Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A DIY Death Knight Deck

6 posts in this topic

Haven't gotten into Hearthstone yet, but been playing MtG and rly looking forward to Hearthstone.

And this deck would definitely be my go-to deck should it be lucky enough to be noticed and implemented at some point. Amazing work and great art.

That's really awesome what this guy did. I mean, you can debate on whether the Infection/Rot Mark mechanics will imbalance the game or not, but you can only admire the drawings the cards the guy came up with (descriptions + design).

On a more general note, I don't think we'll see a new class any time soon. 9 classes make for a game interface that is much easier to design (3x3 square), especially on mobile devices.

While the guy certainly did some great work, I can already tell that I was feeling frustrated by the Death Knight class. If I was going up against it, the constant disruptions to my minions with this Rot/Infection stuff will off-set so many combinations, it's probably going to make you rip your hair out.

Given the rather fast-paced and streamlined approach to gameplay that Blizzard seem to have adopted with Hearthstone, I don't think they'd like so much manipulation of the enemy's minions. Sure, the occasional Aldor Peacekeeper is cool to have played against you, but to constantly have your minions weakened would be pretty infuriating.

A lot of the cards are cool, and the theme seems to be quite solid for a Death Knight, but this core mechanic would need to be heavily reworked, I feel.

I'm just amazed at the time and effort that went into the artwork!

Yeah that's very well done and thought out.  Could use a little power tweakage, but I like it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mattphill
      So, we're clearing Mythic content at a steady pace and raiding only two days a week! I'm proud of the progress we've made but I know there is room to improve, on my part. I'm all ears and ready for any constructive criticism I can get. I don't deviate from the recommended rotation.
    • By Jalius
      Hello all,
      I've been maining a Frost DK this entire expansion. I started messing around with different builds last night running a few Mythic +'s, and I settled on a different cleave build than what I've seen everywhere else (machine gun), that focuses on Remorseless Winter. Talent build and rotation below.
      ***Please note: The below is all notes and thoughts from one night of play running 3 Mythic dungeons. There are no logs or specific number crunching at all at this point. This is simply for discussion purposes.
      The bread and butter of this proposed build is Remorseless Winter, and using the Gathering Storm level 90 talent to buff its damage and duration for as much as possible. Gathering Storm increases the damage of RW by 10% and extends its duration by 0.5 seconds for each rune spent. Therefore, the point of this is to have as much uptime of RW as possible for as much Frost cleave damage as possible.
      56: Murderous Efficiency
      ME allows simply allows for more Obliterate spamming. By getting more runes, that allows for the more spamming of runes to synergize with Gathering Storm.
      57: ???
      This one was a tough one and will probably require more number crunching. My first instinct is Horn of Winter, to simply have more cooldowns to spend more runes with. That said, Frozen Pulse may work well since the goal is to spam runes, we will have a lot of rune down-time. Finally, with the upcoming 7.1 changes, Freezing Fog might be an extra cleave buff. Hard to say.
      58: Icecap (or Avalanche ?)
      Personally I feel Icecap is the stronger option here. As long as played correctly, you should only have ~5 seconds of downtime between RW's. You will preferably want to have PoF up as much as possible. Since the name of the game is spam Obliterate, this should lower the CD by a good chunk. Some obvious testing will need to be done if the CD reduction is more beneficial than the extra Frost damage from Avalanche though. 
      60: Blinding Sleet
      Personal preference, but this is my go-to for Mythics. Winter is Coming is also viable given this build, but I've never been a fan of uncontrollable CC's. 
      75: Permafrost
      Again, personal preference. 
      90: Gathering Storm
      This is the bread and butter of this build. Each rune spent during RW increases its damage by 10% and extends its duration by 0.5 seconds. With 6 runes, that's a 3 second increase up to 11 second duration. With stacking Haste as we all, for the most part are at this point, plus the effect of Murderous Efficiency, Horn of Winter, and Empower Rune Weapon, you can easily extend the duration well past 11 seconds total. With a 20 second CD on RW, that's very little downtime. 
      NOTE: I did notice that during play, the damage increase of Gathering Storm caps at 10 stacks. The time duration though, continues to increase as long as you're spending runes. I was able to consistently ramp up and maintain 10 stacks every 1-2 pulls, plus additional duration increase. 
      100: ???
      I haven't been able to decide on this one yet. Glacial Advance seems to be the best straight DPS increase, on top of being another Rune spender. However, I've been using it for 2 months now and the fact that it will randomly get stuck and not hit anything on totally flat surfaces it's really starting to get to me. Obliteration seems like a solid DPS CD for any RW downtimes or other CD downtimes, but I'm pretty sure BoS is still worthless for the most part. 
      NOTE: I definitely want to revisit BoS though. I noticed while playing that I maxed out Runic Power a lot and had to dump of 2-3 Frost Strikes, since the build revolves around spending runes and I forget to spend down my Runic Power. With spamming rune spenders, BoS might be a viable option for some strong burst DPS, since this build consistently builds lots of Runic Power quickly.
      Unless Frozen Soul is re-worked, I think it should still be the last Gold Talent priority. 40% weapon power is not much, and the increase is based on # of enemies hit. So unless you're doing huge pulls, the trait doesn't seem to provide much of a DPS increase. Also, that DPS only happens when RW ends, and we obviously don't want RW to end quickly. 
      Basically, I feel it should still go: Sindragosa's Fury -> Hypothermia -> Frozen Soul.
      1.) Cast Howling Blast while approaching mob.
      2.) Cast Pillar of Frost.
      3.) Cast Remorseless Winter.
      4.) Roll your face on your rune spenders (Obliterate & Glacial Advance).
      5.) If you get close to capping Runic Power, hit Frost Strike.
      6.) If RW is still up and you're out of runes, pop Horn of Winter or Empower Rune Weapon.
      7.) Start again at Step 4 until mobs are dead.
      8.) Rinse and repeat.
      Again, I haven't done any number crunching or done any logs yet. The point of this is simply to spark discussion and see what you guys think. 
      Thanks all!
    • By Mykris
      Hello everyone, im not big on simulating nor great at theorycrafting.
      A thing that we start seeing more and more are Unholy Frenzy used on Xavius, and due to the guide here on icy veins are saying its not an option im really asking why?
      if someone here have figgured it out and can tell me why and how it synergize with what.
      i would greatly appricate some help here
      Sorry for the bad english
    • By tuvarkz
      So, been raiding through Emerald Nightmare normal (time ended on a 10-11% Xavius wipe), and while I've been easily on the third of my raid's dps on single-target fights, my dps consistently drops on fights where there are constant target swaps from adds (Il'gynoth and Xavius mostly , I got killed early on on Cenarius and the raid oneshot him so I have no data, the other bosses with adds can be cleaved and I'm not seeing any noticeable dps loss) to the lowest third in the group.
      Are there adds on the which I shouldn't bother placing Outbreak in the first place, or what should I be doing to make sure that target-swapping hurts my dps the least possible?
    • By Stykon
      Hello everyone,
      I'm an unholy DK with an ilvl consisting of 845 with no legendaries. I've been trying out different talent specs and tried to get the best dps out. As of now i'm running following talents: 
      Bursting sores, Pestilent Pustules, Castigator, Sludge Belcher, Lingering Apparition, Shadow Infusion and Soul Reaper. 
      Army(Few secs before fight), Dark transformation(Few secs before fight), Summon Gargoyle, Outbreak, Festering stacks till 7-8 stacks, Soul reaper, Apocalypse, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike after atleast 3 stacks. Use runic power on Death Coil. Repeat. 
      22884 Strength
      21.03% (6803) Haste
      27.93% (8025) Critical Strike
      37.14% (2977) Mastery
      I can maintain 200-220k dps on single target and do about 300-400k+ burst depending on if Bloodlust is popped. Is that good? Is that bad? Can I do better? If so how?
      My character's name is: Blöod-Silvermoon
      Here is the armory page:öod/simple (Not updated)
      Another question I also have is: Is Epidemic a better talent choice for AoE damage? If so how does the rotation change? Is it the same as above, but where epidemic is to be popped after first round of burst and be maintained below 2 stacks? 
      Thank you so much. Dearly,