FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Destruction Nerf Inevitable

The only time I struggle with Destro in 25 man raid is when there are two other Destro locks and a couple of shadowpriests all sniping for that instant sub-20% killing blow.

The only time I struggle with Destro in 25 man raid is when there are two other Destro locks and a couple of shadowpriests all sniping for that instant sub-20% killing blow.

That's pretty much exactly my situation.  Unfortunately for me, my other Destro buddy is starting to get pretty efficient at it as well.  :P

Just politely remind the Spriests that the second cast of SWD is a DPS loss.

Like "HEY FREAKING IDIOTS THOSE ARE MY WALKING EMBERS, FUCK OFF"?

Like "HEY FREAKING IDIOTS THOSE ARE MY WALKING EMBERS, FUCK OFF"?

More like "um, hey...baddies...Im sure you know this since it's your class but just a reminder, casting a second SW:P within 9 seconds of casting the first SW:P is a fairly solid DPS loss...can you make sure to NOT do that since it not only hurts your DPS but all of the warlocks DPS as well? kthx."

More like "um, hey...baddies...Im sure you know this since it's your class but just a reminder, casting a second SW:P within 9 seconds of casting the first SW:P is a fairly solid DPS loss...can you make sure to NOT do that since it not only hurts your DPS but all of the warlocks DPS as well? kthx."

Basically this ^

Ah well, in the meantime...*crosses fingers for PBI tomorrow*

Just as Monkplayers become afflicted with ADHD, as soon as they choose this class or Huntards in classic with notorious greediness(Ashkandihunter ftw), we warlocks become suddenly afflicted with survivors guilt, as soon as we roll this class. While all the other classes are celebrating if they are the top-dds, every warlock beginns to question himself "why me...why am i at the top...why not a mage...or a rogue..WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? I think we have to be nerfed...yes thats the only solution".

b2t

If Destruction will be nerfed, then good warlockplayers will find a way to dominate with some other specc. 

Edited by Silverman

b2t

If Destruction will be nerfed, then good warlockplayers will find a way to dominate with some other specc. 

Or the same spec... honestly nerfs aren't the end of the world.  A good player who knows their class/spec will always perform well and a 10% nerf to one spell (I just made that number up! don't read into it) isn't going to ruin their DPS.  Destro is in a very good spot right now, and still will be after the inevitable nerf.

Or the same spec... honestly nerfs aren't the end of the world.  A good player who knows their class/spec will always perform well and a 10% nerf to one spell (I just made that number up! don't read into it) isn't going to ruin their DPS.  Destro is in a very good spot right now, and still will be after the inevitable nerf.

A 10% nerf to a spell could effectively kill a spec.

A 10% nerf to a spell could effectively kill a spec.

Didn't kill affliction when they nerfed Agony by 15% and Haunt bonus by 5%.

Didn't kill affliction when they nerfed Agony by 15% and Haunt bonus by 5%.

Because affliction was too OP, nerf incinerate's ember generation by 10%, you will have killed the spec.

Because affliction was too OP, nerf incinerate's ember generation by 10%, you will have killed the spec.

How would you do that exactly...?

It generates one emberbit on cast, one extra for crit.

How do you reduce 1-2 complete emberbits by 10%? go down to hundreths of emberbits?

How would you do that exactly...?

It generates one emberbit on cast, one extra for crit.

How do you reduce 1-2 complete emberbits by 10%? go down to hundreths of emberbits?

Well, you could make them have a 10% chance not to generate embers.

ALL parses are useless as it shows the bad, the dead, and the should-delete-their-toons-and-sell-their-accounts-because-their-dps-hurts-my-brain as well as the people that know what they are doing.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=2

Half way down, the raid completed list. Even someone that does Flex Wing 1-4 has more progression than most of the people that play WoW. To me this is my boggling to know, I truly can't understand why someone would play a MMO and NOT do end game content. But I've never casually play a game in my life so that mind set is outside of my ability to understand.

I missed your question, sorry. The line of posts is a little far back so I'll put this refresher in, person #1) said that GoSac needed to be nerfed to bring the warlock specs in to line, person #2) said that it was our mastery/high ilvl that made GoSac so good, I stated that it was KTT that broke GoSac, Llion asked why KTT did that.

GoSac by itself is okay for destro, not amazing, not bad, but on par. If you take in to account that it gets rid of that ANNOY GOD DAMN PET, then it becomes very nice - but thats a personally fight by fight line of thinking.

What makes GoSac REALLY good is if you use KTT with it. KTT does nothing for pets, Aff a pet is ~10% of your DPS, Demo a pet is ~25% of your DPS, destro again ~10%. KTT doing almost nothing for them makes it a little on the weak side. BUT if you SAC the pet you buff your main ability AND you give your CB a DoT, all of which procs off of KTT and is buffed by KTT, thus taking GoSac from okay to AMAZING.

This is one of the reasons why destro is doing SO well. KTT is amazing for it and PBI is just amazing. These play well with GoSac and can do some really epic damage.

Do you recommend going GoSac once getting KTT? I've had warforged bindings and just got normal KTT last night. I would love to not have to use a pet, but I'm not sure if its optimal.

Also, I have tier shoulders and chest. I'm using the chest, but waiting on using the shoulders, as I have Ordos shoulders right now. Is it a good idea to ditch the warforged shoulders for the lower ilvl 2 piece? Or should I just wait it out until I get gloves and pants for the 4 piece? I have heroic helm off of immerseus and heroic gloves off of noru. I'm thinking it'd be best to use the helm as my offpiece.

Edited by Peatzah

I would recommend it.  I don't know what your ilvl is overall, but you should get good use out of it.

I would recommend it.  I don't know what your ilvl is overall, but you should get good use out of it.

Sorry I had a million questions in there, so I'm not sure whats being recommended. So you're saying to use GoSac, ditch the warforged shoulders for my 2 piece, and ditching the heroic gloves and warforged pants for tier when I get them?

Is the 4 piece really outweigh the ilvl difference in gear?

My armory link is working in my signature now, I'm currently sitting at ilvl 563.

You also edited those extra questions in.  :P

I'm saying to use GoSac.  Keep in mind that when using it that it's even more important to land buffed CB's.  The DoT damage they do that's added from using GoSac is based on the original hit, so make them count.  :)

2-piece for Destruction isn't that hot.  I would keep your warforged for now until you can nab the 4-piece, which *is* good.  Think of it as a mini-game.  The 4-piece gives you the ability to have 15% more crit for 50% of the fight.  What kind of % can you maintain?

2-piece for Destruction isn't that hot.  I would keep your warforged for now until you can nab the 4-piece, which *is* good.  Think of it as a mini-game.  The 4-piece gives you the ability to have 15% more crit for 50% of the fight.  What kind of % can you maintain?

33% max*

You also edited those extra questions in.  tongue.png

I'm saying to use GoSac.  Keep in mind that when using it that it's even more important to land buffed CB's.  The DoT damage they do that's added from using GoSac is based on the original hit, so make them count.  smile.png

Heh, I did edit those in. I realized there we're more questions I needed answered after I already posted.

Does your playstyle change at all once obtaining the 4 piece? Right now the rotation is pretty basic. I CB when I hit 3.5 embers and use all CBs that I have available when KTT/bindings proc is up, ignoring lightweave and jade spirit for CBs.

My first thought is that you would sometimes unload a CB as soon as filling an ember for the 15% crit when using the 4 piece. That seems like a bad idea though, as it goes against everything destro is about. (unloading buffed CBs, even more important now when using GoSac) Do you just use that 15% crit time to generate additional embers?

33% max*

10 second ICD with a 5 second duration.  Maff.

Heh, I did edit those in. I realized there we're more questions I needed answered after I already posted.

Does your playstyle change at all once obtaining the 4 piece? Right now the rotation is pretty basic. I CB when I hit 3.5 embers and use all CBs that I have available when KTT/bindings proc is up, ignoring lightweave and jade spirit for CBs.

My first thought is that you would sometimes unload a CB as soon as filling an ember for the 15% crit when using the 4 piece. That seems like a bad idea though, as it goes against everything destro is about. (unloading buffed CBs, even more important now when using GoSac) Do you just use that 15% crit time to generate additional embers?

It depends on the situation.  If you're rocking a ton of buffs when it procs, then go ahead with that CB.  Other times you might actually need to generate Embers, in which case firing off an Immolate and Incinerate might be more practical.

It depends on the situation.  If you're rocking a ton of buffs when it procs, then go ahead with that CB.  Other times you might actually need to generate Embers, in which case firing off an Immolate and Incinerate might be more practical.

If Immolate snapshots the crit buff, that seems like a good idea. I'm not sure if it will or not though.