FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Shaman Decks

I kinda like this deck however it seems to me that once you've lost a board control (e.g. due to unlucky starting hand and high-mana cards in the first few deals which happends to me a lot for some reason) you have hard time getting back in the game.

I suspect that this is mostly becuase so far I had no cards that would allow me to clean-up the entire borad such as Lighting storm or maybe I am playing the deck wrong.

Any suggestions?

Sadly, as I said, Shamans have no Basic board-clearing or AoE cards whatsoever. So, if all you have to work with are the Basic cards (as this deck assumes), you pretty much have no options. You either need to not lose the board to begin with, or regain it through trades/Rockbiter Weapon and/or Flametongue Totem.

If you have the option of crafting some cards, then Forked Lightning and Lightning Storm will greatly help you to come back from having lost the board.

Guest Klomac

Thanks for posting this deck! I've been using it for a few weeks and found it pretty decent!

I just got Onyxia (legendary card), which seems to be a good fit in a shaman deck as a finisher (fill the board with 1/1, then play Bloodlust on next turn). It would require quite some luck to be able to achieve that though (having Onyxia and Bloodlust at the same time, and the opponent not having any AoE). Do you think it's worth it? What card would you replace? I was thinking one Fire Elemental...

Thanks for posting this deck! I've been using it for a few weeks and found it pretty decent!

I just got Onyxia (legendary card), which seems to be a good fit in a shaman deck as a finisher (fill the board with 1/1, then play Bloodlust on next turn). It would require quite some luck to be able to achieve that though (having Onyxia and Bloodlust at the same time, and the opponent not having any AoE). Do you think it's worth it? What card would you replace? I was thinking one Fire Elemental...

All shaman decks have the same comment thread, so it would be helpful if you could tell us which deck you are talking about, although I have a hunch that you are talking about the basic deck.

Guest Klomac

Indeed I was talking about the basic deck, I didn't realize there were other decks and they shared the same thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Guest Gumbicus

This deck is vulnerable to weapon build, and anything with CC, so virtually every class out there. It needs more taunts, i cannot seem to get a win out of practice rounds because everything is smashed straight away

Guest Gumbicus

many decks also self-buff their minions leaving 2 hex'es unable to cope with the self-buffs

This deck is vulnerable to weapon build, and anything with CC, so virtually every class out there. It needs more taunts, i cannot seem to get a win out of practice rounds because everything is smashed straight away

many decks also self-buff their minions leaving 2 hex'es unable to cope with the self-buffs

I'm not exactly sure which deck you are referring to (since the comments threads are merged, something we will be rectifying soon), but in any case, your complaints do not really make a lot of sense to me.

2 Hexes is the maximum number you can have in a deck, so I'm not sure how they are insufficient. You aren't really supposed to Hex any big minion you see. You know you only have 2 to work with, so you need to use them wisely and save them for the truly big threats. Any smaller threats need to be dealt with other tools (your minions, your spells, your weapons).

As for the deck needing more taunts, again I can't quite answer without knowing which deck you're talking about, but it is unlikely that more taunts would help anyway. The Taunt ability itself is only really useful when you are trying to prevent being rushed down. Otherwise, against CC or weapons or whatever, it does nothing. I can go into more detail here when I know which deck you're talking about.

Guest Lord Hunter

I've always been a fan of the Shaman and I just started playing about three weeks ago, I did however give in to temptation today and bought  160 packs of cards, thus then crafting the legend shaman deck ( the only exception is I traded the bloodmage for a big game hunter) and its got me from rank 20-17 with only one loss. Thanks for the good decklist, im eager to see how it will stack up in higher rank games.

Guest Quesadilo

What do you think about The Black Knight in Legendary Shaman?

I think it's good instead of 1 Argent Commander.

Would you be interested in designing a Deathrattle Shaman deck for constructed play?

I mean, you already went so far as to design deck variations for your other classes, so yeah.

I'm imagining that the deck would have the staple removal spells and Fire Elementals while also focusing on value with Deathrattle minions.

Suggested cards (rough draft):

Harvest Golem x2 (for early game)

Lightning Storm (only one copy since there's more control than aggro these days)

Earth Shock x2

Lightning Bolt x2

Hex x2

Fire Elemental x2

Defender of Argus x2 (survive against aggro until you get your combo pieces)

Stormforged Axe (survive against aggro)

Baron Rivendare (DAT Deathrattle value)

Bloodmage Thalnos

Pyromancer x2 (good against aggro while immediately killing Hexed minions to immediately hit face) 

Azure Drake x2 (cycle the deck for your combo pieces while giving your spells more oomph)

Ancestral Spirit x2

Reincarnate x2

Sylvanas

Faceless Manipulator

Sludge Belcher or Earth Elemental x2

Ragnaros

Kelthuzad

Which details would you change, if any?

I see nobody is answering in the Shaman `forum`. Neither my question got answered. But still, what about a mech-shaman deck being posted? There is so much sinergy with the new shaman cards. And there are already so many mech-decks shaman. Tho I think the guy who's posting decks is busy or lazy (jokin'). XD

Edited by Cioco

On 11/13/2016 at 8:12 AM, Moos said:

Needs update ;)

What do you mean? This is just a link to all of our Shaman decks. Do you mean one deck in particular?

3 minutes ago, Moos said:

Woops, I was looking at "Shaman Crafting Guide" when I hit the comment link. :)

Ah okay. There's an internal note for an update to be made, it's just a matter of time until it's finished! Until then, there's not much I can do unfortunately, unless you have a specific question?

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

Ah okay. There's an internal note for an update to be made, it's just a matter of time until it's finished! Until then, there's not much I can do unfortunately, unless you have a specific question?

No thanks, was just browsing the website to gain more knowledge. :)

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 6:45 PM, Moos said:

No thanks, was just browsing the website to gain more knowledge. :)

Good luck in your quest for it and thanks for putting in a comment about the need for an update anyway! :)

Guest TK Yuuuuk

This deck guide is garbage. I'm sorry maybe I think so because it is the November of 2016 already and this deck guide isn't even properly updated yet.

38 minutes ago, Guest TK Yuuuuk said:

This deck guide is garbage. I'm sorry maybe I think so because it is the November of 2016 already and this deck guide isn't even properly updated yet.

Which deck exactly are you referring to? 

Sign in to follow this