FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Heradsinn

Help with my rotation. (Assass)

Hey Forum! I'm lazy with my rotation. I am assassin specc, I get about 95k-115k. I'm only doing lfr. Basically what I do is keep SLice and Dice up with envenom and if it drops I refresh it. Rupture also up at all times, refreshing with about less then 10 secs left.

Then suddenly my dps drops to 50k, I have no clue why. I realise I have no poisons applied. No big deal, I re-apply then. But my dps wont go higher than 75k.

Could it be cause I was single targetting? Are poisons a big part of your dps? What was I doing wrong suddenly? How can I improve.

My character: 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Heradsinn/simple

I know my gear is not optimised with gems, enchants and reforgings, and neither is my rotation. But it wasnt earlier, and I managed about 100k then and not now. Could it be because of some of my upgrades on the gear, and losing important enchants and etc.?

Edited by Heradsinn

Well, first of all, as assassination, ur main dmg source is poisons, not having it up, results in really low dps. Second, ur mastery increases ur posion dmg, if u have low mastery, ur dps will suffer. So if u previously had lots of gear with mastery and got upgrades with none, that could be a reason, i'd recommend u to reforge, gem and enchant, with 7,5 hit and 7,5 exp and stack mastery as high as possible. Also, improve on ur rotation, never let ur SnD drop off, its a loss of combo pts. Also, dont refresh rapture with to much time left, only do it when its either off or at 1-3sec.

• Like 1

First No enchants no Gems so your missing around 800 to 900 Agi.at minimum. 

While agree mastery is great it takes a back seat to hate and crit with a caviot.

If you have legendary meta and cloak you reforge Crit>haste>mastery.

(at your il and gear I would do Mastery>Crit>Haste)

Reasoning:

Your 2 peice set benefits greatly from crit and when it procs you get alot more CPs more CP's means easier time keeping Envenom buff up.

Yes keep SND up and rupture up but...

In your post you said yo ureapply Rupture at 10 sec or less...that is a dps loss.

you could have gotten 1 to 2 more envenoms in during that ime.  so in essence your wasting combo points on abilities that are currently already there.

The key is opening rotation building 10 CP's and then maintaining your envenom and rupture. 

My rotation:

Prepot and trix tank and  steralth 2 secs before pull

Break stealth with Mutilate

Rupture at first 5 CPS

Mutilate

Immediatly SND with whatever CP's the Mut gave you

Mutilate and BS proc untill you have 5 stacks of Anticipation

Pop SB and Vendetta together AND THEN envenom

During this opening on an encounter while SB is up, I spam envenom at 5 cps untill I only have enough time on SB to get two Mut off which gives you at least barring no BS procs 3 stacks of anticipation.

Generally:

Let envenom fall off if you have to refresh rupture then asap reapply envenom with 5 cp's

If envenome time is still greater than 1 sec and you have 4 or more CP's pool your energy then envenome at <1sec lefton envenome.

This is called pooling energy.  Just dont pool it to cap cause that is a DPS loss.

Clip envenom before you cap energy.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Abru

Btw, i just did a quick calculation in my head, by not enchanting and gemming(spesially gemming) ur losing about 2,7k agility, which is a huge loss of dps

Edited by Horcored

Btw, i just did a quick calculation in my head, by not enchanting and gemming(spesially gemming) ur losing about 2,7k agility, which is a huge loss of dps

just threw it out there.  but that makes it even worse.  

...so many things...soooo wrong. Please read the IV-guide. Normally i don't mind, if people doing something "wrong"., since nobody knows everything from the beginning. But your rogue is at least 2 months @lvl 90 and you played WoW in general for at least 2-3 years. But you don't even have the basics down. Yes you can overlook some things. But you have not ONE thing right. Just to name a few things, which are wrong, even before we talk about rotations.

1. The weapon with the highest DPS should be in your mainhand. This is a very huge dps-difference.

2. Your hit and expertise should be @ 7,5% i guess you did more DPS before, because TDD-gear had so much natural hit for rogues, that you were @7.5% even without reforging. So with Soo-gear, which has much less hit, you don't have enough hit without enchants, reforging and gems.

3. Enchant, gem and reforge your whole equip.

4. Poisons are the main-dmg-source. So not having them is a big no-no