FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
iltete

Frostmage seeking some guidance

I havent played a whole lot of WoW since WotLK and recently came back, im striving to better my DPS but I feel like I'm not where i should be on the charts. Got some logs from LFR wing 2 SOO and I would like someone to check the logs from Iron Juggernaut, I really did the best I could on that one.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9il7xham2ve4s6hq/

I
 am Pungenskonge there if you need that info, I have no idea on what to click on in there happy.png

Anyways i'd just like you guys to point out the flaws i have in the fight, maybe its something simple i dont know what is thats making my dps lower than it should be. Thanks in advance smile.png

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Pungenskonge/simple

Edited by iltete

I'm not really the best at reading logs but with a single boss and no add phases uptime on living bomb should be close to 100%.  In that fight it was 87% it looks like.  There really should be no gaps in uptime on that unless you are in a poor position and screwed by the huge knockback.

Other than that I don't see anything out of the ordinary, but I can't check your armory while at work....

I havent played a whole lot of WoW since WotLK and recently came back, im striving to better my DPS but I feel like I'm not where i should be on the charts. Got some logs from LFR wing 2 SOO and I would like someone to check the logs from Iron Juggernaut, I really did the best I could on that one.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9il7xham2ve4s6hq/

I am Pungenskonge there if you need that info, I have no idea on what to click on in there happy.png

Anyways i'd just like you guys to point out the flaws i have in the fight, maybe its something simple i dont know what is thats making my dps lower than it should be. Thanks in advance smile.png

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Pungenskonge/simple

1stly gear:

Get rid of both of your trinkets ASAP. Crit trinkets for frost are terribad.

Don't forget to gem/enchant.

You are 0,2% under hitcap.

You should use www.askmrrobot.com to optimize your gear. :)

Iron Juggernaut:

Living Bomb uptime should be higher.

Why didn't you use Icy-Veins on the pull?

This means you didn't useyour on use trinket neither on cooldown.

Also if you used it on pull, you could have extended your ie. Jade Spirit (so, int procs) with Alter Time.

Are you snapshotting your dots?

You only had 26 procs of FoF, but you have more than 30 casts of Ice lances.

You have 38 misses with living bomb. Were you trying to dot mines or were you missing due to you being under hit cap?

• Like 1

Okay, my trinkets are shit then i probably lose substantial dps from them. I've used mrrobot for gear optimizing indeed, but the optimized one ended up at 14.98% hit :) I got new shoulders yesterday so that problem is solved.

I'm working on my LB uptime all the time. 

Icy-Veins - I tought i read somewhere that I should wait with using it for 2 x FoF + brainfreeze, in combination with alter time so i've been saving it for that mostly. I guess that was a bad call :) 

I guess I shouldnt be afraid of using cooldowns when I can instead of waiting for the perfect moment.

The misses are from being under hit cap

What is snapshotting?

The reason for using ice lance more than I had procs was because i tought i had to use it to get rid of the icicles, so they didnt all go to waste. But I've read now that they dont go to waste after all :)

Thanks for the insight!

Okay, my trinkets are shit then i probably lose substantial dps from them. I've used mrrobot for gear optimizing indeed, but the optimized one ended up at 14.98% hit smile.png I got new shoulders yesterday so that problem is solved.

I'm working on my LB uptime all the time. 

Icy-Veins - I tought i read somewhere that I should wait with using it for 2 x FoF + brainfreeze, in combination with alter time so i've been saving it for that mostly. I guess that was a bad call smile.png 

I guess I shouldnt be afraid of using cooldowns when I can instead of waiting for the perfect moment.

The misses are from being under hit cap

What is snapshotting?

The reason for using ice lance more than I had procs was because i tought i had to use it to get rid of the icicles, so they didnt all go to waste. But I've read now that they dont go to waste after all smile.png

Thanks for the insight!

ForteXorcist is a great help for LB uptime sincs it can track ALL targets not only your current target. :)

For Icy Veins. It is good if you can use it when you have 2x FoF and BF, however it is more important to use it when you have your trinket, enchant (so intellect) procs and any other beneficial buffs up. This usually happens at the pull. You should always use your CDs on cooldown unless you know that you will have a better time use it. ie. The boss will be immune to damage during your CD. Or, Boss will take 200% more damage 20 seconds later. you will use Heroism in 10-20 seconds etc etc.

Snapshotting is refreshing your mage bomb as soon as you get an intellect proc from trinket, enchant etc.

Powerauras and Tellmewhen are great addons for this.

I hope it is clear now with icicles. If not, ask freely :)

• Like 1

I understand now, thanks for the help. I'll check out those addons smile.png

Any place in particular i can check on WoL myself to see my LB uptime? I tried to look around but didnt seem to find anything.

Edited by iltete

Select damage done in the menu. Select the boss fight in the menu.

Click on your name on Damage done list.

Click on Buffs applied.

Look at debuff table.

To branch off Bomb uptime.  Assuming you don't have a trinket buff, is it better to clip the last tick of your Bomb or to let it drop for ~.5 second for a cast of your nuke?

To branch off Bomb uptime.  Assuming you don't have a trinket buff, is it better to clip the last tick of your Bomb or to let it drop for ~.5 second for a cast of your nuke?

If you refresh it <1 sec or let it expire it will result in the same damage.

AKA: it will also explode if you refresh it <1sec before it expires.

This PowerAura thingy, how do you get it to work? I have no clue whatsoever in how to link stuff to the addon.

only thing i've used is elvui which needs no configuration :-<

Oh, sorry the one I'm using is actuall Weakauras :D

Anyhow, they do the same. Search for Powerauras guide / weakauras guide on youtube. There are plenty of videos about how to costumize it etc. :)

You can get a nice thingy like this: this tracks my trinkets and int procs with internal CDs. :333

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130522/WoWScrnShot_052113_131819_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

yeah I got Weakauras actually, I only found out how to get the evocation thingy up, but i dont know how to move it biggrin.png so if i dont have evocation up, its on the middle of the screen annoying the shit out of me. smile.png Actually i just found out how to move it this second.

Now the only relevant proc I need is Jade Spirit, you dont have that string hanging around? smile.png

A nice small square one that doesnt make my screen go totally Disco :)

Edited by iltete

yeah I got Weakauras actually, I only found out how to get the evocation thingy up, but i dont know how to move it biggrin.png so if i dont have evocation up, its on the middle of the screen annoying the shit out of me. smile.png Actually i just found out how to move it this second.

Now the only relevant proc I need is Jade Spirit, you dont have that string hanging around? smile.png

A nice small square one that doesnt make my screen go totally Disco smile.png

You can add Jade Spirit the same way you added Invocation. Yet again, there are plenty of videos on youtube and I'd highly recommend to watch them, so you an personalize your addon. I'd gladly make a script for you but I'm on a train and it's not really possible to log into the game.