FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Astynax

Exactly how valuable IS a destro 4pc set??

I've tried asking this question on other threads, and I hate to spam the forum, but I haven't gotten a good response to it, and "rule of thumb" seems to apply sparingly in many cases. 

My armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Astynax/simple

The essential question is this: should I be grinding LFRs to try and pick up my 4pc, even though it's a 27 ilvl hit, and I'd be losing some significant stats in the process? 

Thanks in advance all. I just don't understand enough about the math to see it, or do it, myself.

I wouldn't drop normal to LFR for it, but Flex, yes.  Flex from Heroic?  nah.  Fundamental rule of thumb - if a set bonus is worth it, it's likely worth it to drop ONE TIER of gear, not two.  Drop from Heroic to normal, normal to flex, etc.

• Like 1

It's as valuable as bacon is to americans.

Or even more.

But If you're gonna drop 27 ilvl just to get it, I don't think it'll be worth it, you'll get the same dps.

I wouldn't drop normal to LFR for it, but Flex, yes.  Flex from Heroic?  nah.  Fundamental rule of thumb - if a set bonus is worth it, it's likely worth it to drop ONE TIER of gear, not two.  Drop from Heroic to normal, normal to flex, etc.

Thanks Zag. This is exactly what I was looking to hear. =)

And the 4PC bonus isn't just a straight-up dps upgrade like the stats on ilvl upgrades are. You have to use it correctly to get the most out of it.

Edited by Oldtrout

The 4pc is a basic bonus.  You get a 15% crit bonus at many points during the fight which makes it a passive upgrade.  You can utilize it to be better, but if you ignore it, much like I do, it still gives quite a significant bonus.

A easy way to manage the proc but not care that much about it's using the proc for immolate + conflagrate or immolate + incinerate

FINALLY got 4 piece last night.  FFS, was 10/14 heroic and still fighting to scrap together 4 piece.. silly.  Just going from 543 pants to 561 was a huge dps boost, cant wait to see how 4 piece performs tomorrow.  

Real shame I had to drop 1k Mastery by equipping tier shoulders to complete set bonus.  Perhaps by January the Tier helm will drop....

I hate to hijack the thread but would breaking my normal 4 piece set be worth breaking up to replace chest for Heroic Warforged chest (robes of tender heart)?

I switch back and forth from Destro/Aff fairly frequently.

You don't have to hijack the thread to go back and read it.  The answer is in the posts before your post.

What Zagam said, but having 15% more crit for 1/3 of every fight is better than 20 ilvls on one piece of gear. (IMO)

yeah, he's not dropping two tiers, as suggested.  Just a tier and some residue.

Just to add something for the OP - I just recently got my 4pc, the final piece replacing my 530 pants, and my dps rose by about 30k. Some of that is the new pants, of course, but the 4pc is absolutely fantastic, and well worth the wait. [ilvl 564 reference]

I would love to see my helm or legs drop tomorrow.(preferably both so I can drop tier shoulders) I'm hoping it'll push me over the 300k plateau I'm hitting.

yeah, he's not dropping two tiers, as suggested.  Just a tier and some residue.

Thanks, it was really the WF part that even made me question if the switch would be worth it, and I wanted to make sure I understood the earlier explanation. 

FWIW, I've had the 4pc tier bonus for about a week and it has made a noticeable difference in my dps.  I was reluctant to drop it, especially since I just got it.