Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plusminus

Heroic Zon'ozz tanking

7 posts in this topic

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Do you think you could mention class, and race? From your avatar, I'll probably say Blood elf paladin.

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Hey there!

You should be able to survive ability_rogue_shadowstep.jpgPsychic Drain. At this stage (with the achievement_reputation_wyrmresttemple.jpPower of the Aspects buff at such a high level), you can probably do it simply by sitting there without using cooldowns. However, to ensure success and make it easier for your healers, just try to have as many Psychic Drains covered by one of your cooldowns as possible. Here are some things you can do:

Between all these cooldowns, your healers' single-target healing cooldowns and the alternation with the Black Phases, you should be more than fine.

Just to clarify, you shouldn't need to use your cooldowns for anything other than Psychic Drain. And you can also survive it without any cooldowns if you are full on health, so don't waste a powerful cooldown unless you are in need ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks alot for the explaination,

I guess i gonna take glyph of divine protection :D

You should do just as Vlad suggested. What I instructed my brand new Paladin tank to do this past Tuesday was glyph Divine Protection and use it only on the 2nd Psychic Drain as this is the one that will hit very hard. If you can manage that cooldown with some DBM timers to know when the cast is coming, you should have absolutely no problem surviving his damage. Remember to use Holy Shield as a cooldown when he gets up to 4+ stacks of his enrage.

With buffs I'd also recommend eating the first psychic drain and using a CD for the second. The second will kill....the first shouldn't put a dent in you really.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• [Thrall][H] <Represent> (7/13H) Open recruitment
      By Cuterpillar
      Represent is a new guild on Thrall that is currently having open recruitment for Legion! We are filled with active members and enthusiastic officers that want to see our members succeed in whatever they would like to achieve. We are currently running normal and heroic HFC to reintroduce members back into their class of choice or to continue collecting gear before the expansion ends. Progression in Legion will be our main priority but, we will also have events for PvPers and casual players to participate in.
      Raid times and attendance - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturdays: 8 pm to 11 pm EST. You must make 3 out of the 4 days.
      Raiders are provided with repairs, flasks, potions, runes and food.
      Open recruitment – We are accepting raiders, PvPers, and casual players. We are working towards finishing heroic HFC and making sure our main raid roster is ready for possible mythic HFC and/or Legion. We will be striving to be progression raiding in Legion.
      For raiding:
      DPS – High need for all melee, hunters, rogues, warlocks, and shadow priests.
      Healers – High need for resto druids, holy paladins, and mistweaver monks.
      Tanks – We are extremely lacking in tanks. We need any and all tanks, preferably a druid, monk, or DK.
      For PvPers, all that is required is full PvP gear or in the process of obtaining a full set. We are currently helping people work towards sets and would love for more people to join us!
      For casual players, we ask for you to be social and attend some of the other events we do: class specific tournaments, mount runs, dungeon runs, achievement runs. If you have any ideas that you think would be fun for the guild to do, speak to one of the officers!
      Guild atmosphere – Our members are extremely active and are always looking to do guild runs. Our GM and officers are on a daily basis to run and gear members or just to chill out and talk to guildies. We do have a Teamspeak server that anyone in the guild can hang out in and use.
      Required add-ons - Exorsus Raid Tools, DBM, Iskar Assist, RCLootCouncil. MUST USE TEAMSPEAK SERVER DURING RAIDS.
      Gm contact
      Bosaa-Thrall (vandope420#1515)
      Officer contacts
      Tertral-Thrall (asiko123#1362)
      Cuterpillar-Thrall (Tooterpillar#1938)
    • [Area 52][H] Cyanide and Cookies - Prepping for Legion Raids
      By Macnico
      Cyanide and Cookies is a fresh Horde guild on the Area 52 (US) server preparing for semi-hardcore raiding in Legion, and will be progressing throughout the expansion. We'll be focusing on maintaining a quality environment by recruiting quality people. We will be taking our progression very seriously while maintaining the enjoyment of the game. If you're a quality player looking to perform with quality players, look no further.

We'll be starting off with 10-13 for our core with pending composition, and will be transitioning into a full group for Heroic and Mythic. Our schedule will consist of two hour raid sessions twice a week (these numbers will only increase). If you apply, please allow two weeks for processing. If you are chosen for a position, we will contact you via Enjin as well as in-game methods.

If you have any questions for me personally, you can contact me directly in-game: Macnico#1199

http://cyanideandcookies.enjin.com/home

Thank you for your interest, and best of luck.
    • [BLOODSCALP][H] <Like A Boss> 13/13H, Ranged DPS & Heals
      By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 13/13H Recruiting Ranged DPS and Heals for Mythic progression in Legion.

About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). Like A Boss is now back after a 4 year break and we are looking to find more ranged DPS and healers to join us for raiding Mythic content in Legion. We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make a majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids.

What we are looking for:
      Since our return, we have cleared 13/13 HFC on Heroic mode. We currently have 8 main raiders in our guild and have been utilizing the flexible raids and LFG system to run H HFC as a 15-man raid. We are looking to recruit more members into our guild (and have less PUGs in our raids). At this moment, we are seeking out ranged DPS and healers (prefer monk, druid, or pally) to join our flexible H HFC roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids come Legion.

Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST. We use Ventrilo for our raids, and our loot system is MS>OS (Master Looter).

If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Reikettsu-Bloodscalp orRyozul#1598. For the horde!
    • [OC-Barthilas] [H] <Primal> (9/14H)
      By Dioxisis
      <Primal> - We are currently a 25man core team with plans to move into WoD with a very strong Mythic team. We are looking for a few more for WoD, due to people wanting to switch their mains to other roles. We are always accepting exceptional players for current content.

Current Recruitment:
          Only exceptional raiders will be considered.

Progression:
          14/14N
          9/14H (Imm/Prot/Noru/Sha/Galk/Jugg/Sham/Naz/Malk)

Raid Timetable:
          Wed: 7:30-11pm (GMT+10)
          Sun: 7:30-11pm (GMT+10)
          Mon: 7:30-11pm (GMT+10)

USA time zones:
          Eastern: 5:30-9am (GMT -4)
          Central: 4:30-8am (GMT -5)
          Mountain: 3:30-7am (GMT -6)
          Pacific: 2:30-6am (GMT -7)

NOTE: Cross-realm trials are permitted!

Feel free to contact any officer in game or me at Dioxisis1989#1519

http://primalbarth.enjin.com/recruitment
    • Vengence DH leveling ? how is it ?
      By dlhak
      i there I'm new to forums here, I have watched many streams and videos about Demon Hunter specs, I was planning to level a demon hunter as a main class, and I wanted to know how is Vengeance spec doing in leveling ? is it worth leveling in DH's tanking spec ? or would it take too much time compared to Havoc ? I remember devs saying at Legion annoucement that tanking specs and healing specs would have their damage increased to allow them level up faster.

So anyone tried leveling up as Vengeance DH yet ?