Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft patch 5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this list as additional hotfixes are applied.
- Siege of Orgrimmar: Feature Overview
- 5.4 Patch Notes
- 5.4 Known Issues
- Technical Support & Troubleshooting
- Death Knight
- Reduced Death Strike's healing by 50% for Blood Death Knights in Arenas.
- The Dream of Cenarius effect is now removed when the Druid switches talents.
- Class Armor
- Resolved an issue that could cause the Tier-16 2-piece set bonus Frozen Thoughts to be consumed without effect.
- Tier-15 4-piece set bonus now increases the effects of Arcane Charges by 5% per stack (down from 20% per stack).
- Class Armor
- Tigereye Brew and Mana Tea gains from Chi Brew now correctly benefit from Mastery: Bottled Fury and Brewing: Mana Tea.
- Mastery: Echo of Light's healing has been increased by 4%.
- Damage from Soul Link should no longer incorrectly activate the Voidlord's Void Shield effect.
- Archimonde's Darkness' effect should now be correctly removed when the Warlock switches talents or glyphs.
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- The number of guild members needed to be considered a guild Group in Flexible difficulty has been reduced. Previously, the number of guild members required in Flexible difficulty didn’t account for the scaling group size. It now requires 80% of the current group size, rounded down.
- Siege of Orgrimmar
- The number of Look Within orbs spawned by Norushen in Flexible difficulty will now round up instead of down, so that the ratio of orbs to players is never worse than on Normal difficulty.
- Reduced the health of ranking officials and foot soldiers in Phase 1 of the encounter on 10-player Normal difficulty.
- The portal leading back to the Vault of Y'Shaarj can no longer be used while in combat.
- Kor'kron Dark Shaman
- Ashen Wall, Toxic Storm, Toxic Mist, Foul Stream, and Foul Geyser now deal less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Spoils of Pandaria
- Reduced the health of most of the creatures during the Spoils of Pandaria encounter on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Having multiple players start the encounter should no longer incorrectly cause the timer to count down rapidly.
- Thok the Bloodthirsty
- Captive Cave Bats on Raid Finder difficulty will no longer incorrectly drop Normal difficulty loot.
- Garrosh Hellscream
- Garrosh Hellscream should now use his abilities more predictably when starting Stage Three: MY WORLD.
- Hellscream's Warsong now grants a 75% increase to Physical damage dealt and health (down from 125%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Touch of Y'Shaarj now has a 4-second cast time for players (up from 3 seconds) on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Reduced the health of Minions of Y'shaarj on Raid Finder difficulty.
- [Requires a realm restart.] Kor'kron Reapers now deal less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
- [Requires a realm restart.] Minion of Y'Shaarj's Empowering Corruption now heals for 15% of health (down from 30%) and increases damage dealt by 20% (down from 50%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
- [Requires a realm restart.] Harbinger of Y'Shaarj's Y'Shaarj Touched now heals for 2% of health per second (down from 5%) and increases damage dealt by 20% (down from 50%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Mogu'shan Vaults
- Resolved an issue that prevented players from completing the Straight Six achievement.
Battlegrounds and Arenas
- [Requires a realm restart.] Silvershard Mines: The eastern mine cart now doesn't spawn in until shortly after the gates open.
- [Requires a realm restart.] The Crowd Chose You has been removed and replaced with a debuff called Dampening.
- [Requires a realm restart.] For Arena matches that last more than 10 minutes, all players in the Arena will begin to receive Dampening.
- Dampening is a stacking debuff applied to all players in the Arena every 10 seconds.
- Each stack of Dampening reduces all healing and damage absorption by 1%.
- If neither team has won after 20 minutes, the Arena match will end in a draw.
- Necrotic Strike's healing absorption is not affected by Dampening.
- Players who pick up a Shadow Sight orb will be unable to stealth for the duration of the effect.
- Timeless Treasures: Weekly treasure chests on the Timeless Isle can now grant credit towards completing this quest.
- Noodle cart chefs will now receive a well-fed buff while serving other players bowls of noodle soup.
- Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia's should no longer be incorrectly activating from actions that aren't helpful spells.
- Ticking Ebon Detonator's should no longer be incorrectly activating from actions that aren't attacks.
- Protection Paladins are now eligible to receive the following items with via personal loot (Raid Finder and Flexible difficulty) and bonus rolls (all difficulty modes).
- Siege of Orgrimmar: Bubble-Burst Bracers, Corruption-Rotted Gauntlets, Darkfallen Shoulderplates, Demolisher's Reinforced Belt, Legplates of Unthinking Strife, Poisonbinder Girth, and Thranok's Shattering Helm.
- Ordos: Magdalena's Murderous Crown, Partik's Purified Legplates, Remnar's Ruinous Girdle, Rossi's Rosin-Soaked Shoulderplates, and Vanguard's Burly Bracers.