FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
xulingaming

roge pve dps!

hello guys i am lvling my rogue allmost lvl 90 :) atm i am assasination/combat  i enjoy assasination :D i just wonder what is best spec to go ? and what ilvl i need, to go decent dps like 150k?atm my mage is 507 ilvl and doing 100k-115k single stable target dps i find it isnt too bad   becuase i got there ilvl 471 blue dagger :P but mainly intrested going rogue more :) if i am not wrong then rogue shines most whit good gear :) but i would not love to run arround 510 ilvl and doing 80k dps :P  some advice would be really welcome guys :) and tips.

i hear how guys whit 530+ ilvl say they doo only 100k-115k dps lol 30 ilvls lower mage can doit ):  are rogues really so bad spot ?  kinda worried litle  so big ilvl diefrence and so much less dps ):

Guest WeeWilly

hmmm, there ya go again apologizing for your English.  Dang man, what do we need to do to you?  Your English is fine.  biggrin.png

A lot folks believe Rogues are broken.  But the IV guides are pretty good (linked below for you) 

Assassination Guides

Combat Guides

Subtlety Guides

I used them to level my 2 rogues to 90.  And I did both as Combat.

edited - NOTE - I screwed up - you get these swords at lvl 90, not 85. I am sorry, I can't remember what I used, BUT since I have the 502 swords - Blaze Fury, Reborn - I have chosen to stay as  combat.  Please accept my apology for wrong info.

I have no trouble with the rares and find killing them is easier than with my hunters. 

I take it you are wanting to do raiding and if that is so, "Assassination" is the best from everything and everyone I have read or heard (i.e. listen to), then Subtlety and then Combat.  But you know, it's what you like to play!  One can be good in anything as long as one puts their mind to it.  smile.png

I know this is probably not want you are after in terms of information, but it is the best I can tell you. 

Wee Willy (aka Cynamon)

Edited by WeeWilly

Guest WeeWilly

Just keep reading and researching.  I really loved Cata (a lot of folks didnt) but when MoP came out, I found rogues and druids a new learning curve and I haven't really learned them yet.  Good luck to you Xulingaming.   

Rogue DPS is highly dependent on gear, but we scale very, very well with it.  Don't compare initial low 90 DPS.  What really matters is the higher end of things, where gear and ability really shine.

so rogues need gear, just as ronin said. everyspec until they get the right stuff is gonna suck. the legendary meta is HUGE for rogues because of how fast we hit with SnD up. with my gear running assa spec im holding around 200k with less then a 550 IL no Legendary cloak and such. sub is going to beat the hell out of every other spec a rogue has on fights you can be behind the boss most of the time. all is a game of gear for a rogue. combat is going to lag behind assa until higher gear levels then it becomes on par with it while sub stays on top. with low IL every rogue spec is gonna be a meh on dps.