FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fragkitty

Casual Feral - Trinket help

Heya! 

I've been lurking here for a while, but first now made account as I've got bit of a problem.

I only raid LFR at the moment, and I'm not sure about when I should replace my Rune of Re-Origination or not.

Right now I'm using LFR RoR with Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault, both upgraded 2/2. And today I got Assurance of Consequence, which I'll upgrade to 2/2 aswell.

Question is, at what point should I replace RoR (if I even should?), at what point does other trinkets go pass? Is LFR Rune still better then Siege of Orgrimmar LFR trinkets, and Flex mode?

Your best bet is to download Catus and simulate yourself

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574

The latest release includes a trinket simulator, so all you have to do is click on which trinkets you have available and it will judge them for your current gear set-up

As a general rule of thumb for a 510 RoR, you should replace it when you have 2 normal quality SoO trinkets.  It should be safe to also replace it when you get the flex versions just as well.

Do not replace your RoRo, if you are optimized for the mastery proc, your dps will be better than if you give it up.

Currently RoRo is BIS for kitties, and prolly will be for while to come also. My kitty os has 64% mastery unbuffed, which changes to 220% mastery with RoRo proc'd, that is almost a 3.5 times dps increase for all bleeds. 

I've heard with method for my own concerns and HCTF RoR is BiS for Feral in SoO

The 2/2 upgraded H TF RoR (549 ilvl) is BiS for Feral in 5.4

Do not replace your RoRo, if you are optimized for the mastery proc, your dps will be better than if you give it up.

Currently RoRo is BIS for kitties, and prolly will be for while to come also. My kitty os has 64% mastery unbuffed, which changes to 220% mastery with RoRo proc'd, that is almost a 3.5 times dps increase for all bleeds. 

The problem with running lower quality (sub 543 ilvl) RoR is the fact that the proc rate is in RPPM.  At lower level RoR, the SoO trinkets are outperforming the amount of times that RoR will proc.

In bis gear you can see that the SoO trinkets aren't really that far behind (1.4%):

vd9l.png

vd9l.png

Of course HW ones will be better, your point? the types they were asking about were lfr versions this data has no relevence

Of course HW ones will be better, your point? the types they were asking about were lfr versions this data has no relevance

The point is that even though RoR is considered BiS, it is only BiS when you have the highest itlvl version of it.  For the trinkets the OP has available to him, he would need to simulate it himself (as an armory link was not provided).

I did some simulations in my own gear (so it won't be accurate for him or anyone else), but you can see here that Flex trinkets do surpass the RoR.  Most likely, it will be a bigger delta in the OP's gear because my gear has much higher agility and secondary stats.

6gpn.png

Like Paloro said, LFR Rune is unlikely to be BiS especially when it's competing against flexi or normal SoO trinkets, possibly even LFR.

I have normal Rune (2/2) on my druid at around 560 ilvl and the DPS benefit over normal mode trinkets from SoO is around 2k in my current gear which is only a very small edge. Then you take into account the reforging/regemming and enchanting that goes with Rune plus making optimal use of the proc and you're looking at a high cost for a trinket, especially if it's of LFR quality.

Also keep in mind Rune will scale with the secondaries on your gear, but it's the proc chance that's going to make the difference. There's really no way to say whether Rune is better for you without testing on Catus but saying Rune is BiS as a blanket statement isn't true.

saying Rune is BiS as a blanket statement isn't true.

If its not "BiS" then why are most of the top kitties still using it? They all can't be wrong in terms of what gives the better overall dmg output.

If its not "BiS" then why are most of the top kitties still using it? They all can't be wrong in terms of what gives the better overall dmg output.

I think you are missing the point that a LFR (510) RoR is not BiS, whereas a Heroic (543 or 549) RoR is.  The fact that the OP says he does not have one or will not have access to one changes his BiS list.

@Fragkitty

Please refer to the picture I posted 2 posts above for a good indication of the pair of trinkets you want to use.

I think you are missing the point that a LFR (510) RoR is not BiS

I never Once said that the LFR RoR was BiS, I just said RoR was BiS.

And given that there are still quite a few kitties using even the 522ver of it over normal SoO trinkets, then in the same concept the LFR RoR would still be better than the LFR SoO ones. AND since OP said he only does LFR what I stated is in fact not wrong.

SoO trinkets will outdamage normal mode Rune at certain gear levels. Like I said, I am in normal mode gear and I am still using 522 Rune but the DPS margin increase is very small (around 2k) out of 300k+ DPS. Even so, my 522 (upgraded to 530) Rune isn't likely to stay my BiS and tbh if I get a second good trinket I'll likely get rid of it.

For arguments sake (and because I thought it would be interesting) I took my gear, converted everything to LFR in Catus, and compared trinkets. This, by the way, is with fully gemmed/enchanted, w/ legendary cape and meta and 4 set (though all LFR value) and upgraded 8/8.

24nqiz9.png

While the DPS margin is small, LFR Rune still isn't BiS for LFR gear.

• Like 1