FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hybrex

Gearing Destro

Hi Warlock forums!

New poster here!

I'm not after log analysis I am more curious on off peice's and how people are gearing for destro.

At the moment I am only playing affliction on Protectors & Thok but I have no real need to for my raid group, therefore I feel I have a few options as I will more than likely stay destro for each fight.

Knowing destro is mast > crit > haste these are the options I've found below:

4p with Iron Jugg leggs (I would take this if I kept playing affliction, which I have no real need to)

or

4p with Protectors shoulders (as it gives a fair bit of mastery compared to tier crit/haste shoulders - and use tier legs with mast/crit) 

or

4p with Thok Chest (much like tier)

Thoughts?s

My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Xerbyh/advanced

No I do not have 4p which is why I am looking into this now.

Any thoughts an opinions would be great!

Thanks

Edited by Hybrex

I think the best option is to go for the immerseus helm , mastery and crit <3

I admit I totally overlooked this helm. Thanks for the reply 

It is more the tier shoulders that Im concerned. Not a single bit of mastery on them. 

Edited by Hybrex

Or to be brutally honest , just use whatever 4 pieces you have + a TF'd offpiece .

Don't min max too much on gear as skill > gear , focus on gameplay more than gear. =)

• Like 1

Or to be brutally honest , just use whatever 4 pieces you have + a TF'd offpiece . Don't min max too much on gear as skill > gear , focus on gameplay more than gear. =)

Yeah I know. Its more to the fact that I actually enjoy looking into this stuff more then "I have to do this to get good deeps". Its enjoyable

Totally forgot about shoulders of Norushen aswell.

So many decisions.

little tl;dr - Should in the back of my mind be looking for mastery/crit items over mastery/haste items ?

and will it make enough of a difference to do so ? 

ty 

Edited by Hybrex

When gear destro, the Haste/Mastery helm is better than the Crit/Haste shoulder on tier. Because of this, I would recommend the Crit/mastery shoulders off of Norushen more than the helm off of Immerseus.

When gear destro, the Haste/Mastery helm is better than the Crit/Haste shoulder on tier. Because of this, I would recommend the Crit/mastery shoulders off of Norushen more than the helm off of Immerseus.

I Think this is the way im going to  go for destro and slowly work on 4p with Jugg legs for the cases i got Affliction.

Shoulders is normally the preferred off piece as it is the only tier with no Mastery.  Choose between Crit/Mastery shoulders from Norushen or the hit/Mastery from Protectors.  

Outside of this, realistically get teh first 4 pieces you can.  we have teh advantages that a sexy Crit/Mastery Head, Crit/Hit/Mastery Shoulders, and Haste/mastery pants will all be avail on the "easier" heroic bosses long before heroic tier for those slots, so we have good options for the off piece early on.

Well...  If Conc tokens drop that is.  We are working on Heroic Spoils, and I still only have 2pT16 and 543 legs.  Sad times.

Edited by Soulzar

Shoulders is normally the preferred off piece as it is the only tier with no Mastery.  Choose between Crit/Mastery shoulders from Norushen or the hit/Mastery from Protectors.  

Outside of this, realistically get teh first 4 pieces you can.  we have teh advantages that a sexy Crit/Mastery Head, Crit/Hit/Mastery Shoulders, and Haste/mastery pants will all be avail on the "easier" heroic bosses long before heroic tier for those slots, so we have good options for the off piece early on.

Well...  If Conc tokens drop that is.  We are working on Heroic Spoils, and I still only have 2pT16 and 543 legs.  Sad times.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah as you can see in my armoury I have not started Heroics yet and only have 2p with flex gloves. However I have flex legs waiting to throw into a 4p as soon as conq token drops. (Which havent in normals for 2 weeks)

Definately going to work on going shoulders from Norushen. But ill just take what drops first. I wouldn't mind a touch more haste but with the legendary meta proc with a mast > crit > haste build chasbolts and even incerates are just so juicy!

2 piece is actually pretty pathetic for Destro, shooting for the 4 piece is going to be optimal at this point. I am currently running shoulders as my off set piece, and actually they're the shoulders from Ordos. Hit/mastery. Which is easy enough to get.

If you're playing primarily Destro (which is actually viable for every fight in SoO, Zag has even gone straight Destro now), then yes, you will always want to be looking for mastery/crit over mastery/haste items. And to be honest, there's isn't that much of a difference between crit and haste for us, crit being slightly better. Even I feel like I'm running high haste at about 5k.

And just as Khaos mentioned, you're not going to see huge differences in these small changes either, if that's what you're expecting. It'll all come from game play, even though warlocks scale ridiculously with gear.

Yep heard & agree with all you said, and as I said earlier its more that I enjoy seeing the same stats on my gear ie atleast mastery but better crit/mastery.

I realise haste=crit. But personally with Backdraft + Legendary proc + Hero higher haste annoys me which is why Im playing crit personally.

I love destro so much more than affliction due to the high numbers. 

Yeh my aim is definitely get the quickest 4p I can first. This thread was just me thinking down the track is all. and planning as to what to use any tokens from garrosh on etc. piece of mind more than anything.

Thanks all for the thoughts ! 

As Soulzar said, the definitive answer is you use whichever 4 pieces you can get first. Don't even begin thinking about this until you actually have the option available. If tier shoulders drop (the only tier slot without mastery and thus the ideal offpiece if you have the option), you had better be trying to get them. Your number one concern is getting that set bonus. Your best off-slot is going to be whichever slot you don't get tier for first. You're wasting your time on this when you only have two pieces.

As Soulzar said, the definitive answer is you use whichever 4 pieces you can get first. Don't even begin thinking about this until you actually have the option available. If tier shoulders drop (the only tier slot without mastery and thus the ideal offpiece if you have the option), you had better be trying to get them. Your number one concern is getting that set bonus. Your best off-slot is going to be whichever slot you don't get tier for first. You're wasting your time on this when you only have two pieces.

Think you're onl y reading and seeing what you feel like it hey.

I've said numerous times. Yes I will be getting my 4p asap no matter what drops first. I never once argued that. This thread was out of curiosity on what other warlocks were aiming for for their off peice. That is all. So thanks for saying your thoughts on the shoulder.

However the rest of what you said, I think is also a "waste of time". As this is no waste of time for me. I enjoy it. 

There's a difference between not reading and emphasizing a point to drive it home. If you want to look at best possible gear choices for fun, then do it the real way: Look up all the items for those slots, and compare the changes in stats between them. Then, look at how much those stat changes are going to be worth. If you're going to ask us to tell you, then I'm going to assume the point has to be driven home.

If I can't beat and burn the horse when he's dead, when can I?

Also, you aren't the only person that reads this. Warlocks come to our forums and read around to look for information. I don't just write for the benefit of the first poster in every thread or the person that asks the question. I write for every warlock that's going to come here with that question in mind.

Edited by Kazistrasza