FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vomitory

Need some opinions on 4P or Warforged.

So I'm wearing inv_chest_cloth_raidmage_n_01.jpgUlmaas' Robes of Crushing Magma (2/2, of course, gemmed and enchanted), but I have inv_robe_cloth_raidwarlock_n_01.jpgRobes of the Horned Nightmare (also 2/2, gemmed and enchanted). My dilemma is the chest gives me my 4P bonus, but I lose item level/clearly better stats using it. Hoping for some insight on what you guys think would be the better choice.

What spec? WHAT SPEC?

Aff, 4pc is useless so ignore it.

Destro/demo the 4pc is VERY good and your WF item would suck for them anyways so...tier ftw.

What spec? WHAT SPEC?

Aff, 4pc is useless so ignore it.

Destro/demo the 4pc is VERY good and your WF item would suck for them anyways so...tier ftw.

Haha I read my post over and was like "I'm forgetting something..." but yeah, Destuction. And I know, its sad that it's the poop stat itemization. Just breaks my heart replacing a WF. But thanks for the response.

The few ilvl are in that case so unimportant. Use the tier-piece. The reasons are:

-obviously the 4pc

-3 red sockets vs. 2 blue,1 red

-the tier-chest has the 2 most important stats for destruction: mastery+crit

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I'm in a similar pickle. I swap between destro and aff depending on the fight. I was using 2pc plus 2 WF items, but last night I got my 4pc. Understanding how awesome 4pc is for destro, I was hoping to use the 4pc set for destro and the 2pc/2 WF for aff, but the hit disparity between the two sets is too high and won't work unless I reforge/regem when I swap (ain't nobody got time/gold for that).

I guess this means I need to just fully commit to destro for the time being and go with the 4pc...?

It's not ideal, but there are ways around that.

Look at the two pieces you use swap out between affliction and destro. Given we have hit on none of our tier pieces, I'm assuming the destro set is the one you lose hit on. Consider for the red sockets in those pieces using exp/mastery gems. That plus reforging should let you cover any hit disparity between the two sets if you're really dedicated to swapping between fights.

I just use the same destro set up on the two fights I do as affliction (Protectors and Thok), and still perform well. The 4pc isn't great for Affliction, but it is always nice to get an extra shard back for another haunt when you're laying down a long line of haunt with powerful DoTs. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fouton
      Something to note for people who have the t16 4set: When using your free Eternal Flame/Word of Glory, and following up with a Shield of the Righteous, if you use them too close together the stack gained from SotR will be spent on the EF/WoG without giving you the benefit.

You'll want to give yourself a 0.5-1 second birth when using the two abilities to save yourself a stack of Bastion of Glory. Since they're both off the GCD, you can just do your normal rotation and wait that 1 second anyways
    • By Vomitory
      So I have Magdalena's Murderous Crown 2/2 which I think we all know is not great itemization for 2H Frost spec. But I just got my Helm of the Cursed Vanquisher, and it would make my 4P bonus. That's a dramatic drop in item level and stats for a 4P that I'm not entirely sure is worth it. Any thoughts or advice from more experienced raiders? Just trying to find the most DPS output I can so I can pug a Siege and not be a crutch.

I also have the same Magdalena's Murderous Crown 2/2 with the tanking legendary meta, etc. Its only my third tier piece available for Blood, but I figured I'd throw it all in one post. Is it worth swapping out the item level and stamina for the 4P to have all the death runes every few minutes?

My armory (just in case it's any help).
    • By Vomitory
      So, I have a couple of pieces I'd like to get some thoughts on, maybe just to find some validation (good or bad) that I'd use a Warforged helm over a Flex helm.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azgalor/Cancellation/advanced

Currently, I'm wearing Helmet of the Prehistoric Marauder (2/2, gemmed properly, etc.) for my helm, but I received Magdalena's Murderous Crown from Ordos, and I'm not sure which to wear. Reason being, I don't want to break my two-piece bonus with my tier gloves. I do have a pair of the tier legs (Legplates of the Prehistoric Marauder) that are upgraded, gemmed, LWing patch that I could wear, but it would be taking out my Avenger's Trillium Legplates, also upgraded etc. Is it worth the extra 384 strength to lose 1.84% crit and still get .37% to mastery as little as it is?
    • By Muri
      Hello.

I'm an Assassination Rogue with the 4 piece tier 16. Gloves and pants 553 (Celestials), helm and chest 540 (Flex). I also have Warforged shoulders 559 (Ordos). I just picked up the Warforged helm 559 (Ordos) so my question is do I break the 4 piece set, and swap helms?

If not, is there a time when I should break the 4 piece set? What about the 2 piece, do you ever break that? If I have all Warforged gear is it worth breaking 2 piece?

I'm also assuming that heroic 2 and 4 piece trumps Warforged, but what about the sets from normal?

I realize I'm throwing in a lot of what-if type of questions here, but I don't want to have to post again later if I am fortunate enough to pick up more gear.

Thanks,

-Muri (Borean Tundra)
    • By Vomitory
      So, I am stacking straight crit as resto, which seems to be working well. I was horrified losing over 16% haste after reforging and gem replacement, but anyway. I'm wondering if anyone else is noticing a difference in HPS when using the T16 2P or NOT using it. Reason being, I run Ordos just for Chestguard of Pyrrhic Immolation and I'd like to replace my Tunic of Celestial Harmony for the crit specifically. I look at Recount for information but all of the numbers just confuse the hell out of me. Some of you more progressed raiders maybe could give a new guy some input?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Azgalor/Hebron/advanced
      Armory just for reference.