FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deafmetalman

Is my dps appropriate?

i'm not saying, that the warlock is hard to play or anything...well actually no class ive played so far is hard to play, but there are a lot simpler classes and speccs to master. But then again i havent played all the classes, so i can't say that for sure. So far ive played 6 other classes(dd) and none of them is harder to play.

-ele Shaman...by far the easiest spec/class ingame

-enhancer Shaman-there are quite a few CDs to observe...but overall the specc, which hast something like a rotation, so after a while easy, but more "challanging", than destruction

-rogue combat/assa. very easy, simpler than destruction imho. Sub is more challanging than destruction wl, but easier than demonology/affliction

-priest (sp): about the same level as destruction

-hunter: yea...also not that complicated

-monk (ww): also very very simple

-dk: frost is really a faceroll-class.  unholy is also not more complicated, than destruction

So none of these is harder to play and most of them are doing about the same amount of dmg as a wl(in most cases). And even, if i haven't played the other classes, to say, that wls are OP, because they are simple and are doing a too much dmg, isn't plausible.  because, if the WL is OP, then it also true for the classes i named. And if its true for them, then the Wl can't be OP, because in that case he is in the majoritybricket of the classes and the if majority is at the same level, then you can say, that some classes are underpowered, but not, that the wl is overpowered.

well perhaps i should state my definition of overpowered. If a specc/class does under normal circumenstances about the same dmg, like the other classes or does just 2-5% more dmg, then the class is perhaps the strongest, but not overpowered. If the class does 20,30,50% more dmg, than the other classes,then that class is overpowered. And i'm not talking here about the ololol destructionparses on og hc, where the wl does a lot of dmg. These parses, if you look closer at them, are fake. F.e. in most of the top-wl-parses at the immersius encounter, the listed warlocks are the only ones, who did any adddmg at these fights.

At this point i have to clarify. I think that destructionlocks are easy to play. But not significantly harder or simpler, than many of the other classes. Also i think that the destruction-warlock is the strongest class at the moment, because it's the most rounded class ingame and it does topdmg in every situation presented in OG, while some other classes are doing f.e. a lot of dmg in aoe sitiations, but are just relavively mediocre in ST(f.e. eleshamans). But then again, it's just my opinion and it isn't the absolute and only truth.

Destruction just has solid ST DPS mixed with seamless AoE capability at the flick of a switch and good survivability.

That said, going off logs or raidbots can be misleading. Switching raidbots over to all parses is a better indicator since there aren't people buying tricks from rogues or stacking raid comps to have skull banner up during bloodlust, etc.

For an accidental pull that's not bad. Things always get a little crazy when you're gearing up for your normal opener and someone just hits the boss anyway.

The only thing I can say is that before you hit any spell you need to hit DS. Your average CB is great at 1.1mil, and your Immo uptime is pretty good at 93.3% (could be a little better but sometimes you have to let it fall off for a second for the sake of a sick nasty Chaos Bolt). Yet, you have a lot of spells going off before you hit DS (your PBI procs first). That's really about the only thing I can say there.

Just on the topic of "warlocks OP", something I've wanted to say and don't really see anywhere else to post it.

You just have to not take notice of the people who complain about warlocks. They're the same people who'll be moaning about the next strong class in WoD. They'll never stop moaning until it's their own class which is doing well, at which point they'll never acknowledge it. The people who want to give you shit on EVERY occasion you aren't topping the DPS meters are just arseholes and you shouldn't rise to their bait - remain humble (ie not bragging when you do top the meters) and you remain the bigger person.

Yes warlocks are very strong at the moment. Yes destruction is easy, for the most part. And yes, not very well-geared or high-skilled players can produce decent numbers as a destruction warlock. So what? Don't let the insinuation that you play a warlock because it's easy and that you're a bad player get to you. What are we supposed to do when our class becomes "OP"? Suddenly re-roll to the weakest in the game and begin the arduous undertaking of trying to top meters with it? No, I want to play my warlock as I have for the last 8 years.

Frankly, I'm loving being the flavour of the month. The fact that destruction isn't complex doesn't mean it isn't fun, and the relative simplicity allows me to produce optimal dps while doing other helpful stuff for my raid on difficult progress kills. For the easier fights, destruction still does have a relatively high skill-cap in absolutely maximising dps and the better players will still show through. And demonology is still probably the most complex and rewarding dps spec in the game, for whenever you really want to push yourself - if you top logs as demo, you've definitely earnt it.

Edited by Oldtrout

Oldtrout, the moral of the story is people will always find something to bitch and complain about.  I tried to present ACTUAL un-biased reasons as to why we SHOULD expect to be nerfed.  It hasn't happened, so that's cool.  People just took factual data and spun opinions out of it which spurred some volatile opinions. 

oh yeah, that'd probably have been a more suitable thread

And don't sweat, that nerf is incoming. They're just waiting for me to reach heroic Garrosh. And then they use chaos bolt as their first pre-WoD squish test. 15k crit!

Edited by Oldtrout

The first PBI proc and DS is easy to line up, but the rough CD on PBI is 115 seconds. I've found it will often proc before My DS is off cooldown again, so my DS and PBI during the latter part of the fight is really only both active for 10 seconds or so. Is there anything you're doing to line them up better?

They should line up all the time. 115 sec ICD with 15% chance per means pretty much right at 120sec almost all the time. After pre-pot and CoE you should be hitting DS before ANY other skill. Period. If your PBI procs first, it's only a GCD early. Odds aren't good for that. Your PBI is realistically going to be 3 or 4 seconds after DS on the pull, which is fine since you won't have 2 CBs yet anyway. After that, when DS comes up, you wait for PBI to proc before hitting it. The odds of you consistently getting PBI ahead of DS for any reason other than you simply not hitting DS when you're supposed to are practically 0. Worst case scenario on a 5-minute fight is that your third set of Expanded Mind/DS are 10 seconds apart. That's 10 seconds of strong CBs, 10 seconds of monstrous CBs, and 10 seconds of strong CB with quick ember rebuilding.

TL;DR: If your PBI and DS aren't being used in tandem, you're doing something wrong.

In theory you are right but in most fights its just it...theory. There are a lot of fights, where PBI proccs at the wrongest times, like f.e. when garrosh pulls you into the temple or you are being chased by Thok, or you get in the def-phase @nazgrim, immersius in the splitphase a.s.o. 

You can't control when that trinket procs.  You can have a relative idea of WHEN it will proc, but you can't control it, so just don't bother thinking about it. 

It should be proccing relatively early in a fight...even if you don't overlap it perfectly with DS, it should have some overlap.  I've been trolled by PBI just as you all have, but that seems to be the exception, not the rule.  Do what you can, but good Warlocks will adjust and find ways to catch up.  If PBI procs later on, you just have an extended period of burst.  Modify your rotation to squeeze out more Chaos Bolts. 

There really aren't enough fights with DPS checks in them at this point in the tier to worry about your DPS for real reasons.  If you're just trying to be on top of your guild's meters, pray to the RNG gods.  When you have a ton of players with similar skill, those on top tend to be the ones who got favorable RNG.

Gee, every time i try to say something, i drive myself in the opposite direction of i wanted to say^^. Zagam is right and it's almost what i wanted to say at the point I began to write my first post.