FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Zagam & friends coming home! blizzcon review tonight!

So first, they make trinkets stupidly OP, then blame the huge differences between good and bad locks on DoT snapshotting.

Makes sense.

So first, they make trinkets stupidly OP, then blame the huge differences between good and bad locks on DoT snapshotting.

Makes sense.

Destros only challenge lay in timing chaos bolts and havocs. granted this can be a full time job, but without snapshotting this class would be so utterly easy to play i would definetly be bored. im not even a heroic raider and i LOVE the snapshot mechanics. the capacity to beat a lock geared more heavily than me because im a very diligent and detail oriented raider and maximize the efficiency of my class is one of the attractions i have towards locks in the first place - snapshotting is at the core of this concept. i very much hope blizz reconsiders this proposal over the coming months. 

Snapshotting as Destruction is barely a thing.  It's not a huge part of your DPS to maintain the most powerful Immolate ever.  biggrin.png

I mean don't get me wrong, Immolate does pretty good damage right now, but it isn't going to make or break you.

Edit: Shit I already ruined my 1,111 post count.  FML.

Edit: Shit I already ruined my 1,111 post count.  FML.

I just looked at my post count...I'm going to be pretty pumped here in about 14 posts.

• Like 1

Some potential good synergy between Mannoroths and Cataclysm if they have it include Cata for the AoE radius increase (dmg bonus would prob be over the top if the spell is to be as strong as I think)

I too have concerns about "Too much" fury with Chaotic Resources.  If we do not generate enough MC procs to keep a net even balance of fury gained/spent with Soulfire spam, what do we spend fury on?  I fear we'll find ourselves in melee range keeping Immo Aura up 100%.  

Perhaps Chaotic Resources  could have spells cost less fury, than changing one to generate fury ..so that we can have the same result of higher meta uptime without completely changing the play style of the spec.  Cant wait for Beta to play with this one.  100% mobility is huge bonus.

Destro Chaotic Resources sounds like a nice way to funnel more single target dps,... however also seems to be seriously hindered by any movement mechanic in a fight.  Lets hope not too many purely single target fights require you to run around or you'll be ember capped a ton.

Both Demo and Destro with Chaotic Resources looks like it will like Crit more than Haste since ToC spam doesn't scale with haste and CB spam scales with Crit. 

Mannoroth's Fury likely won't affect Cataclysm.  The range would become HUGE, large enough to break any stealth in any arena which would be game breaking.

Chaotic Resources for Demonology can be kept in check numerous ways in order to not cap on Demonic Fury.  Immolation Aura could be maintained to dump excess Demonic Fury.  Chaos Wave could be used for 120 DF for some burst.  Void Ray could be used as a dump for moderate cleaving.  Immolation Aura seems most plausible to use your DF on if they leave MC the way it stands today.  What's wrong with being in melee range with Immo Aura?  With all this DF gain, you will have the best mobility in the game with full movement while spamming ToC and having Demonic Leap to move around at will. 

Destruction's higher Ember generation seems like it would be HUGE for PvP.  Basically 2 Incinerates could be used as an Ember Tap.  Two Conflags...basically you'd have a ton more survivability.  Not many good arena teams will let you peel off tons of Chaos Bolts, so this may be a constraint.  This talent will be quite interesting for sure.

Just an FYI, Haste DOES lower the GCD allowing for more ToC spam.  You are, however, correct that Haste is still the least valuable.

although you cant rely on the talent preview to theorycraft per se, you can use them to get an idea of what blizzard is thinking about doing.

apparently one of those things is "reduce damage of X to increase Y" which i am really on the fence about. on the one hand, that's the sort of mechanic that leans more toward hardcore than casual (good thing) but it's also the kind of mechanic that you math out in the first week and just stick to a rotation for it (bad thing). and i'm speaking about that mechanic in general terms, not specific to just warlocks. 

as for perma-doom/infernal, meh. they need to give those pets some good utility spells or that is a very very boring talent. 

You guys need to get over this fire thing.  Why aren't we shooting Fel Ooze is the real question.  Although, she might say differently.

Nobody's asking the hard hitting question, can we get more color changing spells? I'm rooting for purple fire.

Red fire sounds pretty neat.

• Like 1

Why are we talking about any color fire other than blue? Really, though. Blue fire. Get with the program. It's what all the warlocks are asking for.

• Like 1

Or how about just a hue moderator so that everyone wins? Even have a favorite colors pallet with a randomize button (like the favorite mounts feature to come 6.0) so you can effectively shoot rainbows.

We're completely redoing talents again!!!

Now, each tier allows you to change colors of your most iconic abilities!  Customizing your character has never been better.  Now you can pew pew with your favorite hue hue.

• Like 2

perhaps multi-colored confetti-like fire? and it turns chaos bolt into a giant rainbow of death? Kinda like Rainbow Generator

We do not approve of acid use down in The Slaughtered Lamb.