Damien

Hearthstone Beginner Guide

17 posts in this topic

You advise "The first cards you should craft are the Ironbeak Owl and the Spellbreaker. These cards have silences as their Battlecry, which are very powerful effects, and which you should have in any deck of any class you ever choose to play."

However those cards are not included in your Low Budget Priest Control Deck (and probably many others). Why is that?

You advise "The first cards you should craft are the Ironbeak Owl and the Spellbreaker. These cards have silences as their Battlecry, which are very powerful effects, and which you should have in any deck of any class you ever choose to play."

However those cards are not included in your Low Budget Priest Control Deck (and probably many others). Why is that?

Hey, Peter!

You should check our Meta Game Guide as it will help you understand why certain choices are made. In general, cards with Silence can form great synergies (making Ancient Watcher attack), can help you finish your opponent (break through taunts) or simply turn your opponent's "BOMBS" into mediocre overpriced minions (Silenced Tirion, yes please!).

So, depending on what is played in the meta game, you can always consider Silence if it will work against multiple decks.

I had made changes to the guide based on your post a while back, but it seems I forgot to reply. Oops.

Silences are good. Owl and Spellbreaker are very good cards. But I guess they've just fallen a bit out of favour nowadays, not because they've gotten any worse, or because Silence is any less useful, but just because there's a lot of competition for cards to make it into a starting 30. I've amended the guide to be a bit more open on this topic. Thanks a lot!

"Ready to Go! rewards you with 100 gold for bringing every class to level 10."

This is incorrect. The quest is completed when all the heroes are unlocked.

Such a good introduction to the game, great work!

Thank you very much!

"Ready to Go! rewards you with 100 gold for bringing every class to level 10."

This is incorrect. The quest is completed when all the heroes are unlocked.

Thank you for pointing this out. It's been fixed now!

Hi I'm new to this but was wondering about the locked section of Naxx. Should we spend gold to unlock it then save up gold for Arenas?

You may want to update this guide that Arena only gives out GvG packs now, not Expert / Classic.

As far as building a card collection is concerned, should I spend gold to go through the solo quests or go straight into the arena? I've almost hit level 10 with each class, and I have already beaten each class in expert practice.

You will probably only waste gold on Arena, you should firstly read some guides and/or watch other players doing Arenas. Achieving legitimate win ratio in Arena is almost impossible for a new player. Ont top of that there is always luck factor involved and as a starting player you probably don't have idea how to "play around" it. Don't waste gold, learn something first and you'll see it's going to be beneficial for you.

You don't need to do particularly well in Arena to justify playing it, even 3 wins is the same value as buying a pack, plus you get the experience of playing Arena games and hopefully improving at it, increasing your expected value for later.

Hello!

I've been playing Hearthstone for the first time over the last week.  I'm currently working on getting the basic decks for each class while I figure them out.

Anyway, I stumbled on this guide while looking for a newbie guide to WoW.

I'm very glad I decided to read it!

So... I registered and wrote this post to simply thank the author 'Vlad' for writing / maintaining it.

Thank you Vlad!

Thanks for the beginner guide. I, myself, have only been playing for a few weeks and I like this game very much. It's assuring to know I have a resource to call upon if I need it. (I'm currently on a five game losing skid, so yeah I need this!)

-Cheers!

So far, I've unlocked all classes and the basic deck.  I'm about to tackle the Arena.  After completing some quests and doing casual Play Mode, I'm sitting on just over 1k gold which looks like a pretty good position to be in right now from a noob perspective lol.  Thanks so much for the guide!  I'm probably going to get my ass kicked in the Arena, but I suppose it won't be as bad as it would without checking this out.

A huge THANK YOU to all who've contributed and maintained this guide!!!

Question, if i disenchant a card, what will happen to it? Will it disappear? Newbie player here

Hello.

Starving Buzzard is no longer relevant in the majority of Hunter decks. Just thought you should know. /sardonic

-N

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead