FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Astynax

What's your destro haste threshold??

Currently playing around with reforge strats to bump myself over 200k dps. Tonight I stumbled upon the fact that I can hit about 120% mastery with my gear. The issue being it causes me to sacrifice some crit, and a lot of haste, taking me down to only 11.3%. Tested this on a target dummy, and I was oom in thirty seconds, even with good jade spirit proc uptime. So, clearly I took too much haste, but I can't seem to find the number that is "enough"

Currently playing around with reforge strats to bump myself over 200k dps. Tonight I stumbled upon the fact that I can hit about 120% mastery with my gear. The issue being it causes me to sacrifice some crit, and a lot of haste, taking me down to only 11.3%. Tested this on a target dummy, and I was oom in thirty seconds, even with good jade spirit proc uptime. So, clearly I took too much haste, but I can't seem to find the number that is "enough"

This has nothing to do with your reforge and everything to do with your rotation.  Are you just spamming Incinerate?  Also, without raid Haste, you're losing out on Mana regen as well as basic Haste.  I raid at 21k Mastery, 8k Haste and 6k Crit.  I never come close to going OOM.

Simply burning off an ember on CB regularly to avoid capping (i.e., casting CB at 3.5 embers) should be enough to keep your mana going.

This has nothing to do with your reforge and everything to do with your rotation.  Are you just spamming Incinerate?  Also, without raid Haste, you're losing out on Mana regen as well as basic Haste.  I raid at 21k Mastery, 8k Haste and 6k Crit.  I never come close to going OOM.

No. reapplying immo at the end of duration. Keeping conflag on CD. Burning charges on incin unless something weird happens and I need a procced CB NOAW! I think I'm performing it adequately....?

I ran all the bosses as Destro with sub 5k haste and did not go OOM on any of the fights (raid haste buffed, of course).

Only time I come close to running OOM is by using Rain of Fire and non-Backdraft Incinerates too much.

Do you have the Legendary Meta Gem?

Do you have the Legendary Meta Gem?

unfortunately, no. =( I'm just needing to bump my meters up to over 200k somehow, since I just got pulled into a SoO raid team I'm woefully underperforming for (better than 9 manning it, I guess....) and I'm only like 20-30k dps away from that, but IDK how I ought to reach that. I figured it was by taking haste away, since I've been sitting at ~20%. But that hasn't helped.

Edited by Astynax

unfortunately, no. =( I'm just needing to bump my meters up to over 200k somehow, since I just got pulled into a SoO raid team I'm woefully underperforming for (better than 9 manning it, I guess....) and I'm only like 20-30k dps away from that, but IDK how I ought to reach that. I figured it was by taking haste away, since I've been sitting at ~20%. But that hasn't helped.

Ah...get that gem and your mana problems will dissapear.

Ah...get that gem and your mana problems will dissapear.

When you figure out how to let me get 2k valor in one week, let me know. =( lol

2k valor in a week, then 20 secrets (2-3 weeks), then 12 runestones (2-3 weeks). :D

If you want to know how to boost your DPS, get some logs. Read Zagam's FAQ and guide on reading WoL and look at them. If you still need help, many of us are more than happy to sit down with a log and help find how to improve. Post them in the forums for us to look at. If you're nervous about putting it before public scrutiny, you can always send me a PM, and I know Zagam will let you send him a PM as well (he gets a lot of them, though, so it might take him a bit). Also, if I'm not particularly busy in game, send me a message on BNet and I'll look at them.

All I can tell you is that your legendary meta gem and legendary cloak are together worth a LOT of DPS. It's perfectly normal for the cloak proc to be 5% of your damage on a fight. Tempest Repit may or may not add a similar amount, depending on your spec (obviously better for Affliction), RNG, and how well you're able to take advantage of its procs. If you don't have PBI yet, it's a 10-20k DPS gain at lower gear levels and only gets better. KTT normal mode is an immediate 5% gain for Destro, and nearly as much for Aff (not quite the full amount since pets don't proc). BBoY will be an even better gain for Aff due to the sheer magnitude of the Int proc. If you don't have a normal mode weapon, that's going to hold you back some, too (though, being honest, I can still hit 275k on a single target fight like Juggernaut with only a flex weapon).  If you're at 180k DPS, LMG and cloak alone will put you over 200k.

2k valor in a week, then 20 secrets (2-3 weeks), then 12 runestones (2-3 weeks). biggrin.png

If you want to know how to boost your DPS, get some logs. Read Zagam's FAQ and guide on reading WoL and look at them. If you still need help, many of us are more than happy to sit down with a log and help find how to improve. Post them in the forums for us to look at. If you're nervous about putting it before public scrutiny, you can always send me a PM, and I know Zagam will let you send him a PM as well (he gets a lot of them, though, so it might take him a bit). Also, if I'm not particularly busy in game, send me a message on BNet and I'll look at them.

All I can tell you is that your legendary meta gem and legendary cloak are together worth a LOT of DPS. It's perfectly normal for the cloak proc to be 5% of your damage on a fight. Tempest Repit may or may not add a similar amount, depending on your spec (obviously better for Affliction), RNG, and how well you're able to take advantage of its procs. If you don't have PBI yet, it's a 10-20k DPS gain at lower gear levels and only gets better. KTT normal mode is an immediate 5% gain for Destro, and nearly as much for Aff (not quite the full amount since pets don't proc). BBoY will be an even better gain for Aff due to the sheer magnitude of the Int proc. If you don't have a normal mode weapon, that's going to hold you back some, too (though, being honest, I can still hit 275k on a single target fight like Juggernaut with only a flex weapon).  If you're at 180k DPS, LMG and cloak alone will put you over 200k.

Unless the way that this quest calculates valor is different from the normal valor system (in which case, screw you too blizz), you can only gain 1000 valor/week??

Trying to get logs running. I'm working on fixing the stuff I know I'm doing bad in the meantime. I know I suck, and my guild reminds me often, lol, so public scrutiny is fine. I've just had issues with WoL.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Astynax/simple

My armory. Currently in LFR PBI and KTT, plus the flex loom staff. We've already run flex for the week, and I've done up to malk with the main raid team for the guild. Currently trying to figure out who I have to give sexual favors to get a new belt.....

Edited by Astynax
  • Like 1

Okay, looking at your gear now has me wondering: which fights are you doing a little under 200k on? This could either be you're playing near perfectly with that gear and are held back only by that, or it could mean you're playing kind of average and we have stuff to fix.

Add me on BNet and I'll see if I can jump in with you on a flex or something to see a little gist of things until you can get the log situation going.

As far as a belt goes, save up some gold and get the tailoring 553 belt made. With the way spirit prices are plummeting on servers, it shouldn't cost you too terribly much.

Okay, looking at your gear now has me wondering: which fights are you doing a little under 200k on? This could either be you're playing near perfectly with that gear and are held back only by that, or it could mean you're playing kind of average and we have stuff to fix.

As far as a belt goes, save up some gold and get the tailoring 553 belt made. With the way spirit prices are plummeting on servers, it shouldn't cost you too terribly much.

I'll do that for the belt. Just a matter of making the gold. ATM my server has it at 10k, but we'll see if that's very adequate, as I only just checked. 

The fights I pulled ~180k on were....

Fallen prot- I pulled around 170, but that was in aff, since it's how I'm used to playing the fight, and I didn't know I was going to be finishing the raid.

Sha of prid I was pulling around 170-180, and once we reached boss phase of gal my DPS went to around 160-170.... I had a wing 3 lfr the other day where I took 170k on malk, and only got beat by a BM monk who solo tanked it an had all the vengances.... but that was no pre-pot, no flask.

Edit: also, I wasn't reforged there. I've lowered my hit and all that good stuff.

Edit 2: Did some LFRs today. WoL couldn't access my combat log?? But long story short in wing 1 with a buddy healer, I pulled ~ 175k on protectors and sha, and about 185-190k on Nouroshen [but to be fair, I was the first one to get ported to the other realm, and then I proceeded to tunnel the boss like a mad man, only avoiding the beam of death. The sha fight I used self reflection as an ember farm, and spammed CBs every time the boss used that ability.

Edited by Astynax