FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bootss45

Advise on Haste bp and Crit

I know haste is a better stat over crit but is there at a certain point where crit will out-weigh haste?   With my current gear I can reach the 15138 bp which gives I believe +6ticks to RwM.  Now should I go for that break point or should I go to a lower one and stack more crit?  Mana is no issue and I'm running with 7k spirit and can only drop that lower if I reforge spirit instead of mastery but it wouldn't drop to much more.  

I woudl say try it out. If you can reach that breakpoint easily, go for it and see how it affects your mana regen. If you're still comfortable keep the haste, if not switch back to how you have it until you get possible better itemised/higher ilvl gear and then see again.

Since the RPPM nerf, haste is NOT better than crit.  Crit will increase your healing more than haste will.

Haste does 2 things: 1) increase HoT ticks, 2) increase cleave AoE DPS, and some single target DPS.  Thats pretty much it.

Crit will have your heals hit stronger more often (and thats a lot as our heals will hit hundreds of times per fight) and will increase single target DPS while fistweaving.  It has good use for AoE DPS, but SCK with a ton of haste will do more.

IMO: go for about 40%~ crit in raid (so about 35% unbuffed) before deciding to go more haste, but honestly, you can stay around the 9k break point and and do a ton of crit.

If there were a stopping point for crit, it would say it would be around 50~% raid buffed.  By then you're critting so much that the crit chance wont really add to it, then haste will probably be better.