Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ceraius

Frost and Arcane uniform gearset

3 posts in this topic

Heyas!

I'm currently in the process of leveling a mage for myself. He's probably not going to see any HC action and I assume very little normals either. Mostly LFR and Flex.

I intend to run with frost and arcane for the specs. With that in mind, is there a way to gear one set for both specs?

I've recently stumbled upon a post somewhere in the forums about a mastery heavy set that'd work for both, and I have tried to find the post again but to no avail. I'm aware it will probably render at least one of the specs slightly sub optimal, but seeing as I don't plan to go cutting edge raiding with it, I'm not too concerned. I'm just wondering how much output I'm giving up if I do that.

What are the exact stat weights for Frost and Arcane? I've tried looking for em, but no luck with that either. (I'm starting to think I suck at research tongue.png )

Edited by Ceraius

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Archimage
      Wanted to share this:

• By Fenodoree
      Hi everyone. I've a question, What spect should we roll for 7.1.5?
      So patch notes for 7.1.5 (November the 29th) are out.
      And I have 2 things to remark
      1.Strong buff to Arcane Mana cost for Arcane Blast has been reduced from 125% to 60% per Arcane Charge, since they are mana dependent. This does not apply It Was a tooltip bug.
      2.Almost all fire skills were buffed in damage, Fireball,Flame Blast, PyroBlast, Scorch, FlameStrike, CinderStorm,Meteor,Conflag and Phoenix's Flames. BUT Critical Mass % was reduced from 15% to 10% and Pyretic Incantation was nerfed from 5% per stack  to 2% per stack = 15%  less damage from consecutive Critical Strikes.
      I haven't done the math yet, but since Arcane has gotten a lot of buffs lately, and Fire is getting "balanced" (Since i've no idea how the patch will afect fire dps), and Frost Topping dps in rankings, and with no significant buffs or nerfs in the patch notes i suppose they will stay in tops.
      So if anyone would be so kind to enlighten me what spect you guys think it would be the best for 7.1.5 and why.

• By Archimage
      Macros for mage talents in 7.1 just putting it out there:   Frost: /use [talent:1/1] Ray of Frost; [talent:1/2] Lonely Winter; [talent:1/3] Bone Chilling
      /use [talent:2/1] Shimmer; [talent:2/2] Cauterize; [talent:2/3] Cold Snap
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Ice Nova; [talent:4/2] Frozen Touch; [talent:4/3] Splitting Ice
      /use [talent:5/1] Ice Floes; [talent:5/2] Ring of Frost; [talent:5/3] Ice Ward
      /use [talent:6/1] Frost Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Artic Gale
      /use [talent:7/1] Thermal Void; [talent:7/2] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/3] Comet Storm   Fire: /use [talent:1/1] Pyromaniac; [talent:1/2] Conflagration; [talent:1/3] Firestarter
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Blast Wave; [talent:4/2] Flame ON; [talent:4/3] Controlled Burn
      /use [talent:6/1] Living Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Flame Patch
      /use [talent:7/1] Kindling; [talent:7/2] Cinderstorm; [talent:7/3] Meteor   Arcane: /use [talent:1/1] Arcane Familiar; [talent:1/2] Presence of Mind; [talent:1/3] Words of Power
      /use [talent:4/1] Supernova; [talent:4/2] Charged Up; [talent:4/3] Resonance
      /use [talent:6/1] Nether Tempest; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Erosion
      /use [talent:7/1] Overpowered; [talent:7/2] Quickening; [talent:7/3] Arcane Orb     General Focus Macros: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Polymorph
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Counterspell