FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Veox

Help - Frost mage haste cap?

If you are unsure about your reforging, and the guide was hardly understandable, then you should rather go for the mixture build to stay safe.

This includes reforging: hit to cap>Haste to 12684 (less if you have amplification trinket)>Mastery>Crit>Haste

Also, I am pretty sure Akraen or me can help you in connection with the advanced guide if you didn't understand something.

I have the amplification trnket, so what haste should I be?;]

Edited by Veox

I don't think you understood, maybe i was not clear..

I meant, what haste cap should I be since I do have the trinket you mentioned above.

Woups, sorry. I gave you a wrong link. (Stupid copy&paste) :3

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3542-amplification-trinket-calculation/

(Not like this topic wasn't pinned on top of mage forums..:D)

So, 8855 haste, I see you run Nt.. Is there a reason for that? Or do you just have that amount of haste because you want to be able to switch during fights?

So, 8855 haste, I see you run Nt.. Is there a reason for that? Or do you just have that amount of haste because you want to be able to switch during fights?

It's actually 11795 for you... ^^

That is a breakpoint for NT, and almost the cap for GCD, so basically the haste cap for the mixture build.

I run NT because especially with that extra tick on it, it ticks more frequently, than LB, results in more Brain Freezes, thus making it better than LB in most situations.

If you want to run if more simple, go LB (I do that some days just because I feel thick and not so quick). If you like more BF(F) procs, run NT; I usually do, about 70% of the time.

Don't ever just armory me and do what I do.

I change things constantly. I swap out gear, use different gems/reforges. Hell one mage noticed me with crit reforges a couple days ago and sent me a scathing PM on MMO-C calling me a hypocrite.

And I was just like dude... creeper.

I do test things more than sim things. Like tonight I'm going for a 19k mastery / 14k haste setup for Heroic Thok. Each week I change up stat combinations. After months of heroics I'd say how well I'm playing at any given moment or how often mechanics target me is far more of an indicator of my DPS than my gems/reforges.