FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Neutralization

Gemming... & Maybe reforging too.

I feel I need to know why mage & a few of other caster classes/specs are gemming towards expertise? I tried looking in the fire mage section of this website, but it doesn't say why mage's or any other caster classes should be gemming into expertise?

If anyone minds explaining that would be great.

& Since Gemming expertise gives you a bit of a hit cap, for the piece's of gear that I have, am I supposed to reforge out of hit & gem into expertise?

If you want to have an idea on what I am talking about, My armory is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Proudmoore/%C3'>

Possibly will come back to this post once I have updated this post with some logs.

Edited by Neutralization

My answer will be short and simple. Since 5.0 Expertise=Spell Hit rating for casters as well.

200 Expertise = 200 Hit rating. It doesn't matter which you choose to gem or reforge it will be the same.

My answer will be short and simple. Since 5.0 Expertise=Spell Hit rating for casters as well.

200 Expertise = 200 Hit rating. It doesn't matter which you choose to gem or reforge it will be the same.

So you're saying that if I gem hit or expertise? There won't be a noticeable difference in the damage that I do?

Edited by Neutralization

Well, there can be a very SLIGHT damage increase using expertise gems since it allows you to get more secondaries from your gear. But it's such a small gain is probably negligible.

Well, there can be a very SLIGHT damage increase using expertise gems since it allows you to get more secondaries from your gear. But it's such a small gain is probably negligible.

If we take other secondary stats into account and the combination of them, expertise gems might be more beneficial for you. But we cannot state that this or this will be better for everyone. That is what AMR is specialized for :)

Nonetheless, hit rating and expertise (or hit cap.. can't remember) will be removed in 6.0.

I've tried this. I didn't notice any form of difference from a intel build to a expertise build.