FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Paladin Decks

Guest Edu Ramak

This deck is very powerful and good against other beginners, thank you and keep up the work because it is very good!

This deck is very powerful and good against other beginners, thank you and keep up the work because it is very good!

Thank you! We have a lot more cool Hearthstone things in the works.

As for this deck, I agree that it is very powerful. This has a lot to do with the fact that many staple Paladin cards are basic, unlike certain other classes for which basic cards are not very strong (Druids, Shamans, Rogues).

Guest WickedSmile

The deck list doesn't contain 2 wild pyros, but you mention them in the explanations/combo part. 

The deck list doesn't contain 2 wild pyros, but you mention them in the explanations/combo part. 

Thank you for pointing this out. We're fixing it now :)

Guest Amory

You mention Scarlet Crusader and Redemption in the description but they are not listed in the deck list?

Guest satanicblahster

very good build, actually using them to level up so i don't have even the basic cards- but the skeleton is very good.  Thanks

You mention Scarlet Crusader and Redemption in the description but they are not listed in the deck list?

Thank you for pointing this out. We fixed this issue a while ago, thanks to your comment!

very good build, actually using them to level up so i don't have even the basic cards- but the skeleton is very good.  Thanks

That's great to hear. Keep it up!

Guest Guest

Can you add a replacement list for cards that would be good to replace with ones that aren't as useful? I have Lay on Hands x1, and I find it's extremely powerful for healing and drawing power where Holy Light lacks.

Can you add a replacement list for cards that would be good to replace with ones that aren't as useful? I have Lay on Hands x1, and I find it's extremely powerful for healing and drawing power where Holy Light lacks.

I'm afraid I'm finding it difficult to understand what you mean.

I'd appreciate it if you could specify which deck you are referring to. Thank you!

Guest lianic

as for the basic deck, i got 2x argent protector in my collection. is it good to put it in basic deck and what to swap? or not.

as for the basic deck, i got 2x argent protector in my collection. is it good to put it in basic deck and what to swap? or not.

Argent Protector is amazing, it can easily make card advantage in early game or give you an edge in later stages. You should definitely include them in your deck. Swapping out Hand of Protection could work just fine.

Im either getting/making bad decks or having a hard time understanding how to play the paladin class well. Im mostly speaking from using it in arena (i play mage, war, priest in ranked) but i just cant ever seem to get my class going. I dont know how to stop rush decks at all without using consecration/equality. When i play control decks it seems like they just remove/cc all my big minions with high attack or taunt. All my buffed up minions may stay alive for a turn, and then get silenced. Iv been trying to learn pally because i know alot of ppl say they are strong in arena (while priest and war are not as strong) however im not fairing well. Can anyone give me some tips on how to play pallys more effectively?

Heres an example of how i lost to a rogue the other day in arena (maybe he just played it perfectly). Rogue went first and threw out the murloc with charge. My turn i used coin and threw out an argent protector (figuring rogue couldnt use weapon to kill me so i could survive to take out murloc). 2nd turn rogue threw out faerie dragon and used backstab on ap. My second turn i threw out a leper gnome (didnt have much else to play). His third turn used fan of knives. My third turn summoned a 1/1 and put out argent squire. his 4th turn he used his weapon then killed squire with dragon only leaving my 1/1. My 4th i put out a senjin sheildmasta. His 5th he crafted weapon, pulled out s1:7 agent then kill senjin with murloc, then killed my 1/1. i played 2 more minion on 5th. On 6th he put out chillwind yet. By this point i was really hurting healthwise and had no answer to any of his minions or attacks. i wasnt sure what to do to counter this (granted its arena so i understand you cant set up a deck perfectly).

Edited by Roided

Im either getting/making bad decks or having a hard time understanding how to play the paladin class well. Im mostly speaking from using it in arena (i play mage, war, priest in ranked) but i just cant ever seem to get my class going. I dont know how to stop rush decks at all without using consecration/equality. When i play control decks it seems like they just remove/cc all my big minions with high attack or taunt. All my buffed up minions may stay alive for a turn, and then get silenced. Iv been trying to learn pally because i know alot of ppl say they are strong in arena (while priest and war are not as strong) however im not fairing well. Can anyone give me some tips on how to play pallys more effectively?

Heres an example of how i lost to a rogue the other day in arena (maybe he just played it perfectly). Rogue went first and threw out the murloc with charge. My turn i used coin and threw out an argent protector (figuring rogue couldnt use weapon to kill me so i could survive to take out murloc). 2nd turn rogue threw out faerie dragon and used backstab on ap. My second turn i threw out a leper gnome (didnt have much else to play). His third turn used fan of knives. My third turn summoned a 1/1 and put out argent squire. his 4th turn he used his weapon then killed squire with dragon only leaving my 1/1. My 4th i put out a senjin sheildmasta. His 5th he crafted weapon, pulled out s1:7 agent then kill senjin with murloc, then killed my 1/1. i played 2 more minion on 5th. On 6th he put out chillwind yet. By this point i was really hurting healthwise and had no answer to any of his minions or attacks. i wasnt sure what to do to counter this (granted its arena so i understand you cant set up a deck perfectly).

Well, the first thing I'd say is that you should read our Arena Guide (if you haven't already).

This isn't really the place to discuss Arena, but what I'll say that minion-buffing is pretty integral to Paladin gameplay. And a few notes regarding this:

1) Do not buff a minion (such as with Blessing of Kings or Blessing of Might, or even Blessing of Wisdom) until that minion can actually attack (so don't buff them on the turn you play them, unless they have Charge). Buffed minions will often be silenced or quickly removed, so you cannot afford to have them be removed without making even a single attack.

2) Do not stack all your buffs on the same minion. That makes it a prime silence target, and you will lose multiple cards to a single Silence.

3) Argent Protectors are best used to shield minions allowing them to survive "trades". So, playing an Argent Protector without any minion to buff is not advised, unless you're in a very desperate situation. In your case, I would say there was no need to play the AP against a 2/1 Murloc, since your Protector was guaranteed to die. You said you played a Argent Protector a few turns later, so if you had had it in your hand, that would have been a much better answer to the Murloc.

Guest Bent Hansen

I dont like any of this "set up" there is her. I have not try them all, only a few of them, and after loosing 4 out of 5 games, I most say that this most be som sort of pure luck, af any can win a game in rank play with this. But !! Then I can also be in bad luck, or just sux on the game ... LOL. How ever I feel that Palidin is more suitable to have a divind hand.

So I will recomment a hand like that, and I try it my self, and here I win 3 out of 5 in rank play, wich more that I can say for the set up I find her.

So My hand for Palidin looks like this:

Mana 1. 2x Blessing of might - 1x eye for an eye - 2x Hands of protection - 1x Nobel sacrifice - 2x Argent squite - 1x Young priestess. Mana 2. 1x Holy light - 2x Argent protector - 1x Frost wolf - 2x Ironbeak owl. Mana 3. 1x sword of Justice - 1x Blood knight

( battlecry: all miniors lose Divin shield: gain +3/+3 for each shield lost. It can becom a VERY nasty Card. If you eks. have 3 minion with Divin shiels, it will have 3x3 wich give it a + 9/9. With any luck you can then give it a Blessing of Kings wich will give it +4/+4, and then you have a VERY nasty Card... :-) ) 1x Magma Rager ( mostly her becose it have a +5 attack, but it can be replace if you like ) 2x scarlet crusader

mana 4. 1x traesilver champion - 2x Blessing of Kings - 1x silvermoon guardian - 1x spellbreaker . mana 6. 1x avengin wrath ( deals 8  damage. thats allways nice ) 1x argen commander - 1x sunwalker.Mana 7 1x guardin of Kings.mana 8. 1x tirion fordring

Maybe this set up it not for all likes, but I feel that this is a fair hand for the palidin. Try it out, and how know´s maybe you like it :-)

Good luck 

Guest -RG-

Hi,

I have a very similar deck with less legendarys in it,

But my problem is with ysera she seems useless in my deck when i reach 9 mana there always seems to be better plays or im already winning i have quite the high winrate % with my deck just have some trouble with priests and thats about it... the moment i reach 9 mana im already winning the game or she can't help me winning it anymore so i never actually get to play her except for fun  here is my deck any suggestions would be really nice smile.png im getting cairne soon or sylvanas in combination with redemption it seems like a really nice card 

Deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/paladin#23:2;25:2;73:1;142:2;191:2;260:2;293:2;383:2;386:2;391:1;422:1;450:1;475:2;495:1;503:1;506:1;542:2;567:1;657:2;

Hi,

I have a very similar deck with less legendarys in it,

But my problem is with ysera she seems useless in my deck when i reach 9 mana there always seems to be better plays or im already winning i have quite the high winrate % with my deck just have some trouble with priests and thats about it... the moment i reach 9 mana im already winning the game or she can't help me winning it anymore so i never actually get to play her except for fun  here is my deck any suggestions would be really nice smile.png im getting cairne soon or sylvanas in combination with redemption it seems like a really nice card 

Deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/paladin#23:2;25:2;73:1;142:2;191:2;260:2;293:2;383:2;386:2;391:1;422:1;450:1;475:2;495:1;503:1;506:1;542:2;567:1;657:2;

Responded to your post here:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/5259-hearthstone-legendary-paladin-control-deck/?p=65716

Guest Ccjunk

Why is cult master not used in paladin? Is it bad, bad in paladin, or just isn't included in these decks?

I just started a few days ago but have been fortunate in arena drops. I was able to craft/acquire 2 shielded minibots and muster for battles. i also had the Dr. Boom drop for me. Should I replace equal cost cards in the basic paladin deck or leave them out until I the cards for a more advanced deck?

Yep those cards will fit just fine, none of them require any special synergy or anything to be powerful, just jam them on in there :P

Guest ThescarecrowBB

Has anyone figured out a good dragon pally deck?

Has anyone figured out a good dragon pally deck?

Honestly, I feel like Dragon Pally is just inferior to Midrange Pally, which is why I haven't made a guide for it yet. I'm still trying to find a strong build for it.

Sign in to follow this