FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Elro

Destro dps advice

I just recently started doing Flex raids on my warlock, and I'd like some objective feedback from our wonderful community. I've looked over my logs, but I'm not great at reading them, and I know I'll have missed plenty. 

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silver-hand/Elrovao/advanced

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1w6s7r4dgs404pf7/details/9/

I welcome criticism on any and every fight, but IJ is my main focus. I figure if I can get a purely single target fight down, it'll be that much easier to improve on all the rest. Thanks in advance :)

First off, your gems confuse the hell out of me, haha.  You dabble in a little bit of every stat it seems.  Make sure all your gems that can take advantage of secondaries use mastery, it's our best stat for every spec.

I'll just analyze IJ for now until you're ready to delve deeper.  So, are you using AD for this fight?  The fight went on for just over 5 minutes, so if you were using AD you missed a use of DS in there.  Are your logs maybe broken for this fight?  I'm not seeing a use of DS at the start.  Otherwise, you seem to be lining DS up with PBI as best you can here, so that's good!

Your Immolate uptime is sitting at 94% and you didn't die, so that can definitely come up a bit.  I saw 4 casts of Fel Flame so it seems safe to say that you definitely are using AD, but 4 casts on a fight that has a lot of shit to move out of kinda tells me that you're either really good at knowing when to pool Conflagrate, or there are periods of time when you're just moving and not casting.  Correct me if I'm wrong here.  I suppose it's possible that you just tank through the damage on Flex and turret up.

It's hard to recall at this point for me, but your average Chaos Bolt damage seems a *bit* low.  It's been awhile since I was at that item level, so it's hard to say exactly.  Just make sure you're pooling Embers for bigger procs.  In your case, there should be 2 instances:

1. PBI/DS together

2. Wushoolay's at 4-5+ stacks.

• Like 1

What are you doing for an opener?

In the dmg done graph it shows you peaking to 300k at ~60 seconds in and only doing around 100k on pull.

Are you by chance saving DS until you have 4 embers?  Also do not see Potion in the log at all... 

Prepot/opener with all procs is huge for setting up sustained DPS, especially single target.

Yeah just looking deeper, you most definitely used AD as you have one dark soul use 1 minute apart from another.

it looks like you held both DS charges for over a minute.

19:50:47 - Pull

19:52:02 - DS 1

19:54:04 - DS 2

19:55:30 - DS 3

At 19:51:47 you get a Wush proc and dumped your embers on Chaos bolts, then literally 4 seconds after your trinket proc drops, you use your first Dark Soul charge.

Edited by Soulzar

Awesome, something clean cut and simple! Better DS usage, should've known. As for the opener, the pull wasn't done very well, and I wasn't able to prepot. No idea how I missed using my pot later on though. 

My typical opener:

Prepot - CoE - DS - Immolate - Conflagrate - Incinerate - Chaos Bolt - Conflagrate - Incinerate til Ember - Chaos Bolt.

Basically, I get Immolate up, and then use Conflag+Incinerate to generate embers in between casting as many buffed CBs as I can get out. @Omaric, on the gems, I had been running with a build that would work for Demo offspec, but I decided until I had better gear and used Demo more, I would just stick with pure Destro. Still need to go replace those Int+Haste gems with Int+Mastery.

The reason I asked if your logs were messed up on IJ was because I don't see your first PBI until about 2 minutes into the fight.  That just can't be right.  I mean, if that's right you're probably owed some karma real soon, so I'd buy a lottery ticket.  Otherwise it means you do some evil shit in real life.  In which case, we can't be friends anymore.  :D

I don't see your first PBI until about 2 minutes into the fight. 

he most likely hit some trash or bug whatever on the way to the boss

(PBI is 115sec icd no haste has any effect on this so it proc alway every 2 min)

if not his karma is realy evil !:D 

he most likely hit some trash or bug whatever on the way to the boss

(PBI is 115sec icd no haste has any effect on this so it proc alway every 2 min)

if not his karma is realy evil !biggrin.png

If you're attacking beetles or some shit on your way to Iron Juggernaut yer doin' it wrooooong!  :P

I don't recall casting anything between killing Galakras and the pull of IJ...maybe I pissed off the wrong demon and got cursed? :P

Ok, so had another Flex run tonight, I think I did ok on some fights, but I know I could've done a lot better. Galakras, for example, was just...no, not good. Any feedback is appreciated :)

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ievdd07y32a794tj/details/14/

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silver-hand/Elrovao/advanced

Galakras - pretty terrible...large window of no damage at all?  Pretty awkward fight to gauge DoT uptimes and such.

Iron Juggernaut - Chaos Bolt average was only 760k.  This seems quite low.  Work on snapshotting your Chaos Bolt with cooldowns better.  Immolate uptime is 90%, but your average ticks were low.  Make sure you utilize Affdots as Destruction with Immolate as well.  I know you're working with Wushoolay's, but you can still do a bit better with your timing of CB.

Dark Shamans - no Havoc used at all.  Fire and Brimstone active only 4.5% of the time?  Should be much higher with the slimes out and such.

General Naz - 7 Havocs...still seems low.  Only 2 Dark Souls used in nearly 7 minutes.  Should have been able to use 4. 

Lots of gameplay issues you should work on.  You also shouldn't be using Grimoire of Sacrifice at your item level and without KTT.  Use GoSup and use your Fel Imp.  Visit my Fix your DPS F.A.Q. and work through your logs asking yourself the questions I post there.

• Like 1

I appreciate the advice, Zagam :) I can at least explain the reasoning for no Havoc on Shamans, in my group, Wavebinder Kardris is kept down in the Valley of Strength and moved around in a circle, while Earthbreaker Haromm is taken up next to the entrance of the Drag, and moved around up there. As such, he's not in range for me to do anything to him. Huge thanks for clearing up the Grimoire too :)

At the very least you should be able to havoc off the pull though. We keep them together to kill the dogs and separate them once they hit 70%