  Right now nothing is out of the question as far as class/spec is concerned. All exceptional players are welcome!
      What we look for in our raiders: Good Attendance Knowledge of your class, spec, gearing choices Willingness to improve with a Positive Attitude.
      Loot: Right now is in revision, with the new changes to personal loot is it a viable option. However if a different method is chosen there will be a poll, more than likely a Loot Council/Attendance reward system.
      We also do alt runs!
      If you're interested please me in WoW Fingenn#1179/Pm me, or ask an officer in guild. Or simply fill out the quick questionnaire at:
      http://voa-korgath.enjin.com/recruitment
    • By gctv
      Hop you guys like it , I am not a brilliant player but I love this game .
      Some time saw many people they want to know the Deck and how to use it for the Adventure Mode
      So I make those Videos and I think it is better than the writing Guide.(I made the subtitling for the video)
      I am Not a brilliant player in the Rank Game , but I think I could help some people in the Adventure Mode :))
      Karazhan Heroic Guide -- The Opera 1#- Julianne( mage) 
      https://youtu.be/P0ir63ON0w8
      Karazhan Heroic Guide -- The Opera 2 big bad wolf#- (warlock) 
      https://youtu.be/RxFcn7zvJ7o
      Karazhan Heroic Guide -- The Opera 3#- The Crone( zoo) 
      https://youtu.be/hFD9jVO11zc
    • By Nivalia
      Primal Might is looking for raiders to fill out our ranks for our second Legion Raid Team. We raid Mondays and Thursdays, 8 - 11 pm US eastern time. We plan to run Heroic content after a gearing up period in Normal.
      While we have a nearly full 10-man raid, we are still looking to fill positions on our raid team:
      - Melee DPS (2 slots available)
      - Ranged DPS (7 slots available)
      - Healers (4 slots available)
      If you are interested feel free to reply to this message or contact me via in-game mail at Nivalia-Exodar. Players who are a cultural fit for our guild are urged to realm transfer and join the guild. We are located on US-Exodar.
      A little bit about Primal Might: We have been raiding since vanilla and are filled with friendly and helpful people. We love to have fun together and do our best to provide a family-like atmosphere. Our raid style is casual, with an emphasis on progression and fun simultaneously. We are 13/13 in heroic Hellfire Citadel and have a number of very experienced players. We offer guild repairs, require all raiders to be on our mumble voice server (even if you don't have a microphone) and we go out of our way to support our members in any way we can.