FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eddie

So when is the party?

Ghostcrawler is leaving Blizzard. As a warlock, I feels like we should be having a massive bash right now.

You may have missed it, but Ghostcrawler was the mortal enemy of all warlocks. We are having a party because he is gone. This is the man who referred to all warlocks who used UVLS as "exploiters".

You may have missed it, but Ghostcrawler was the mortal enemy of all warlocks. We are having a party because he is gone. This is the man who referred to all warlocks who used UVLS as "exploiters".

Wasn't the mortal enemy the guy before him? THe guy that nerfed corruption in 2.0?

Ghostcrawler was (and I understand the difficulty of the position) the enemy of thinking players. I've encountered devs who were receptive and responsive to constructive criticism and then I've encountered devs who refused to believe anything other than their grand vision was correct, despite the feedback from people who actually played their game and played it a LOT.

I can now focus my rage on other things and other games now.

I can now focus my rage on other things and other games now.

My rage, like a fathers love, does not get divided as I find new things/people to hate. But rather, my rage gets multiplied by the number of things I hate.

• Like 3

We may not have share our visions with him , but reading his twitter was always nice , at least he talked to people.

Street was probably the most hated dev on Blizzards payroll. I personally won't miss him

Probably because 95% of the wow community (myself included) probably couldn't name another Dev besides him.  He was the face, thus took the hate.

No, GC really is just not a good dev. Marine biologists should stay marine biologists.

We may not have share our visions with him , but reading his twitter was always nice , at least he talked to people.

By talking you mean mindlessly defending his view of the game and changes without understanding why people with actual criticism were complaining? I've had interactions with devs who actually talked to people and listened as opposed to GC, who just talked to people without really listening. He can go back to the ocean and die off the coast of Australia.

My rage, like a fathers love, does not get divided as I find new things/people to hate. But rather, my rage gets multiplied by the number of things I hate.

Been trying to cut down on the rage, blood pressure was a little high for my tastes. That and I don't want to go to jail for taking my car on GTA-style cruise down a crowded sidewalk.
Edited by Brown

Frankly I'm apalled by the rethoric in this thread… How about a little respect for the man who headed the development of a game that most of you have spent (i guess) hundreds of hours playing?

How about a little decent, adult behavior?

I don't mean to be a prude, but come one guys, "He can go back to the ocean and die off the coast of Australia." Ffs.

• Like 1

GC clearly hates warlocks.  I mean, look how underpowered we've been this *entire expansion*.  In short, calm down nerds.  GC wasn't that bad, even though he says some dumb shit every now and then.  XD

Don't like what's written? Don't read it. It's a really simple solution.

How can you know if you don't like it if you don't read it?  In any case, this thread is borderline troll territory so let's wrap up the GC hate somewhere else.  (Not in the warlock forums)

• Like 2

Frankly I'm apalled by the rethoric in this thread… How about a little respect for the man who headed the development of a game that most of you have spent (i guess) hundreds of hours playing?

How about a little decent, adult behavior?

I don't mean to be a prude, but come one guys, "He can go back to the ocean and die off the coast of Australia." Ffs.

He called us exploiters for using the game mechanics that he defended putting in after spending months ignoring what warlocks said was going to happen if they put those game mechanics in.

Every thing else he did, I can forgive. Baseless insulting my honor after months of us warning them something would happen, I won't forgive that.

I was part of the hunter community when the whole wish he would get hit by a bus thing was going on so I am a bit tainted.

The best part about all this GC hate is that he was speaking for his team, not just himself. You guys pour out all your hate and blame on him, but he's just the mouthpiece. His leaving the company isnt' going to change a single thing except that we might get less communication now.

All those changes you guys may have hated? Yeah, they were decided via concensus.

Also, source on him calling Warlocks exploiters for using UVLS?

Edited by Belloc

He said something too about class balancing being a very small part of his job, yet the one he took so much heat for.

I don't get the hate. I don't agree with everything Blizzard does, but warlocks got tons of love this x-pac, and even if they didn't, GC is just one guy working for a big company.

I think it's just that we've had to put up with enough bullshit for most of the xpac from butthurt players of other classes without one of the devs coming out and vindicating their (often way over-the-top and unjustifiable) unpleasantness towards us by actually calling us "exploiters".

I don't blame him or credit him much for what's wrong or right with the game, or the particular class I play in it, because I don't think any one person has that kind of control or power within the dev team. But it seemed pretty obvious to me through his relatively poor PR that he personally harboured some of the same kind of grudges that the aforementioned whining players do, and that's not really acceptable from somebody who's meant to be a mediator. 

I don't think he deserves a pat on the back for "putting up" with the community either - somebody has to deal with the constant whingers and moaners, and I think somebody can do it better than GC did. His leaving won't have any impact (positive or negative) on the quality of the game itself, I don't think.