FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tswizzy

What is the real best Secondary stat

From what i am reading everything is telling me that mastery should be my bread and butter for a assassin Rogue. But a good deal of the people i see and or have raided with- (tenthplanet) just for example that i raided with last night in a pug group, did a little digging and discovered he is reforging most of his stats away from mastery to crit and haste and was doing some very good numbers from what i was seeing. But from what i have been reading this should be wrong. or does this change with the RPPM trinkets? or just a pure when you get a amount of gear one becomes better then the other? just trying to find out what the correct reforging priorities should be. everyone says they are close.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Tswizzy/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Tenthplanet/simple

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/lightbringer/tenthplanet

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/lightbringer/tswizzy

From a completely observational standpoint, I'm not sure how haste or crit is going to overtake mastery for Assassination rogues. Why do I think this? Because every time I view my damage meter for my actions, Deadly* Poison is at least 30% of my damage. Granted, I'm stacking mastery (think my rogue is floating somewhere around 71% unbuffed), but when you second highest source of damage is only sitting at about 12% or so, it's clear to see that mastery is going to be your strongest stat in that spec.

Again, this is just my observation. I have also read that mastery is king for Assassination though and, from what I've seen, I have no reason to question it otherwise.

Feel free to add your thoughts.

Edit: Changed Instant Poison to Deadly Poison. Sorry...still have the old school running through my head. :P

Edited by lothos1103

see and that is where my problem is, everything i see and read says mastery will beat out anything and everything. then when you look at reforging robot ect and other people. like the pre mentioned rogue i was raiding with, he, if you looked at the link, was reforged out of mastery and completely smashing everything and topping charts with ease.

well yea i got that one i know he was and is way higher geared than me. to the rest of the raid he was on par with the IL with the group maybe 1-2 points higher then the rest of my guild. just trying to figure if its good or not to forge this way in some time.

Honestly, if there is a point where gear scaling starts to diminish the potency of mastery for Assassination Rogues, I am not aware of it...not am I aware of a "cap" as well. The more mastery, the better IMO. As far as Mr Robot goes, I take it with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, it's a suggestion. I'm all about optimizing but not past the point where I can't feel like I feel comfortable.

Also, the ilvl gap between the two players mentioned might have something to do with the numbers as well... :P

im not sure a 3 IL difference would add out to arounnd 30-40k was just weird. not sure if it is maybe for spec switching at some point or what. and thats what i thought too is more mastery is better and it is our best stat to date.

I'm concerned the simulators are screaming crit because of the recent buff to mutilate and dispatch's physical components. I sadly haven't had the time to play and test things.

As i see in armory's you dont have 2p at least since he has 4p , idk what he was using that time and what u was using , if ur u had the same gear as you do now its kinda logical the difference since his 2p gives a short of lets call it boost cause once he crits through seal of fate he gets less energy on his multilates , and his 4p when its fully up its like 5k mastery he also has his assurance on normal and gives him 2% more reduce on his cds (not sure if it is 2% maybe 1 % ) and he has the Legendary back too that has a decent proc . and his gear is higher than u clearly and this means more agility that this agility is more AP for him .

Rogues have shadowcraft at their disposal. It's made by rogues specifically for rogues and will adapt stat weightings according to gear, so it's much better to use for optimising than Mr. Robot.

Stats do change depending on gear. While mastery doesn't necessarily have a cap, having tons of it can make other stats more valuable.

Haste is good for energy regen, trinket procs, legendary meta/cloak procs, and it generally good for long, single-target fights.

Mastery is good for poison damage, so it's good for multi-target/AoE.

Crit is ahead with the new 2-set bonus; more crits means cheaper mut/dispatch.

Generally, mastery will be fine. As mentioned, there's no cap, so you can't go too far wrong with mastery.

Ok so in short it seems more multi target fights mastery in theory should be better. Then haste for single target fights is best until you get the 2 set then crit takes over. If I got that right.