FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

RAIDING MARATHON FOR KIDS!

XIBpBQp.jpg

Hey guys!  This year, I'm doing my first participating event with Extra-Life, an all-day gaming marathon where participants play video games for 25 hours straight and help raise money for children's hospitals all across the country.  The event takes place Saturday, November 2nd at 8am and lasts until 8am Sunday, November 3.  I'm going to be doing my part in hosting/leading/streaming 25 hours of raiding!  Yours truly will be putting together raid groups of all types, sizes, and purposes just for the sake of raiding and raising money for the kids who really deserve it.  These little guys and gals have had some bad odds tossed their way....it's up to us to help them even the odds out. 

Do your part!  You can join my team here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=13415

OpenRaid sign up: http://openraid.us/events/view/138450

Or, YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN TEAM!  Support a hospital local to you...whatever you do, you have a week to set up and get ready to rock out and game FOR 25 HOURS STRAIGHT!  

Remember, every little bit counts, and just $5 from 1000 people will help me achieve my goal of $5000.  Last year, Extra Life raised over $2,000,000!  Let's help them exceed this goal.  Note that ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of donations go directly to the hospitals!  LET'S MAKE THIS AWESOME!!!

• Like 1

I got an email about this from a political group I'm signed up with. https://secure.videogamevoters.org/ I was thinking about doing something for it but didn't really read very far in to the email yet.

Zag, I stream (I have like no followers it's really just for friends that watch it and my own OCD quarterback film watching needs) but I'll do the event with you. Let me know what needs to happen.

EDIT: BattleField Four comes out a few days before this event, being a new and sort of unknown game a lot of people might like watching it streamed. Tbh I'm not sure my PC can handle it streaming BF4 but I can run some tests with BF3 and see what I can work out. 

Edited by Lockybalboa

BUMPING THIS SHIT TO THE TOP!

Tentative Schedule - Still debating moving slots around

8:00a - 9:00a 25m H ICC

9:00a - 10:30a 25m H Ulduar

10:30a-11:00a 25m H Trial of the Crusader

11:00a-12:00p 25m Naxx

12:00p-12:15p 25m Sarth 3D

12:15p-12:30 LUNCH

12:30 - 1:00p 25m H Halion

1:00p - 5:00p 25m Flex SoO Wings 1-4

5:00p - 5:30p 25m Malygos

5:30p - 6:00p 25m Onyxia

6:00p - 8:00p 25m H Blackwing Descent

8:00p - 9:30p 25m H Bastion of Twilight

9:30p - 10:00p 25m H Throne of the Four Winds

10:00p - 11:30p 25m H Firelands

11:30p - 1:00a 25m H Dragon Soul

1:00a - 2:30a 25m H Mogushan Vaults

2:30a - 4:00a 25m H Heart of Fear

4:00a - 6:00a 25m H Terrace of the Endless Spring

6:00a - 9:00a 25m H Throne of Thunder

WHO'S UP FOR BLASTING EVERY RAID FROM TIER 7 THRU TIER 16?!?!?!!

I'm getting some work done on my car that morning but I plan on hopping on once I get home and participating as much as I can! I'll sign up as maybe on Openraid for the ones I'm not sure about. I might have to make a coffee+red bull+adderall cocktail for T14/15...

Oh I am going to be so caffeine and adrenaline ridden by the time we get to Heart of Fear.  Sha of Fear on heroic may be absolutely amazing when half delirious

no, because you're my streamer!  I also have 3-4 more streamers signing up, so it's awesome.  the individual sign ups are for the weaklings who can't make it 25 hours.  hope you enjoy the sound of my voice for that long dude!

My only real question is what time zone is your tentative schedule in? That will be the make or break (most likely) on whether or not I join you for the flex SoO and/or heroic ToT.

OpenRaid shows time based on where you live to not confuse time zones.  Visit the page and the time shown is time directly relevant to YOUR time.

Darn, my toons are alliance, not horde. That and i will likely still be at work during SoO and asleep for ToT.

You can make your own team and form your own raids!  You don't have to join my team...the more teams and awareness out there the better!

If you make your own account on the site you can join the team, but choose your own children's hospital to raise money for. I'm listed on Zagam's team, but anyone that donates through my page will be donating to a local Children's hospital in St. Louis. Then you can do your own thing as far as raiding, streaming, etc. 

Or you can do what the cool kids do and gear up a Horde DK in the next 24 hours. smile.png

• Like 1

If you make your own account on the site you can join the team, but choose your own children's hospital to raise money for. I'm listed on Zagam's team, but anyone that donates through my page will be donating to a local Children's hospital in St. Louis. Then you can do your own thing as far as raiding, streaming, etc. 

Or you can do what the cool kids do and gear up a Horde DK in the next 24 hours. smile.png

By the looks of the raid schedule, you can also gear up WHILE doing the marathon raids lol.

If I could get a BoA to drop off Garrosh my Horde lock would be able to be worth his weight.  I should start playing that toon so I can join in on these Horde Events that keep popping up lol.

Got my donation in, looking forward to seeing some of the streams.

Thanks for donation!  Are you Josh or Craig by chance?

Craig.

I'll see what ilvl I can get my Horde lock too, with BoA should be able to get to 500 at least.  May be available for some of this if your need warm bodies to fill out any of the raids.

I tried to reverse donate to you, but the site was acting weird.  might be a work firewall.  $15 coming your way tonight.

He's donating to my hospital of choice, so I'm donating to his hospital of choice.  That's exactly how donating works.

We better step up the PR 100x if we're going to make your $5000 goal. I set my goal at $100, I think I may be able to convince a few facebook friends to donate $5-10 to the cause.

A lot of PR is coming tomorrow.  I'm going to be front page on OpenRaid with two official streams going.  Tomorrow, anyone on OpenRaid will see every single event I made.  Curiousity will peak.  I figure from there, it gets easy.  $5000 is lofty, but I think it's doable.  $10 from 500 people doesn't seem too difficult!

He's donating to my hospital of choice, so I'm donating to his hospital of choice.  That's exactly how donating works.

Mah bad.  I didn't realize that was how it was working.  I thought you were just reimbursing him.  :P

All the money goes to charity.  Otherwise, I'd just be paying for all the donations.  I ain't that rich, or I would.  I just want some random megastar to be waking up feeling generous and be like 'oh shit, time to offload a quarter mil for some kids!' 

11 hours! maybe I should go to sleep early so i can stay up for 25 hours, lol