FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

Haste vs Mastery

Last week our 10-men static moved from 3 to 2 healers - me and resto druid.

Yesterday we raided first time in this setup, and now i see in logs that we did 100% effective hps on boss fights. It was tough for us, 'cuz the static's ilvl is somewhere between 540-550 and people likes to stand in fire :-).

logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/64lnppatf5ptsxuz/sum/healingDone/

my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eversong/%D0%A2%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%88%D0%B0/advanced

i got boots, neck and trinket from yesterday raid, so today i'll upgrade boots and trinket 2/2.

So my question is: would i continue to stack haste (i really like it) or because of our new setup i have to move to mastery? or something else?

Any help plz?

Having 2-healed much of 10N SoO in my raid group, I'd say that a Haste build is perfectly viable so long as you have the Legendairy Meta. The most important thing is clever use of all your cooldowns and good healer communication. Some fights require the DPS to drop healing cooldowns too, but they should be able to handle that if you use voice communication software.

sure, we use TC.

so what do you think about such weights:

Intellect - 1

Spellpower - 0.75

Spirit (up to 12000) - 0.75

Haste (up to 11451) - 0.7

Crit - 0.45

mastery - 0.4

Spirit (after 12000) - 0 (?)

haste (after 11451) - ?

sure, we use TC.

If you mean Telluric Currents, it's a waste of a Glyph and barely gets you any regen at all. Not worth the effort - spend the cast time deciding when the next spike is coming up.

Your stat weights aren't bad but I'd suggest a change to simplify it;

Intellect - 1

Spellpower - 0.75

Spirit (up to 12000) - 0.75

Haste (up to 11451) - 0.7

Crit - 0.45

mastery - 0.4

Spirit (after 12000) - 0 (?)

haste (after 11451) - ?

Haste is just insane anyway :) If you wanted to have some Crit as well I'd take;

Intellect - 1

Spellpower - 0.8

Haste (up to 7613) - 0.75 (with the talent Ancestral Swiftness)

Spirit (up to 12000) - 0.7

Haste (past 7613) - 0.5

Crit - 0.45

mastery - 0.4

Or that type of setup.

If you mean Telluric Currents, it's a waste of a Glyph and barely gets you any regen at all. Not worth the effort - spend the cast time deciding when the next spike is coming up.

nono-))

you asked if we use any program to talk, so i said that we use Teamspeak

and i prefer haste in any ways. so if it's not a waste after 33%, i'll stack with it

thanks a lot

Edited by Trollsha

I tried it all the way up to about 35% and it was good, but I've started putting myself up to about 10k then pushing into Crit because I like the variety. Generally I think that Mastery is best kept around 50% (ish) but that depends highly on composition.

can you explain to me please why would i choose ancestral swiftness in talents? i see it as a real waste. one instant cast of GH in 1.5 minutes, rly? and raid spell haste i get from the other raid mates. or do i make a mistake?

can you explain to me please why would i choose ancestral swiftness in talents? i see it as a real waste. one instant cast of GH in 1.5 minutes, rly? and raid spell haste i get from the other raid mates. or do i make a mistake?

If it helps you hit an important breakpoint, then you can reforge around it to make the most of it. If it's easy to hit the breakpoint without Ancestral Swiftness, there's no need to use it and you'll be better off with Elemental Mastery.

5+5?

i think it does not stacks. am i wrong?

It definitely stacks. It helps to reack the 30% breakpoint where the LMG starts saving you tons of mana. That, and the instacast is clutch on some fights (especially Thok).

Elemental Mastery is awesome if you need extra burst, but I haven't encountered a single fight this tier (on Normal) where I need MORE burst spells to use. The Passive is nicer in many ways, and I have it on permanently until my gear level gets to the point where I don't need it for the equivalent stat gain.

omg... i'm ashamed :-( i read many times about this talent and always read as Does NOT stacks with raid buffs.... shame on me..

so Stoove, help me plz to understand: if i have now 28.46% haste without talent and without raid buff AND have Prismatic prison of pride 561 ilvl, would AS buff me or it's just a waste in my position?

With the raid buff that should take you over the "breakpoint". I put it in quotes because the more Haste you have, the easier it is to use the LMG even when you're above it. So what I'm saying is yes - it will probably still benefit you in allowing you to use the LMG better.

Don't be afraid to switch out of it for fights where you need the burst though :)

Guest WeeWilly

interesting, very interesting.  TY Stoove and everybody for an interesting read.  Not playing a healer of any type, I never knew what some of your problems are.  This will make me try to use more of my own healing for not only my pet, but for myself as well when raiding. And I promise, I won't stand in fire or other bad stuff on the floor.  biggrin.png

-wee willy (and don't forget the Roo)

Edited by WeeWilly