FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Swiftshaper

Ask Mr.Robot Boomkin Gemming?

Long story short I took a 3 week break from WoW and recently came back. So i reread Icy-Veins Boomkin Guides and realize I have some reforging and gemming to do. Here's the problem AMR tells me to ignore the 120 int socket bonuses and put 2 320 crit gems!? Should I follow AMR or just put the appropriate gem int the socket?

Thank you very much for any help smile.png

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/ee267fe4-0729-4f39-8fcf-e2e18ec0f4a3 link

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Swiftshaper/advanced

Edited by Swiftshaper

1st) Your AMR link is broken. 

2nd) Even if it did work, we wouldn't see the same thing as you (I just pulled up your character and I'm not seeing what you are seeing)

3rd) You should make an AMR account and hit the 'save' buitton, name the profile, and then copy that link so we can see exactly what you are seeing.

If you don't give that saved link we cant load the same settings you have, it will just be default for us.

It looks like it's a side effect of rating Mastery at 0, which I may have recommended in another post. (You saw nothing!) In this case, that weighting is causing the system to kick itself in the butt a little. It wants to get rid of as much Mastery as it can, so it tries to reforge out of it at all costs. However, you have a massive amount of Spirit and Hit on your gear, and it doesn't want to go too far over the cap, either. So it does some calculations and figures out that if it really wants to get rid of every point of Mastery possible, the best compromise is to put in some yellow gems and miss out on the socket bonuses so that the solution is reasonably close to the hit cap.

If I raise Mastery's weighting to 2.0, then it will take the socket bonuses again. Looks like an unintended side effect of the site's algorithm.

TBH, I feel the default weights for boomkin are pretty decent.  Just pick the haste breakpoint you want and there you go.

Also, Swiftshaper you should probably only use the 5k haste breakpoint and not the 10k one since you can't reach it in your current gear.

Just use the default build in AMR and it will tell you what to do.  When you get a bit more haste gear then you can bump the haste breakpoint up to 10k

I wonder if Mr Robot is just broken for Balance. I always end up at least 1.5% or more above the hit cap if I follow their recommendations. Fortunately, I don't completely suck at math so I can fix it, but I thought the point of Mr Robot (and/or Wowreforge) was to save us the heartbreak of math.

I wonder if Mr Robot is just broken for Balance. I always end up at least 1.5% or more above the hit cap if I follow their recommendations. Fortunately, I don't completely suck at math so I can fix it, but I thought the point of Mr Robot (and/or Wowreforge) was to save us the heartbreak of math.

Can you link your profile?  Preferably using the "save" button so we can see what you're seeing.  For me, I just have too much spirit gear (trying to build a decent off set)  But for the most part it should be getting you close to the cap and not over it assuming you can get out of it. 

Can you link your profile?  Preferably using the "save" button so we can see what you're seeing.  For me, I just have too much spirit gear (trying to build a decent off set)  But for the most part it should be getting you close to the cap and not over it assuming you can get out of it. 

It makes me wonder how they're going to handle Spirit in the next expansion, since they're supposedly removing Hit and Expertise from gear entirely. Is Spirit going to be a healer-only thing, or will they make it somehow relevant to the healer hybrids?

It makes me wonder how they're going to handle Spirit in the next expansion, since they're supposedly removing Hit and Expertise from gear entirely. Is Spirit going to be a healer-only thing, or will they make it somehow relevant to the healer hybrids?

Spirit will just be a healer thing, since no other class in WoD will have any use for it but them.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703970357

^blue post tells more about the changes if you haven't read it all yet.