FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Akraen

My Dream Talents (excluding L100)

I think a few things really could become baseline. Keep in mind these are suggestions. Don't need people coming at me as though I've written the latest patch notes.

Tier 1:

Presence of Mind: 1.5 min cooldown / Instant

When activated, your next Mage spell with a casting time less than 10 sec becomes an instant cast spell. Increases your movement speed by 30% until consumed. This spell is not on the global cooldown.

Blazing Speed: No change

Ice Floes: No change

Tier 2

Temporal Shield: No change

Flameglow: Passive

Absorbs the light of nearby heals, healing you for 15% of the healing done to friendly targets within 10 yards up to a maximum of 5% of your health per heal.

Ice Barrier: No change (remove from GCD?), but add this glyph:

Glyph of Ice Barrier: Your ice barrier will now prevent the next interrupt, incapacitate, stun, or fear effect but will absorb half its damage.

Tier 3

Ring of Frost: Become Baseline, replace with:

Warp Space: 2 sec cast, 2 min cooldown

Up to 10 enemies within 10 yds are teleported to the target location within 45 yds.

Ice Ward: Passive, triggers Hypothermia

Upon reaching 25% of your maximum health, all enemies within 10 yds will become frozen in place for 5 sec and the cooldown of your Presence of Mind, Blazing Speed, or Ice Floes will reset.

Remove Frostjaw, replace with:

Blast Wave: instant, 1.5 min cooldown

A wave of heat radiates outward from the target location. All enemies caught within the blast are slowed by 50% for 3 sec and cannot benefit from movement speed increases for the duration.

Tier 4

Greater Invisibility: No changes

Cauterize: No changes

Cold Snap: Instant, 3 min cooldown

Add passive effect: If fatal damage would be dealt to you, encases you in a block of ice at 1% of your maximum health and places Ice Block on cooldown. This effect cannot occur during hypothermia or if Ice Block is on cooldown. It does not place Cold Snap on cooldown.

Active effect: no changes

Tier 5

Remove Nether Tempest

Remove Living Bomb

Remove Frost Bomb

Add: Spellfire Tempest

Instant

Modifies your Mage Bomb, allowing it to be placed on unlimited targets and deal 3900 (+292.32% of Spell power) spellfire damage over 12 sec. Each time Spellfire Tempest deals damage, an additional 50% of that damage is also dealt to a random target within 10 yards.

Add: Frostfire Bomb

Instant

Modifies your Mage Bomb, allowing it to be placed on two targets and deal 5166 (+321.44% of Spell power) frostfire damage over 18 sec. Each time the target takes a tick of damage, there is a 15% chance their movement speed will be slowed by 30% for 2 sec.

Add: Spellfrost Implosion

Instant, 10 sec cooldown

Modifies your Mage Bomb, allowing it to be placed on one target causing 4600 (+367% of Spell power) spellfrost damage after 6 sec. 33% of the damage will be dealt in a flurry of spellfrost crystals that will hit up to 6 enemies within 10yds of the target. All affected targets are slowed by 70% for 2 sec.

Tier 6

Remove Invocation

Remove Incanter's Ward

Change Rune of Power:

Passive:

After a successful spell cast, a rune of power with a radius of 8yds draws itself underneath the caster, outward in a circle. While standing in this Rune, it continues to draw 1yd per second outward up to 45yds, mana regeneration is increased by 75% and spell damage is increased by 8%. The caster will not lose this benefit if their mirror images stand in this rune and the mirror images will last for an additional 12 sec if standing in the rune. This rune fades if neither mage or images are standing in it for 6 sec.

Add Pact of Flame:

Passive:

After a successful spell cast, a large circle of flame visible only to the caster is centered around the target, causing the damage taken from the caster on all targets within 45yd to be increased by 10%. Periodically bursts of flame will empower the caster, regenerating mana. Mirror images will also be able to cast flamestrike when active.

Add Icy Ground:

Passive:

After a successful spell cast, many ice crystals will develop on the ground in random crystalline formations within 45yds. Standing on the ice crystals will amplify the caster's multistrike and cleave damage by 12%. Periodically the crystals will explode, restoring mana to the caster. Mirror Images will run to these crystals and provide the caster the benefit of standing in them and the images are now able to cast while moving.

These are all just my dreams.

Edited by Akraen
  • Like 1

Your T5's would need a little bit of tweaking to make them more even.

Mostly Spellfrost implosion seems like it would scale a little bit too much ahead of the others. especially since the splash damage would be 33% compared to 50% on your ability that only splashes onto one target. also an aoe 70% slow seems too powerful for pvp, even if it is only 2 seconds. Mages already have the most slows/roots and the most mobility of any class.

The other two sound like they would be awesome though.

The T6's would add some interesting new mechanics for mages

Rune of power: I sort of like the way it is currently in game, except standing in the rune for 5 seconds should give you a buff that lasts for 30 seconds.

Another idea for Pact of Flame: what if causes it's a 5 second debuff that causes 10% of single target damage against the target to also hit up to 10 enemies within 40 yrds.

Icy Crystals: 5% chance on spell cast for form an icy crystal within 20 yrds of the caster. Standing near the crystal gives all of the above buffs. Icy Crystal spawns with 300k HP but loses 10k per second until it shatters. The mage can also target the crystal to shatter it early. Upon shattering the crystal restores 20% mana to the caster.

Very creative :)

I would rather have Icy Floes check if you are moving. Meaning that if you cast Icy Floes, and cast a spell while standing still, it won't take a charge.

Blast Wave sounds like Flamestrike in fire spec.

I would have Greater Invisibility grant invisibility to 2 nearby allies instead of removing DoTs.

I agree that Ring of Frost should become baseline, atleast for Frost mages. Should change it that people immune to the effect should be slowed by 30%

Ice Ward: Let it trigger each time you receive damage equal to 30% of your max health, blasts area and slows casting and attack speed by 50% for 3 secs, resets Tier 1 Talent cooldown.

Cold Snap is already overpowered.

Mage Bomb's damage should be more about what spec you are in, so people don't feel weird when casting a fire spell as frost. Just rename the spells but the effects should remain the same.

As for Tier 6: adding my own replacement. Focuses on placing Runes.

Mage gains "Place Rune" at lvl 90, lasts 1 minute.

Grants 10% spell power when within 10 yard range of a rune.

1.5 second cast. 10 yard range. Max 4 runes. 

Now the next part should be interesting: 

These are the actual talents that you can chose (though I am awful at giving names)

Runes of Power (Instant, 3 minute cooldown)

Activates and links all runes that are within 30 yards of the caster, can only be casted when you have at least 3 runes within range. Refreshes all rune durations.

An effect occurs based on how many runes are linked.

3: For the next 25 seconds, spells you cast is duplicated, hitting up to 3 targets within 10 yards of your initial target for 30% damage. When you cast Mage Bomb, your Mage Bomb is also applied to enemies within the formation.

4: Party/Raid members within the formation gains a 5% damage boost for 6 seconds, also places a debuff on the affected members that prevents them from gaining this debuff again for the next 50 seconds.

Runes of Defense (Instant)

Activates and links all runes that are within 30 yards of the caster, can only be casted when you have at least 3 runes within range. Refreshes all rune durations.

3: All Party/Raid members incoming damage are reduced by 15% while within the formation

4: All Party/Raid members gains your Tier 2 Talent's effect while within the formation, places your Tier 2 Talent on cooldown. This effect cannot occur when your Tier 2 Talent is on Cooldown.

Runes of Control (Instant, 3 minute cooldown)

Activates and links all runes that are within 30 yards of the caster, can only be casted when you have at least 3 runes within range. Refreshes all rune durations. Can be casted while stunned, frozen, incapacitated, feared or asleep, and is not on the global cooldown.

3: Removes all effects that cause you to lose control of your character.

4: You gain a buff that prevents you to lose control of your character for the next 10 seconds.

• Like 1