FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Rogue Decks

This deck sucks

Would you care to elaborate? How could it be made better?

Guest Fez

Totally aggree, this deck is useless against anyone with any competance. zero end-game play, zero mid game play and very weak early game with no burst. What's the point? What deck does this beat exactly???

Totally aggree, this deck is useless against anyone with any competance. zero end-game play, zero mid game play and very weak early game with no burst. What's the point? What deck does this beat exactly???

I'm a 2-star master, and I've just played two games with that deck and I won them both. The opponents were Priests (not the easiest class to play against at that level) and one of them managed to mind vision my Sprint and use it.

Obviously, the deck is going to have limitations because it's made only of basic cards, but the fact that I could win games on my way to 3-star master with it says a lot about what it "beats exactly".

Liking the deck so far! The only modifications i've made so far was dropping a single Novice Engineer for a Defias Ringleader, and single Gnomish Inventor for a Spellbreaker. This drops my card pulling power, but gives me a bit more board presence and the ability to silence a minion. 4 wins 0 losses so far. smile.png

• Like 2

Guest ggnore

This deck is awful. Just played two games, the first against a Paladin which I barely won. And the second against a hunter where I couldn't even touch him.

This deck is awful. Just played two games, the first against a Paladin which I barely won. And the second against a hunter where I couldn't even touch him.

Well firstly you can't judge a deck based on a bare handful of games like that. Secondly, if you've just picked up a deck and just started playing you're unlikely to play it optimally. Thirdly, there's no indication that it wasn't just bad luck or poor play on your part. *shrugs*

• Like 1

I think the key thing to understand is that you can't judge a deck on just one or two games and you HAVE to remember that it only utilises BASIC cards.

Liking the deck so far! The only modifications i've made so far was dropping a single Novice Engineer for a Defias Ringleader, and single Gnomish Inventor for a Spellbreaker. This drops my card pulling power, but gives me a bit more board presence and the ability to silence a minion. 4 wins 0 losses so far. smile.png

Glad you like the deck. Your additions are, of course, excellent. The reason why we couldn't use them in the guide is because both cards are common (and thus, not basic).

I thought it would have been clear, but perhaps it is not. This deck is a basic-only deck, which means that many powerful and popular Rogue cards (Assassin's Blade, Betrayal, Eviscerate, SI:7 Agent, Perdition's Blade) are not available. Likewise, very many powerful and popular neutral cards are unavailable.

If you believe that this deck can be improved (clearly, you do), and if you want to offer suggestions (again, you clearly do), then I recommend you set the Basic filter in-game and create a Rogue deck, and then post it here. If it is better than the one we list in the guide, we would be more than happy to change it.

I'd also like you to keep in mind that playing two games with a deck is an extremely tiny sample size, given the many variables in Hearthstone. Also, remember that the outcome of your games is determined in equal part by your deck and by the decisions you make. If, for instance, you made poor decisions in your games, then it is hardly the fault of the deck.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions for how the deck can be improved!

This thread is why guest post shouldn't be allowed on these boards… Good work on the deck guys, it seems pretty good for what it is.

• Like 1

This thread is why guest post shouldn't be allowed on these boards… Good work on the deck guys, it seems pretty good for what it is.

We've often had a lot of valuable feedback in comments posted by guests (who can only post in the comments sub-forums), so I don't think we should disable this feature because a few people make unhelpful remarks. However, I do agree that guests tend to avoid substantiating their claims.

Guest TearBlood

Hey

So I'm pretty new to the Bizzard Franchise and Card games in general. (This is the first blizzard game I've played).

I'm just wondering is there an objective to the Rogue class? For example clearing the board of minions etc? I'm having trouble winning games as I basically know nothing haha. 

Hey

So I'm pretty new to the Bizzard Franchise and Card games in general. (This is the first blizzard game I've played).

I'm just wondering is there an objective to the Rogue class? For example clearing the board of minions etc? I'm having trouble winning games as I basically know nothing haha. 

I wouldn't say that the Rogue class has a specific objective (none of the classes really do). The objective is more deck-specific (that is to say, you build a deck that is meant to do something), but you cannot really accomplish that with the rather limited selection of basic cards.

You actually don't have any good ways of clearing the board, but you should still try to do this through efficient trades between minions, and by using your spells. As you gain more experience and familiarity, you'll start to get a feel for what works. I'm sorry I can't give you a more direct answer :)

Most of the Rogues I play have minions that increase their spell power, and then they use spells to clear the board. A Fan of Knives that does 3 or 4 damage can be extremely potent.

Guest Daigusto

Great build, I got rid of the Archers for some expert cards tongue.png. Working great for me so far!

Great build, I got rid of the Archers for some expert cards tongue.png. Working great for me so far!

The Archers are definitely the weakest part of the basic deck, so that's a good idea!

Guest Guest

Nice deck. I started playing a few days ago so I had to replace some of rares with other cards, since I don't have enough dust to craft the expensive stuff. But it still works pretty good, much better than what I was able to build myself anyway, winning 2 games out of 3 average.

Basically, if I can rush them down without getting rushed myself with bigger and scarier stuff, I win (and much quicker than with a mage deck I might add).

What's really cool is that I was able to easily kill another rogue even after I screwed up some of the combos and forgot two times that backstab only does damage to undamaged minions.

Can't wait to see how it plays with all the rares (and possibly legendaries).

Guest new2hearthstone

Would you mind suggesting some better cards to add and remove to the deck as we buy decks and craft?

Guest Anon

It seams the comments section is merged for all of the Rogue decks (basic, low, mid, legendary) which kinda makes some comments invalid.

Guest oompz

This is great, but yeah, I was wondering the same thing an above post questioned: What cards are priority to replace, and what common/rare cards should be prioritized? 

Guest Luizus

this deck is awesome thanks. Works nicely as far as u do your job with enemy minion presence

Nice deck. I started playing a few days ago so I had to replace some of rares with other cards, since I don't have enough dust to craft the expensive stuff. But it still works pretty good, much better than what I was able to build myself anyway, winning 2 games out of 3 average.

Basically, if I can rush them down without getting rushed myself with bigger and scarier stuff, I win (and much quicker than with a mage deck I might add).

What's really cool is that I was able to easily kill another rogue even after I screwed up some of the combos and forgot two times that backstab only does damage to undamaged minions.

Can't wait to see how it plays with all the rares (and possibly legendaries).

That's great to hear! Keep it up!

Would you mind suggesting some better cards to add and remove to the deck as we buy decks and craft?

Well, one place to check out is the crafting page for Rogues, located here. This gives you ideas of what cards are good for Rogue decks. Also, if you want to get an idea of what cards are generally good to add, you can look at the next-tier deck from the one you're using (so if you're using the low budget deck, you could check out what new cards are added to the mid-budget deck).

In the future, we are going to expand on our crafting guides. Just let us know if you have any specific questions about what you want to craft or replace (it's hard to tell you what to do because we don't know what cards your collection contains).

It seams the comments section is merged for all of the Rogue decks (basic, low, mid, legendary) which kinda makes some comments invalid.

You are right. We thought that this would work alright, but we're going to split the comments threads to be one thread per deck, so that should make everything simpler. Apologies.

This is great, but yeah, I was wondering the same thing an above post questioned: What cards are priority to replace, and what common/rare cards should be prioritized? 

See my reply to the post above.

this deck is awesome thanks. Works nicely as far as u do your job with enemy minion presence

Thank you!

Guest sergeanthawk

I'm currently using the Low Budget Rogue Aggro deck, and have replaced a Harvest golem with a crafted Leeroy.

How far up the ranks is this deck supposed to be able to bring an average player? I'm hovering around Ranks 14 - 15 and many times find myself with bad hands and unable to recover board control even though I clear minions as much as possible.

I'm currently using the Low Budget Rogue Aggro deck, and have replaced a Harvest golem with a crafted Leeroy.

How far up the ranks is this deck supposed to be able to bring an average player? I'm hovering around Ranks 14 - 15 and many times find myself with bad hands and unable to recover board control even though I clear minions as much as possible.

I would not remove a Harvest Golem. I'd say the weakest link in the Low Budget deck is probably the second Blade Flurry, or possibly the Assassin's Blade, so I'd remove one of those to fit Leeroy in.

This deck can go quite high (although this is of course pretty relative). Your goal at all times is to keep board control and overwhelm the opponent by buffing your own minions and spells, and then doing burst damage towards the end (such as with Leeroy).

Let me know how it goes.

Sign in to follow this