FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ertai

RAID ID nowadays

Hi;

I was wondering how does raid ID works nowadays.

For exemple:

-Week 1: I kill 12 boss of siege of ogrimmar with Group "A" (all in normal mode)

The RL decides to extend the ID in order to focus on last boss

-Week 2: I kill 10 boss of siege of ogrimmar with Group "B" (but some of them in Heroic mode)

At the end of week 2; will i be able to join the extended ID of Group "A" ?

My first opinion was that i will be able to because group "A" have more dead boss in the extended ID than i have killed at the beginning of week 2 with group "B" but i have some doubts because i don't know if killing bosses in heroic mode changes things?

Thanks for answers from people who have no doubts about the answer/people who have already tested it.

Normal lockouts can be shared. Heroic cannot.

If you killed (or even wiped) to a heroic boss you are locked to that heroic ID. That means you cannot do heroic bosses with any other group that has killed heroics with a separate group.

For normal, you are eligible to do any boss with any group assuming you have not killed that boss this week.

As for extending heroic lockouts, that is the same thing. You cannot do heroics one week and then join someone else's extended heroic lockout.

You can think of it as if normal is your personal lockout while heroic is a group lockout.

So if i kill 8 boss in heroic mode with group "A" wenesday, i will be able to join the extended tag of group "B" who has killed 10 boss in normal mode (and continue in normal mode) on sunday the same week?

Is that how it works?

To answer your question: yes.

To elaborate on what the above poster said, group A can do their own heroics theoretically and you can still join them on normal assuming you both have not killed the boss you are attempting

Normal lockouts can be shared. Heroic cannot.

If you killed (or even wiped) to a heroic boss you are locked to that heroic ID. That means you cannot do heroic bosses with any other group that has killed heroics with a separate group.

Slight correction: Wiping to a heroic boss doesn't lock you -- zoning into a heroic instance that has a boss down locks you. If, for instance, you zone into a fresh heroic SoO and wipe and wipe and wipe to Immerseus, you won't be locked to a raid ID. If, however, the group already killed Immerseus (normal OR heroic) and then switched it to heroic and you zoned in, you'd be locked.

• Like 1

One last thing building on what Belloc said. joining a heroic lockout that has bosses down will also lock you out of normal up to that point.

So for example in normal if you join a group working on normal Thokk but they fail, you can leave the group and still go join a fresh SoO run, because you never got locked to anything.

If you join a group working on heroic Sha though, even if they don't kill the boss you are now locked out of all bosses before sha. so if you try to find a normal group later in the week it will have to be sha or later.

• Like 1