Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plusminus

Heroic Zon'ozz tanking

7 posts in this topic

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Do you think you could mention class, and race? From your avatar, I'll probably say Blood elf paladin.

I normally tank for normal Zon'ozz without any problem (mostly 1 try without wipe) but my main guild group looking for temp tank for heroic zon'ozz so I apply for it. Have read the guide in icy vein several times and watch some example on youtube, so i think i can do it. The only thing that bother me is, can i sustain the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104322? Btw, my main guild group mostly have heroic gears.

Sorry for poor English Posted Image

Hey there!

You should be able to survive ability_rogue_shadowstep.jpgPsychic Drain. At this stage (with the achievement_reputation_wyrmresttemple.jpPower of the Aspects buff at such a high level), you can probably do it simply by sitting there without using cooldowns. However, to ensure success and make it easier for your healers, just try to have as many Psychic Drains covered by one of your cooldowns as possible. Here are some things you can do:

Between all these cooldowns, your healers' single-target healing cooldowns and the alternation with the Black Phases, you should be more than fine.

Just to clarify, you shouldn't need to use your cooldowns for anything other than Psychic Drain. And you can also survive it without any cooldowns if you are full on health, so don't waste a powerful cooldown unless you are in need ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks alot for the explaination,

I guess i gonna take glyph of divine protection :D

You should do just as Vlad suggested. What I instructed my brand new Paladin tank to do this past Tuesday was glyph Divine Protection and use it only on the 2nd Psychic Drain as this is the one that will hit very hard. If you can manage that cooldown with some DBM timers to know when the cast is coming, you should have absolutely no problem surviving his damage. Remember to use Holy Shield as a cooldown when he gets up to 4+ stacks of his enrage.

With buffs I'd also recommend eating the first psychic drain and using a CD for the second. The second will kill....the first shouldn't put a dent in you really.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Vengence DH leveling ? how is it ?
      By dlhak
      i there I'm new to forums here, I have watched many streams and videos about Demon Hunter specs, I was planning to level a demon hunter as a main class, and I wanted to know how is Vengeance spec doing in leveling ? is it worth leveling in DH's tanking spec ? or would it take too much time compared to Havoc ? I remember devs saying at Legion annoucement that tanking specs and healing specs would have their damage increased to allow them level up faster.

So anyone tried leveling up as Vengeance DH yet ?
    • Looking for some feedback on my tanking. Its my off spec so its not optimal, yet
      By Shells
      Hi

Recently been doing some raid tanking for our group. Its alot of fun and while I have no major issues with mythic dungeon tanking, probably from overgearing it, I have a feeling that my rotation is a bit off in blood while raid tanking. I had a problem with using blood tap last night, I had it macro's into death strike and the macro wasnt working. I suspect it might not be optimal to macro it in. Is that still the case?. Most of the guides I came across are a bit out of date and this late into the expansion thats to be expected.

Logs for last night
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a7cKfwAZHjYtN8G3/

Logs for last week
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rT26LmRYkQg1jGNM/

Armory
      http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/eu/argent_dawn/shells

(I was using 2 dps trinkets last night, EDH and UH

Gear wise I was running with 2 dps trinkets and  a dps cloak as the tanking cloak I have is 705 baleful one while my dps one was 720. 

Picked up the Kilrogg tanking trinket last night and have the reapers harvest. 
      AskMrRobot keeps trying to get me to equip it but I am not sure if its worth the slot or not.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
      Thanks in advance.
      Shells
    • [US-Lightbringer][A]<Faze> - 13/13H - LFM for Mythic (Fri,Sat)
      By Draydyn
      Guild Culture
      Faze is a World of Warcraft guild on Lightbringer-US. Although, we are looking to become a multi-faction, multi-game, multi-platform guild. Basically, we want to form a community of gamers. A community not tied to one game or one style of play. 

We have three basic core values we expect our guildies to keep in mind when playing:

1) Have Fun: We won’t sacrifice your relaxation for raid or PvP progression. If you’re not having fun, let us know, and we’ll make necessary changes to make sure our events remain challenging, but fun.

2) Acceptance: Our members come from many different backgrounds, careers, sexual orientations, and cultures. Insensitivity will not be tolerated. Accept your guildies as family.

3) Stay Classy: You are a representation of our community. Don’t act in a way that would reflect negatively on our community and limit us from retaining future members. Keep it classy and don’t be a jerk.

Group Culture
      Our guild was created in November of 2015, however, the core of this raid group has been raiding together since the end of Mists of Pandaria. We have a relaxed, casual atmosphere that likes to have fun, but know when to put on our raid hats when it's time to. 

We're a surprisingly functional set of contradictions. We're casual, but serious. We're laid-back, but intensely focused. 

We also joke around A LOT. Playful banter, dark humor, and mature jokes are a staple of our raid group, and with you being the new guy (or girl) you can fully expect them to be at your expense.

Logistics

Raid Needs
      The purpose of this recruitment post is to fill our group to progress into mythic content. We are currently looking to fill our ranks with the following. However, we will always consider exeptional applicants.

Range
      Mage Warlock S Priest

Healing
      Holy Paladin Resto Shaman

Melee
      Frost DK Ret Paladin Enh Shaman

Raid Times
      Friday & Saturday: 6:30pm - 10:30pm Server Time

Loot Rules
      We use a loot council system and award loot based on attendance, performance, and attitude. We know how important loot is to player and guild advancement and take great care with awarding loot. You will need to download the addon RCLootCouncil to "roll" on gear.

Progression
      13/13N Hellfire Citadel
      13/13H Hellfire Citadel

Contact Information
      Battle.net IDs: Draydyn#1152, Sausage#1673, Wheel#1902

(If interested in the weekday raid group (MTW) please contact Dryw#1215)
    • [EU-TARREN MILL][H] <Awesomenauts> 13/13HC Recruiting
      By billtherocker
      Semi-Hardcore guild Awesomenauts-Tarren mill EU [H] is recruiting! We are looking for players to complete our core raiding team and begin progressing on mythic hfc. Raid days are Monday and Wednesday at 20:00 server time (21:00 GMT +3 EEST). Apply directly on awesomenauts.wowhordes.com

What we ask of you:
      1) A 90% uptime on raiding days
      2) A working mic for raid coordination and communication
      3) Knowledge of your class and spec, as well as gear optimization
      4) Full pre-fight preparation and knowledge of boss mechanics
      5) Patience and determination

Feel free to add me ( billtherock#2610) for more info
    • Which trinkets for Protection?
      By Rixhephtos
      Hey there guys, just a quick question.  I have 4 trinkets for tanking, and not sure which 2 I should stick with.

I have a 720 Warlord's Unseeing Eye with speed and a socket (+956 haste, +165 speed, +50 haste gem), reduces damage taken up to 19.84%

705 Anzu's Cursed Plume (+416 bonus armor), chance for 1,526 mastery

730 Libram of Vindication, below 76% hp I heal 113,348 and do that much damage to guys around me

and the Purified Shard of the Third Moon.

So far I've always had on the Eye, and swapped between the boa trinket and the Plume (been tanking Archimonde carries for my guild, when I do that I run the boa trinket since I'm a little squishy and that massive absorb shield it creates from resolve has probably saved me a number of times), but typically run Plume.
      I also have a Tyrant's Decree with a socket but from what I've read that's not good for prot pallies so I didn't include that in the list.

Any advice would be very much appreciated