FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
calfel

Getting back to healing

I suppose this is more of a theory crafting question than an improvement question. Starting soon I will be healing with a disc priest whom I know prefers to focus entirely on damage mitigation and leaves "pure" healing to his partner. In the past this has worked out rather well as I can usually focus on through put and don't have to worry about over heal situations (more likely for the raid to not take the damage in the first place).

With this in mind, last tier I went for the 6k haste breakpoint followed by mastery and sprinkling in spirit as needed. Is that still viable this tier? So far the flexes I've healed even my meager spirit (I went int instead of spirit last tier) has felt like overkill.

This tier, the Tranquility breakpoints are the goalposts. If you can reach 13k, then go for the 13,163 breakpoint for the second extra tick. Otherwise you can drop all the way down to 3,043 for just the first extra tick. Drop the rest into Mastery. I'm assuming you've got the legendary meta, so favor Int again and use your favorite way to track the procs so you take advantage.

well asmusing that this is for a resto druid and not a priest. there are 2 type od ruid out there one that the stats are haste>mast

or mast>haste. both work. i have pushed for the 3 rd break point and im there. why my mastery is way lower then other durids i get more tick over all then most so i offen out heal pure mast druids.

Hi Calfel,

I have done a fair bit of testing in this tier as at eh beginning I wasn't keeping up with my other healers.

I found that once your gear physically wont let you get to the 3034 haste cap (you are always over it with reforging and gemming away) to go to the 6652 haste cap then work your spirit to how you like it. I run with about 12k spirit as this suites my play style. I have found that since them I am now keeping up/beating other people on meters. In my guild I currently have a healing set up of Resto Druid / Resto shammy as our main healers (Me been the dudu) I do NOT have the meta or the cape but I still keep up with the shammy (normally within 10-20k HPS) who has higher ilvl then myself and also has cloak and meta. Majority of fights I endup on around 100-120k HPS depending on which fight it is.

I am currently 1/14 HC and we have only used 3 healers on Immerseus HC.

Stat prio I work with is Haste (6652) > Spirit (Around 12k is good I find) >Mastery. 

I have found this works like a dream in 10 man. I use Prismatic Prison of Pride and Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity as my trinkets and have found these to be best for the stat prio I follow! 

Hope this helps  drop me a message for any more advise.

Edited by Spacehopper317

Thanks for that reply Spacehopper!

I definitely wasn't liking the 3034 haste point as it felt like I was getting similar if not slightly less than the 6652 and I had a lot of wasted haste since I just couldn't get below about 5k. 

I know for spirit, once you get your meta gem, it just isn't an issue. I'm was usually running with about 9k, although my armor set has me unable to go below 12k. Bit of a funny issue to have I suppose. The cloak also makes resto druid healing a little on the crazy side since overheals are my bane, but the cloak procs often enough it has had a massive effect.

For trinkets, I'm currently running with the flex Prism and Horridon's Last Gasp (luck, it isn't a thing). The latter trinket might be influencing my lack of need for spirit at the moment.