FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Xinto

Q: Trinkets and AoE

TL:DR Are the cleave trinkets any good for cleaving and if so, which fights would you recommend using them for? [assume we are using Assurance]

Howdy folks,

I frequent this forum and its been pretty quiet in the hunter section over the past month or so.

Anyway I have a question which I could do with some info on. I use to do oodles of research into my huntering yet atm I dont have the time so was hoping we could compile some info here for myself, and others in the same position.

Icy Veins has an AWESOME guild on single target, and I like to think I am doing pretty well with what I have there.

But its AoE which is my curiosity today, since a lot of encounters have a stronghold within damaging multiple targets.

So to clarify, I should really be typing cleave, we have a main focus and need to spread are dmg across some other targets too.

To the question, which trinkets?

For the sake of arguement (or obviousness) we will be using Assurance as one of the trinkets and we are comparing like for like in terms of quality (norm to norm, flex to flex, etc).

So are the cleave trinkets any 'cop' and if so, which fights would you recommend using them for?

Cheers Xint.

Hey, Warrior data here, but i would assume that the cleave trinkets work mostly the same for all of us.

For me, the cleave trinket this tier is only valuable if I can hit 3+ targets for most of the fight. Other than trash, this only happens on Protectors if your raid keeps them stacked the whole time. Then again, the cleave trinket loses in value to more the bosses are spread.

The only other fight where the trinket can be remotely useful is Galakras, since there there are tons of adds for the full phase 1. However, the hard part of the fight is phase 2, and it's the phase you'd want to be over with as fast as possible, so I would use a single target trinket here, especially if the adds in P1 are already dead or almost dead when the following wave spawns.

Spoils can have some remote use on Normal, if you raid pulls a lot of stuff at once, but on Heroic since you try and limit the amount of things you pull to the minimum, the trinket wouldn't work very well there.

In the end, if you're lucky enough to get the trinket, I'd *maybe* use it on these fights, depending on your strats and needs. However, I really wouldn't get out of my way to get a trinket that's only going to be remotely useful for only a couple fights.

Hope this help,

-Rage

P.S.: Once again just reiterating what I said is true for Warriors, and I only assume it's similar for other classes too. I might be wrong though :P

Eh most of the fights with aoe either will see adds die with minimal effort or the ST burn is more important than worrying about AOE unless you're padding meters. Stick with best ST trinkets and classes/players capable of good AoE in a high ST DPS spec should have no problems taking care of adds.

Honestly, I haven't been able to get my hands on any of the SoO trinkets yet, so I can't tell you anything solid.

The agi cleave trinket is the inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_04.jpgSigil of Rampage, which has a max of 4% chance of cleave on the H WF one.  For multistrike, we have inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_08.jpgHaromm's Talisman, which maxes at a 18% chance to deal an extra 33% damage.  Then there is inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_17.jpgTicking Ebon Detonator, which is mastery and decreasing agi prroc.  Honestly, out of those three, I would use Haromm's Talisman.  The cleave chance is really low.  For mass AoE situations I would be in survival simply because that is what it's made for.  Then the multistrike, which added to multi-shot can deal a lot of damage.  Or for MM, you can get free multi-shot procs with TotH and bombardment.  The multistrike justs get better and better IMO, with the more targets you are facing.  However, like I said, I haven't been able to test any of this out so this is all theoretical ATM.

Cheers chaps,

Always good to get others views on the matter.

I am using Haromm(norm) and Assurance(lfr) as they are the best single target I have, I do have Rampage (normal) which has brought the question up.

There are only a few fights where I could see switching to the cleave trinket might be beneficial and those are fights have multiple targets out for a good 70% - 80% of the time and targets that stay alive longer than 2 seconds.This gives you  the best potential use out of the cleave proc. The problem is the hunter class is a utility class and in most cases we are not going to be allowed stand there and aoe all the things like mages and warlocks. Galakras is a perfect example. Most raid groups have us going up into the towers. 

If you can get your hands on the Sigil then I would suggest trying it out on fights like Protectors (maybe), Nourshan, Spoils, Paragons (although it wouldnt be effective damage) and  Garrosh.

• Like 1