Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plusminus

Heroic Zon'ozz tanking

7 posts in this topic

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Do you think you could mention class, and race? From your avatar, I'll probably say Blood elf paladin.

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Hey there!

You should be able to survive ability_rogue_shadowstep.jpgPsychic Drain. At this stage (with the achievement_reputation_wyrmresttemple.jpPower of the Aspects buff at such a high level), you can probably do it simply by sitting there without using cooldowns. However, to ensure success and make it easier for your healers, just try to have as many Psychic Drains covered by one of your cooldowns as possible. Here are some things you can do:

Between all these cooldowns, your healers' single-target healing cooldowns and the alternation with the Black Phases, you should be more than fine.

Just to clarify, you shouldn't need to use your cooldowns for anything other than Psychic Drain. And you can also survive it without any cooldowns if you are full on health, so don't waste a powerful cooldown unless you are in need ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks alot for the explaination,

I guess i gonna take glyph of divine protection :D

You should do just as Vlad suggested. What I instructed my brand new Paladin tank to do this past Tuesday was glyph Divine Protection and use it only on the 2nd Psychic Drain as this is the one that will hit very hard. If you can manage that cooldown with some DBM timers to know when the cast is coming, you should have absolutely no problem surviving his damage. Remember to use Holy Shield as a cooldown when he gets up to 4+ stacks of his enrage.

With buffs I'd also recommend eating the first psychic drain and using a CD for the second. The second will kill....the first shouldn't put a dent in you really.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sappora
      <Methodical>
      US-H-Bleeding Hollow
      Methodical is a Horde guild on the realm Bleeding Hollow we are currently in the process of rebuilding our raid core, and are in need of players to replace some trials that were cut. We are recruiting ALL exceptional players new, or returning, for finishing up heroic progression and moving towards mythics. We are seeking smart players who know how to play their class well and have no problem learning new mechanics quickly.
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Requirements from you:
      Be able to make our times with 90% attendance (we understand certain real life situations occasionally come up)
      Know your class to the best of your ability and be able to take criticism from other players on how to improve your class. Also go through logs and see what you are doing wrong so you can play at your full potential.
      Execute mechanics in a logical sense. You do no dps/hps while you're dead. Standing in fire does not give you buffs.
      Recruitment:
      We are currently looking for non-leather: Tanks, Healers, and RDPS.
      If Interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and the general vibe of raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Sappora#1724
      Merkshow#1993
      Franny#1457
      Borlax#1380
    • By PurpleSector
      Currently seeking
      We are looking to bolster our damage dealer ranks in general, primarily with ranged DPS. We specifically lack a shadow priest this expansion, but any applicants of any class will be considered. 

Who are we?
      <Andromeda> is a friendly, social guild which raids 2 nights per week (Tuesdays and Sundays). We cleared each instance on heroic in WoD, and are looking to do the same in Legion. We are composed of a tight-knit group of old friends, most of whom have played together since vanilla or early expansions. A lot of us are former hardcore raiders, but are now pursuing a more relaxed and fun approach to raiding and WoW in general. We like to organise other activities within the guild aside from raiding, like mythic+ runs and the occasional IRL meetup. Guild chat is pretty active, and we like to have a laugh together. 

Many of our members have variable work commitments (travel abroad for work, rotas (e.g. doctors/EMTs etc)) and we appreciate this is reflective of the wider community. As such, we try to facilitate a flexible approach to raiding, with no minimum attendance. 

What would be expected of you?
      What we do ask is that people are familiar with tactics, have fully gemmed/enchanted their gear, bring flasks, runes and food. However, further to the above, we keep the guildbank stocked with free-of-charge "emergency" consumables to help those with busy schedules focus on the fun side of raiding. 

Raid times
      Tuesdays 20:30-23:00 (option to extend by 30mins if all agreed)
      Sundays 20:00-23:00

Where do I sign up?!
      We are based on the Stormrage side of the server merge. If you are based on Stomrage/Azuremyst just whisper one of our members and ask to be pointed towards an officer (or whisper Garantine, Jaegra, Cainwyn, Fafnesdotter directly).
    • By Amondra
      Because of my boyfriend's work he is limited on the time he can play, and thus sadly, we cannot raid in a mythic guild. So we are looking for a more casual guild who does mythic dungeons and Heroic level raid content.
      Here is a little about us:
      We have been plaything this game for about as long as we have been together, which is to say ten years. We both have raided through various expansions and are competent raiders. When we get into a guild we want to give our all and help as much as we can. While we are both friendly, I'm a salty woman and swear a lot when in voice chat >.< 
      We CANNOT raid on Wed, Sat, and Sun.
      And we can only raid between 9pm-12am East Coast time. 
      Here is my boyfriend's character, and he can dps, just prefers to tank:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Helbindi/simple
      And here I am:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Amondra/simple
      We have no problem changing factions, though it will take us a bit to move all our characters over, but we would like to stay on our Server Turalyon. 
      What we want from our potential new guild:
      As stated above we would like a guild the is causal, but still progressive, but has a focus on the heroic level content. Outside of that we would like to find a home for our characters and a guild that feels more like family and not some people we raid with for a few hours a week. A guild where the guild is helping provide the stuff needed for raid and not just leaving it up to everyone to help themselves. We are to feel like we are in a guild. 
      We would prefer the voice chat used be Discord.
      My btag is Amondra#1717
    • By Deadpitt
      <Just a Flesh Wound> Experienced Semi-Casual-Progressive Guild is looking for a Holy/Disc Priest to join us for heroics, We are a horde guild on Illidan, our raid times are wednesdays and fridays from 7:30-10:30 realm time, teamspeak is required to raid, Add Btag Deadpitt#1153 And shoot me a message to learn more if you're interested
    • By Griever
      <Enthalpy> is a fast growing guild led by experienced players who are excited to build something strong through Legion. Visit our Website  or Discord

Our guild is composed of 3 Main teams that allow players to stay active within the guild regardless of content & skill level. Whether you're into PvP, competitive raid progression, or a more casual approach to raiding, you can find your niche while enjoying the social aspect of the game with us.  The focus for this post will be for our late night progression group: Infusion

Infusion - This is the late night group who raid Tuesday & Thursday from 9PM - 12AM PST. The newest raid team starting in Legion, Infusion is still seeking experienced raiders to finish forming it's core. Currently the goal for Infusion is to establish a regular core doing Heroic raiding with the intention of moving to Mythic raiding when possible.

Current Recruitment needs (as of 9/16/16):
      Melee DPS: 1 strong melee dps with tank offspec (DK, Paladin, War)
      Ranged DPS: Hunter, Warlocks (non demo), Mages, Ele Shaman

If you are looking to do it all, come join us. Reach out to us in game or add us using the Btag's below so we can discuss our interests. Best of luck in your search and we hope to see you here.

-Magicmike (GM) Btag: Dex#1427

-Unholypants (Ignite Raid Leader)

-Raycepticon

-Rewki (Flux RBG Leader)

-Grievër (Infusion Raid Leader) Btag:cerealKiller#1606