FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Poppy

How to improve as a warrior.

So, here's the deal I'm at 558 ilvl and only doing 150k dps sometimes more sometimes less I know there is a lot of room for improvement. (I don't play with a mouse im on a laptop I keyboard turn and have everything keybound, I also play with low framerate so thats a bit of an issue.), but i don't know where im going wrong in rotation reforging gemming etc. I dont know how to read my logs, I have a bunch of logs i can link but don't know which to link so I'll leave you guys my wow-heroes page with all of my logs from normal and whatever else has been logged but i mainly come to you for help with my 25m normal runs which you should be able to find somewhere in that mess. I have come to you guys for help, so help a short warrior in need improve upon his gameplay. I thank you in advance and will check back later to answer any questions you have for me. Have a good one guys

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Dalaran/Poppysniffer/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Poppysniffer/advanced

Ok, first of all: get a mouse for your laptop :P

Secondly, your crit is very low for your item level. You always went for the socket bonus, but that's usually not the the best thing to do. You also do not have the legendary metagem, but you do have the cloak?

Also FFC is pretty useless on single target fights.

Just had a quick look at your most recent log with a Juggernaut kill. In a fight lasting 7 mins and 26 seconds, you only had 7 colossus smashes? That is way, waaay too low. You should be using it pretty much on CD. Read the fury guide here on Icy Veins for the rotation.

Another tip, I see you don't use bladestorm on Sha of Pride. That fight is pretty much made for bladestorm, as the adds spawn pretty much every time BS comes off cooldown. There's a guide stickied here for the different boss fights in SoO.

For comparison, in the latest Juggernaut kill on 10 man I had 240k DPS with a similar ilvl.

Good luck!

Funq

I'm working on getting a mouse, I always get bashed for not using one but it never felt right haha, sometimes change is good.

Should I replace my str/crit gems with straight crit? I thought by getting my socket bonuses that are 120-180+ str i would benefit, am i wrong in doing so or am I missing something?

Also about the FFC i switch between that and a TF version of Prims crit trinket, should i run through tot and try to get the twins trinket or what?

Jugg is a sloppy fight for me, I'll take that into account next time though.

I stick without BS since besides me the only other warrior is our tank and me and him time our rallying cry/demo banner for swelling pride and i cant place banners whilst spinning around like a mad man, would it be more beneficial to switch for just those adds that will be up for 10 seconds at most? Thank you for the reply though I'll try better this friday and see if i improve

Depending on the socket bonus and gem requirements, you might want to gem pure crit. I actually ran your warrior through AskMrRobot and it says to go for the socket bonus in most pieces. However, the setup of gems and reforges is different and following AMR's suggestions should get you at least a 2% crit boost.

No need to run ToT for another trinket, but Thok's trinket is BiS as far as I'm aware, so try to get that.

DR is my go-to talent choice, but I switch it out in several fights (Galakras and Sha most notable), because it's a huge damage boost. It is definitely worth it for those fights.

Anyway, the single biggest DPS increase will be proper use of your CS window. Since I can't see in the logs whether you're doing that correctly, all I can do is advise you to look at that again...

Okay will do. Thank you for the advice, our guild hasn't made it to thok in 25 and only made it to Malk on 10 so we should be there soon. Same thing for me with DR but ill give it a whirl and see if it works, I'll make sure to keep in mind regarding my CS uptime as well as the execution of rotation during my cs window. I'll get the addon for AMR and see what I can get in terms of increasing my crit. Anyways have a good one