FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dalte

Destruction PVE - Non Raiding

Ok...I don't raid...at least not very seldom. On occasion, I will join LFR (and 98% of the time I am in top 6-7 DPS) but for the most part, I just run around doing dailies, trying to get my gear up as good as possible w/o subjecting myself to the weekly rigors of a scheduled raid time. I was doing alright, too, I thought. I have a 532 iLevel and was killing things fairly quickly. I recently ran the "ask Mr. Robot" and he has me changing out all my 160 intel gems for expertise and mastery and since then, my spell power has dropped - and my killing time has increased dramatically. Are there changes  going on I don't know about or is everything here so focused on raiding that I should just go with what works for me?

Seldom are raid stat weights equal to solo stat weights. The way mrrobot, simcraft, or any other site will weigh your stats is to provide maximum damage over the course of a ~5-10 minute fight. This means that you'll be dealing greater DPS, but could definitely see an increase in kill-time due to issues like "my immolate and 2x incinerate is bringing the target to ~23% HP, because they are individually hitting for less. 

That's just my best guess.

What Astynax said, and AMR just sucks. Yes, yes, I've heard the "if you use it right and put in your own weights everything works right" but I find that to be a little stupid as AMR doesn't really tell people that very well. (mid post rant! If you make a site that is designed for casuals to use casually and you promote yourself as being the savior of the casual, then you have the responsibility to do so correctly and in a manner that is foolproof. Otherwise you do the gamers that use your site a cruel disservice by the deliberate spread of misinformation.) I've had this exact argument with the creators of AMR but didn't very far past their party line.

Anyways, my rant aside, you're not looking for DPS. You're looking for raw burst. Imo, you should be looking at mastery>int>haste>crit. No, I don't have any math to back this up with this is simply what I *think* will be the most soloing bursty.

If you're willing to drop some coin in gems, play around with it. Full mastery, full haste, full int, full crit, see what you like most and go with it. If you're short of gold or don't care that much, I think you'll be well served with mastery>int>haste>crit.

• Like 1