FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deathclaw98

Lvl 100 hunter talents-lackluster?

If you have not seen WoD lvl 100 talents, it is on wowhead for you to see. When I was reading the level 100 talents for hunters, I was excited for them because they looked pretty good. Then, I began looking around the other classes talents. Mages are summoning massive & powerful meteors, monks and rogues are flying around and doing massive damage, and what do hunters get? A talent that replaces arcane shot, a talent that replaces steady and cobra shot, and a talent that either makes you more powerful without your pet or gives you skills from all pet skill trees. Am I the only one that sees this as being a little bit unfair? All classes are getting game changers and op moves and we get the option to lose what makes hunters unique and different, the ranged moves we have liked having for so long or our beloved pets for a bonus to our power, making most talents broken and meaningless. Thoughts?

To me, I love the fact they are replacing shots and giving us better ones. With our choice ofc.

We already have stampede and some other amazing moves and they haven't said they wont be adding other big abilities for us to keep.

For the amount of buttons we have, I know a good few players would enjoy having less buttons to worry about. [i'm contrary to that as the skill required to play well will show, but with so many buttons, there is less room for the skill to show through]

I love the talents, who cares if others are getting big ass cd's and meteors ... we get to keep all our awesome abilities and play the way we want to.

Bola shot seems really interesting, an AoE arcane shot. Really good for SV, adds to the multi target ability of any spec.

Snipe is just no. Almost twice the cast time of the shot it replaces, and you have to stand still to cast it. That and it gives back so much focus that you practically need to be empty for focus not to be wasted.

With or without you seems like the go to talent. A big increase in damage for MM and SV, saw somewhere that it would be about a 10-15% dps increase. For BM, you get all pet specs in one. Honestly don't know how much of a help this will be in a raid, but it will definitely help in solo content.

I am looking forward to Snipe actually, puts the skill back into positioning and playing and, fingers crossed, gives you a dps reward for doing it successfully.

With or without you seems like the go to talent. A big increase in damage for MM and SV, saw somewhere that it would be about a 10-15% dps increase. For BM, you get all pet specs in one. Honestly don't know how much of a help this will be in a raid, but it will definitely help in solo content.

Well, look at that tool tip again. :) Not only do you get the benefits of all the pet spec abilities, but you'll also see there that your pet get's a 70% DPS increase. Now, I "assume" that will apply to all pets - even the ones summoned via Dire Beast and Stampede. And for BM, that will be HUGE. :D

Well, look at that tool tip again. :) Not only do you get the benefits of all the pet spec abilities, but you'll also see there that your pet get's a 70% DPS increase. Now, I "assume" that will apply to all pets - even the ones summoned via Dire Beast and Stampede. And for BM, that will be HUGE. :D

True, forgot about that. This is a huge dps increase. Currently my pet deals almost half of my overall damage (without blink strikes, need to switc that and try it out), and giving it a 70% increase is an insane damage increase. As for dire wolf, if it does increase it's damage, great, a bit more damage on a fairly low cd. For stampede it will be a smaller overall bonus because of the long cd, but still a bonus. Like I said, definitely the go to talent.

True, forgot about that. This is a huge dps increase. Currently my pet deals almost half of my overall damage (without blink strikes, need to switc that and try it out), and giving it a 70% increase is an insane damage increase. As for dire wolf, if it does increase it's damage, great, a bit more damage on a fairly low cd. For stampede it will be a smaller overall bonus because of the long cd, but still a bonus. Like I said, definitely the go to talent.

It's NOT a 70% damage icnrease  It says it "increases your pet's Combat Expereince to be 70%".  Right now, Combat Experience is a 50% passive damage buff.  The new talent increases that passive buff to 70%, which translates to a 13% overall Pet Damage increase (170%/150%)

It's NOT a 70% damage icnrease  It says it "increases your pet's Combat Expereince to be 70%".  Right now, Combat Experience is a 50% passive damage buff.  The new talent increases that passive buff to 70%, which translates to a 13% overall Pet Damage increase (170%/150%)

Ahhh... got it now. Totally spaced it on that aspect. Well then, not as huge as I had thought. Still, looks like it will be a good talent and personally, I'm looking forward to trying SV out without a pet. :)