FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Warrior Decks

Guest Edu Ramak

With this deck I managed to turn the game in the end with only 7 mana to spend. However it is an interesting choice of cards that generates a great fear especially those who are familiar to other decks

Guest Alteraego

This deck is basic indeed. At this point in the beta is simply does not work against classes that are minion heavy (pally, shammy,) OR control heavy (mage, priest). no thanks...

This deck is basic indeed. At this point in the beta is simply does not work against classes that are minion heavy (pally, shammy,) OR control heavy (mage, priest). no thanks...

I don't think it's really meant for proper high-level play in any way. If you're finding that you need to modify it for something, then a discussion of how you modified it would be very helpful.

It's called "Basic" because the free cards that are granted to players by default are called Basic. That's all that this deck is, a deck that contains cards that all players have access to without paying or grinding. At no point are we advising you to use this deck over one that contains Expert cards (which, in many cases, are simply better) - if you have the option to do so, go for it. But if all you've got to work with are Basic cards (like, for example, if you just got into the Beta), then this deck is probably the best you can play.

Guest IronRaptor

No longer viable due to Warsong Commander nerf.

No longer viable due to Warsong Commander nerf.

Indeed. We are in the process of updating all of our Hearthstone content for the new patch. Thank you!

Guest IronRaptor

Indeed. We are in the process of updating all of our Hearthstone content for the new patch. Thank you!

thanks for the speedy updates! keep it up you guys are great.

Guest sergeanthawk

I have built the low budget aggro deck, and have the exact same cards, but I noticed if i don't kill the opponent or have any kind of board presence, as early as turn 5, the game is over for me. My minions will all be dead, and I will simply be topdecking.

I guess maybe I suck at the game, cause I can't get a MurLock aggro below rank 19 too.

Any tips on how to play aggro decks? How to trade, when to go for their face, when to play minions (cause every time I play one it gets removed before it does anything. if i don't play any, then they get board presence.)

I have built the low budget aggro deck, and have the exact same cards, but I noticed if i don't kill the opponent or have any kind of board presence, as early as turn 5, the game is over for me. My minions will all be dead, and I will simply be topdecking.

I guess maybe I suck at the game, cause I can't get a MurLock aggro below rank 19 too.

Any tips on how to play aggro decks? How to trade, when to go for their face, when to play minions (cause every time I play one it gets removed before it does anything. if i don't play any, then they get board presence.)

Unlike the more expensive Warrior decks, this one is quite minion-oriented. This means that you do indeed need to mostly kill your opponent with your minions.

1. Replace the cards in your hand at the start to try to get as many of the following on turn 1:

- Leper Gnome

- Faerie Dragon

- Fiery War Axe

- Harvest Golem

- Amani Berserker

- Novice Engineer

- Frothing Berserker

- Shattered Sun Cleric

If your starting hand has ANY cards other than these, replace them. Your goal is to have cards to play on turns 1, 2, and 3. Given the large number of these cards in the deck, this should not be an issue.

2. Use Fiery War Axe (with Upgrade, if needed), and later on the Arcanite Reaper to help your minions establish a board presence. Use Execute on problematic minions. Use Shattered Sun Cleric and Dark Iron Dwarf to give your minions the edge they need to take out opposing minions.

3. Protect/buff your Frothing Berserker as much as you can.

4. The whole time, you should be managing to chip away at your opponent's health. Normally, if you do not expose yourself to board wipes, your minions should have good staying power with all the help they are getting from your weapons.

5. Finish off the opponent with a 7-damage swing from Gorehowl, if needed.

Regarding your other questions, it is hard to give you a simple answer. With aggro decks, you mostly want to go for their face and ignore the board, but there are exceptions to this. Two that I can name off the top of my head:

a) If you feel a board-clear is about to be used, trade your minions off to lessen the impact the board-clear will have. For instance, if you can make several beneficial trades with your minions before a Paladin's turn 4, you should do since there's a good chance your minions will just get wiped out by Consecration the following turn.

b) If you can trade with the opponent's minions in a way that is advantageous to you, but you know that if he does it on his terms (during his turn), he will do so in a way that is advantageous to him, you can consider trading.

In any case, choosing when to go for the face vs. trading is the most difficult (some may say the only difficult) aspect of playing aggro decks.

You need to just play more, and analyze your plays to see where you could have done better. You will improve in time!

Guest voltanis

Hello

half of the card you mentioned on the post above are not include in the base/common deck sleep.png

Also could you make a list with rare [ silver gem ] cards that would be a nice addition to the the deck along with some sort paragraphs that explain which cards should be replaced for the silver ones 
Thanks in advice

Hello

half of the card you mentioned on the post above are not include in the base/common deck sleep.png

Also could you make a list with rare [ silver gem ] cards that would be a nice addition to the the deck along with some sort paragraphs that explain which cards should be replaced for the silver ones 

Thanks in advice

My previous post was addressing someone who was asking about the low-budget deck.

For crafting, this page should give you plenty of good ideas of what cards would be good to craft as a Warrior, but it only talks about Rares, Epics, and Legendaries. It does not mention Commons (the cards with a silver gem), so to figure out what common cards to craft, you can compare the Basic deck with the other decks (and see what Warrior Common cards those decks use). To save you some trouble, here are the best Warrior Common cards to craft:

1) Inner Rage. This card is great for combos, as well as just for damaging enemy minions to kill them, or to prime them for Execute.

2) Slam. Slam is pretty much amazing all-around. It is 2 damage for a cycled card (and an Execute-enabler) most of the time, and the rest of the time it's a 2-damage nuke for 2 mana.

3) Cruel Taskmaster. Like Inner Rage, but this one leaves a 2/2 body on the board behind it, so it's even better. Less amazing for combos (since it costs 2 mana, so you're less likely to be able to use it together with, say, Grommash), but the added 2/2 minion is often superior.

4) Arathi Weaponsmith. This card is amazing. Not only does it give you a 2/2 weapon (which helps tremendously with board control), but it also places a solid 3/3 on the board, and all for just 4 mana. It's a great turn 4 play, if you can use the 2/2 weapon to clear out the opponent's 3-drop. You end up with a weapon equipped and a minion on the board. Just lovely.

For Rares, Epics, and Legendaries you can check out the guide I linked above.

In the future, we'll hopefully have a better way to talk about what commons to craft.

Guest bent

I have a bit off fun with " ALAM - o - Bot " hand for warrior. This hand is NOT EASY to play, and my loosing procent is VERY HIGH.

With this hand I win 1 out of 6 games, so this shout ONLY be play for FUN, or just to try it out....

Anyway. This deck is build up to be play for HIGH card´s and the alam - o -bot Card. The Alam o bot Card is easy to kill ( it have only 3 life ) but if your Card com´s out right, the anemy dosen have a chance. This dose how ever mean, that you need the right Card from the very first round, then the chance for that is VERY small..... to have a chance to play the alam o bot, with out it getting kill, you need to "force" the other player to focus on other card´s. This is why this hand so mostly taunt Card.

But Try it out for fun.....

The hand: mana 1: 1x upgrade - 2x goldshire footman ( taunt ) 1x leper gnom - 1x shield bearer ( taunt ) mana 2. 2x frostwolf grunt ( taunt ) 2x ironbeak owl ( silence minior ( you never know when you need that :-) ) 1x nat pagle ( 50 % chance to drew a Card, is need to this hand ) mana 3. 2x Alam - o bot - 1x shield block - 2x silverback patriarch - 1x ironfur grizzly - 1x tauten warrior. mana 4. 1x Defender of argus - 1x sen´jin shield masta - 1x spellbreaker. mana 5. 1x booty bag bodyguard - 1x fan creeper. mana 6. 1x Argent commander - 1x lord of the arena. mana 8. 1 x Gruul - 1x ragnuros the firelord. mana 10. 1 x Sea Gian.mana 12. 1x mountain Giant. mana 20. Molten giant.

Imagine that you in round 3 have 1 or 2 taunt, and play the alam o bot, an you have ragnuros the firelord on your hand, and the alam o bot is replaced with this Card. That will make most player resign. hahahaha. That thats the idea of this hand. How ever, the chance for that is VERY LOW, and you may just get SMACH out befor round 5........ This is NOT a easy hand to play, and you may just lose very fast. How ever, it still fun to try out a few times. 

I have a bit off fun with " ALAM - o - Bot " hand for warrior. This hand is NOT EASY to play, and my loosing procent is VERY HIGH.

With this hand I win 1 out of 6 games, so this shout ONLY be play for FUN, or just to try it out....

Anyway. This deck is build up to be play for HIGH card´s and the alam - o -bot Card. The Alam o bot Card is easy to kill ( it have only 3 life ) but if your Card com´s out right, the anemy dosen have a chance. This dose how ever mean, that you need the right Card from the very first round, then the chance for that is VERY small..... to have a chance to play the alam o bot, with out it getting kill, you need to "force" the other player to focus on other card´s. This is why this hand so mostly taunt Card.

But Try it out for fun.....

The hand: mana 1: 1x upgrade - 2x goldshire footman ( taunt ) 1x leper gnom - 1x shield bearer ( taunt ) mana 2. 2x frostwolf grunt ( taunt ) 2x ironbeak owl ( silence minior ( you never know when you need that :-) ) 1x nat pagle ( 50 % chance to drew a Card, is need to this hand ) mana 3. 2x Alam - o bot - 1x shield block - 2x silverback patriarch - 1x ironfur grizzly - 1x tauten warrior. mana 4. 1x Defender of argus - 1x sen´jin shield masta - 1x spellbreaker. mana 5. 1x booty bag bodyguard - 1x fan creeper. mana 6. 1x Argent commander - 1x lord of the arena. mana 8. 1 x Gruul - 1x ragnuros the firelord. mana 10. 1 x Sea Gian.mana 12. 1x mountain Giant. mana 20. Molten giant.

Imagine that you in round 3 have 1 or 2 taunt, and play the alam o bot, an you have ragnuros the firelord on your hand, and the alam o bot is replaced with this Card. That will make most player resign. hahahaha. That thats the idea of this hand. How ever, the chance for that is VERY LOW, and you may just get SMACH out befor round 5........ This is NOT a easy hand to play, and you may just lose very fast. How ever, it still fun to try out a few times. 

If you wish to have fun with Alarm-o-bot, try playing a Druid deck with it :)

nothing more fun than turn 1 Innervate -> Alarm-o-Bot -> Deathwing :D

But on a serious note, how did you manage to turn a warrior deck topic into Alarm-o-Bot discussion?! Oo

• Like 1

Guest KalbTas

I just made a new deck called, Weapons&Armor, i use 3 weapons not the basic ones, but upgrade, ogre warmaul and gorehowl, and I use all cards which give me armoe so I could buff up my siege engine for alot of attack, somethimes i win by killing my opponent with 30hp and 30 armor, but somethimes whenplay with the hand, me and my opponent are always out of cards, while he has 20 hp and i got like 60 armor buffed up, so I winn with fatiguencards at the end, but there is a chance of failin if you dont get the cards, anyone can help me out??

I just made a new deck called, Weapons&Armor, i use 3 weapons not the basic ones, but upgrade, ogre warmaul and gorehowl, and I use all cards which give me armoe so I could buff up my siege engine for alot of attack, somethimes i win by killing my opponent with 30hp and 30 armor, but somethimes whenplay with the hand, me and my opponent are always out of cards, while he has 20 hp and i got like 60 armor buffed up, so I winn with fatiguencards at the end, but there is a chance of failin if you dont get the cards, anyone can help me out??

Guest garrett

i really would appreciate it if you could list an advanced warrior deck something so i can crush my friends and get to a high rank 

Guest Nemesis67

With Warsong Commander's nerf, the Patron Warrior mention as to why Blackrock is worth it should probably be updated.

Thanks, i'll look at it. But Patron Warrior is still very much a deck, just not in the Warsong form. I just uploaded a new Midrange Patron build that's proving very effective for a lot of players right now.

So is Varian Wrynn still a "top" craft? It's not being played in any control warrior decks currently. I actually opened Varian in a pack and was wondering whether i should keep it or disenchant it. Thanks. 

So I have been playing control warrior recently, in wild mode in case you are wondering. I came here to see the crafting guide to see which legendary to craft, but found that there was no update on the new WotOG expansion nor about the two formats.

Thus, I would like to hear from you people about which legendaries to craft. Note that I am playing in Wild Mode.

Legendaries that I am currently using in my control warrior deck:

Dr. Boom, Sylvanas, Twin Emperor Vek'lor, Brann, and C'thun.

Below are my thoughts on what legendaries I would like to or would not like to craft:

1. Justicar. I believe this is a very crucial card in a control deck. The 2 extra armor is very important to allow the warrior to survive until fatigue and also makes it easier to enable shield slam. I would put this in my top priority crafting list. Yes I have achieved to win fatigue games without it, but against more aggressive decks it is really hard.

2. Grommash. I am currently playing C'thun in his place. I find C'thun being able to deal the same amount of burst needed from this guy, and actually does it better late game as it doesn't need to attack and lose health, also surpasses taunt. Although it costs a whole turn without Emperor reduction, enabling Grommash's enrage would also cost the remaining 2 or 1 mana left.

3. Varian. I don't think he should be a high priority legendary anymore, almost no one's playing him. He can cancel battlecries, and also force you to fatigue faster. But if you are playing the burst kind of control warrior which is faster then the fatigue kind, he might be able to drop down your Ysera or Grommash if you were lucky enough. Thus, I am not crafting him.

4. Alexstraza: I just never found a situation where I would be like: "Only if I had her I could've won the game".

5. Ysera: She generates large amounts of value in the long term, and is also useful for other classes. Might craft her after Justicar.

Your reply would be appreciated.

Sign in to follow this