FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Destruu

Tier6 talent recommendations for arcane

Why doesn't the guide list Incanter's Ward being great for arcane with movement?

It was much worse than RoP in T15 because the (4) set bonus increased overall mana costs by ~15%, now that T15 has been nerfed and we get to shoot missiles like a machine gun Incanter's Ward no longer brings up bigger mana issues if you need to move.

It should be listed as awesome for bosses with movement, say Siegecrafter conveyor belt and overall there's a lot of little movements in that fight.

Why doesn't the guide list Incanter's Ward being great for arcane with movement?

Incanter's Ward still gives only a +6% passive damage boost while Rune of Power gives +15%. That's the main reason.

However I'm more than interested to hear what kind of raid setup you are running if you are even thinking about sending an Arcane mage to Siegecrafter's belt.
  • Like 3

It was much worse than RoP in T15 because the (4) set bonus increased overall mana costs by ~15%, now that T15 has been nerfed and we get to shoot missiles like a machine gun Incanter's Ward no longer brings up bigger mana issues if you need to move.

It should be listed as awesome for bosses with movement, say Siegecrafter conveyor belt and overall there's a lot of little movements in that fight.

There are not always fight where you can reliable soak damage to consume the shield, thus you'd miss 9% extra damage during most of the encounter. Also, when incanter's energy is active, the passive mana restoration is deactivated, so you cannot stay as high mana level as with RoP. It is still better even on movement fights to cleverly place your rune and reduce movement as much as possible.

Incanter's Ward still gives only a +6% passive damage boost while Rune of Power gives +15%. That's the main reason.

However I'm more than interested to hear what kind of raid setup you are running if you are even thinking about sending an Arcane mage to Siegecrafter's belt.

You deserve my like, sir!

• Like 1

If you need to move ~constantly IW should be better even with less damage %, since you can stop&go without wasting 2-3 seconds casting RoP. (twice if you need to change loc. there and here)

Like on Immerseus heroic, you got to constantly move around a little and when the adds are in pack you gotta move in quickly and move out quickly. If I use ~1,2 seconds while i'm there to cast RoP the adds are already ~50% health and that RoP gets wasted.

Also, my current raid is full of people that don't know the tactics for other people in the raid. As I did the belt before I swapped to arcane, I'm doing it now too to avoid useless wipes. With IW the fight is a blast and doesn't hurt my dps.

Edited by Destruu

Immerseus is just about the most annoying fight I can imagine for using RoP. I would fully support using IW and activating the shield after the Split phase.

Those fights are pretty rare to see, but I should aggree that if you can realiably consume your shield, you can easily go for the ward.

Those fights are pretty rare to see, but I should aggree that if you can realiably consume your shield, you can easily go for the ward.

But I will lose half of my mana regen for 25 seconds, isn't that a much bigger damage loss rather than 9% from absorb?

But I will lose half of my mana regen for 25 seconds, isn't that a much bigger damage loss rather than 9% from absorb?

Due to the constant moving you won't be able to cast enough Arcane Blast that it would hurt you. In fact, just try it out ;)

Immerseus is just about the most annoying fight I can imagine for using RoP. I would fully support using IW and activating the shield after the Split phase.

5.4 increased the range of our rune, so you start in the middle and move <^>>vv<< before you have to recast. It's kind of like line dancing without all of that annoying country music in the background...or, in this case, thinking inside the box >.>

• Like 1

5.4 increased the range of our rune, so you start in the middle and move <^>>vv<< before you have to recast. It's kind of like line dancing without all of that annoying country music in the background...or, in this case, thinking inside the box >.>

What about the swirls, tho? :)

Well, yeah, you blink to the back wall and work your way forward to an open spot for a new rune. At least, that's what I do.

• Like 1