FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

[MW] Haste and RJW

I want to talk about haste and RJW.

After thinking about it (sorry it took me so long, I've been playing druid this tier and been trying to keep up with Mistweaver) and talking to some other prominent theorycrafters, I've decided that my past stance on haste and RJW have been wrong.  

Haste, in a sense is still not "amazing" to all out gem for, if you're doing significant DPS or making significant use of RJW/SCK then it will be worth to gem haste to go up ONE breakpoint.  This is for healing.  If you plan on trying to do a significant amount of damage throughout the entire fight, then 2 may be acceptable, but its pushing it. You should still be staying above 30-35% crit raid buffed.

In this tier, if you want to do a high haste build you should probably try to gear for it instead of gemming, but the 15k haste breakpoint is probably as high as you would want to go for any reason.  Reasonably for a decently geared Mistweaver 9k breakpoint is attainable without much gemming.  If you are making heavy use of RJW/SCK then the 12k breakpoint may be useful for you.

The reason haste is useful for DPS is becasue 1: you get faster SCK/RJW for cleave situations, 2: faster auto-attacks, 3: it procs caster DPS legendary more often.

Now to talk about RJW.  Before, I thought that RJW wasnt going to be very useful.  It didn't seem to heal for that much and it put a cooldown on SCK to limit the amount of chi you could generate (when with SCK you can do a cancel aura macro to get quicker chi during a meta proc)  But seeing as there are plenty of fights in SoO that are fairly stacked up we can see some pretty significant use of it.

For RJW, sorry for doubting it.  For haste, becasue of heavy RJW/SCK use, its not as big of a deal to gem for as I once thought. 

TL:DR: Haste is fine to gem to reach one breakpoint higher than you usually can with your gear when heavy SCK/RJW use is involved.

Agreement from me on this.

I have been running the 9k breakpoint with RJW and find it very usefull but still very situational.

As for my view on haste. If you are higher than 40% crit go for the next breakpoint.

Just gotta keep a steady supply of tomes to swap back to Xuen for the non stacked/dping fights.

Hey guys

12138 Haste Rating. Falled Prot 10H > http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9eo6ad84rodcs51p/details/0/?s=140&e=642

9158 Haste Rating Fallen Prot 25H > http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9jextbmsmbcozj1c/details/15/?s=166&e=617

Toon > http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Simbro/simple

Custom Weights on Askmrrobot > http://i.imgur.com/wKg9s71.png

When i reforged from 9K rating to 12k, i lost 3.5% crit but gained the extra breakpoint, not much RJW is useful on fights like Thok, Galakras, Iron jug, i much prefer Chi torpedo+celerity, use it mostly as a speed boost.

Mastery is still better than excess spirit, i'd rather reforge out of spirit than mastery because of 2PC and Healing Spheres they work well on Immerseus to heal the slimes.

Edited by Simbro

Hi Simbro,

Firstly i cant look at the logs because the site is down however just by looking at the link names you are comparing 10 man to 25 man and thats not going to give you an accurate comparison.

Mastery is still better than excess spirit, i'd rather reforge out of spirit than mastery because of 2PC and Healing Spheres they work well on Immerseus to heal the slimes.

The mastery wont make the heals larger they just make the mastery spheres proc more so if you are using healing spheres then the mastery wont be affecting them at all.

As stated before RJW is situational but in any case where Chi torpedo is useful then RJW will be more useful as you dont lose the gcd's and there is no movement required however you can still roll with RJW active.

The default choices imo should be either RJW or Xuen.

The link below shows a similar discussion and comparison of another MW's logs and shows that RJW performed better.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3039-siege-of-orgrimmar-mistweaver-monk-style/page-3

The haste breakpoint is also to gain more ReM ticks and is not only for RJW.

EDIT: I just got to look at the logs. The logs show that Chi Torpedo was terrible and that RJW gave you much more healing over the fight so not sure on what the logs are meant to prove.

Also 10 vs 25 your ReM ticks will differ but your uptime was nowhere near 100% in the 25 man log.

These are not accurate logs for comparison and the higher haste should be netting you more overall healing and ReM ticks.

Here is a log of mine similar to yours

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/q4te8j075x35aak1/details/8/?s=1501&e=1999

You will notice i have approx 240 more ticks of ReM and 2 extra uses of TFT.

I would stick with the higher breakpoint and RJW and refine you ReM and TFT usage.

Happy killing smile.png

Edited by Brewmonksta

Hey Brewmonskta

Thanks for information, there isn't much information about high end MW Monks, and im just winging it at the moment, i am really glad to see that im on the right track, Most high-end monks are still using the 9k haste breakpoint.

i didn't have any good logs for 9k haste to show the difference, and i noticed i died in the 25m fight. (doh)

thanks for the tips i appreciate it alot.

Thanks

Simbro

Edited by Simbro

When you get to the higher levels it will depend imo on your playstyle. Once you have enough crit to never have mana issues (for me 40% raid buffed has been more than enough) you could either go int for more spell power or haste for more ReM ticks and better fistweaving.

Personally im going for the latter. It also benefits me more because i am running with the double amp trinkets so i am getting 18% extra crit heals and crit damage so the higher haste means more ticks, more crits and more overall healing and damage than a higher int build would.

Since i have hit the higher haste caps the biggest differences are seen in the fights with the heavier damage: Iron Jugg, Malkorok. Thok. On the other fights it will end up overhealing alot but the bonus with haste is the effect on ReM, RJW and eminence so on the lower damage fights you can dps and eminence heal more.

Commenting on mastery vs spirit.

Mastery WILL give you more total throughput than spirit (especially when your mana management is good to not have to drink for long periods) the reason I put spirit higher than mastery was mainly before the 5.4 change to mana tea. Then, it was my opinion that more spirit let you be more reckless with your spirit especially if you screwed up your mana tea cool down with the glyph hence helping my throughput.

It was aslo more for people learning the spec since people who wanted more detailed and in depth information would usually come to the conclusion that mastery would be better than spirit anyway because they would realize that more spirit didn't do anything for them, while mastery, despite how small, would be a passive increase.

Since 5.4 I'm more inclined to put mastery higher than spirit after 5100, since mana management is MUCH easier with the drink rate change. Though I am keeping it still for the same reason about newer players not doing well while more advanced players will either come to the conclusion themselves or keep the higher spirit for more "reckless" play.

Taking all your information in and putting it into practice, i've ranked 29th on Heroic Sha of Pride logs > http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5lmquelyirhfvqgj/sum/healingDone/?s=8987&e=9451#Simbro

and 150th on Fallen Proctectors 25m Heroic > http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5lmquelyirhfvqgj/sum/healingDone/?s=3231&e=3719#Simbro

I'm still improving which is great. thanks guys.

GRATS!

Clearly you must be doing something right :)

I 3 heal a 10 man group with a Disc priest and a pally so unless the introduce overhealing ranks i have given up XD